Increasing a sites 'google rank'

So I have an issue with two sites I run (kinda), my families business website (9 months old) and my guilds website (3 months old). Neither are performing well in terms of google rankings/hits (the guild website wont even appear in google if you type the url in

Guild: http://www.hostilenagrand.enjin.com/

Work: http://www.completeagedcare.com/

I was wondering if anyone could give me tips on how to increase the rankings of these sites, I have spent a long time particuarly on the money making one, working out good key words and what not but it seems to have little effect. I have tried searing for this kinda stuff on google but all I get are companies trying to take what little money I have left for possibly increasing the rank/hits.

I know it is cheesy asking for help for this kinda stuff on MMO champion, but you guys seem to always have an answer when I ask about crazy things like SQL and alike previously.

Cheers, a response would be super appreciated.
    Last edited by Rekindled; 2012-06-12 at 06:28 AM.
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

What you are referring to is called SEO (Search Engine optemisation) it's been pretty big bussiness in the web development market for quite some time now so there's alot of information about it. I take it you are new to SEO so here's a guide compiled by google themselfs on how to improve your site's rankings.

search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf

If you do not trust the link due to keyloggers and all that scarry stuff just google for SEO starter guide by google and you will find the same PDF file.

Good luck with improving your site's rankings!

Well, usually the popularity is the key factor of a site in google search. But as Kardak suggested, there may be some tweaks you can do to skip the popularity factor for now.

Oh we implore to infinite wisdom of MMO champion to improve the ranking on Google's PageRank system!

The pdf seems a good read, thanks printing now
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

10+ Year Old Account
    I should toss out there, having working in the SEO business for a while, SEO and what it means has changed a lot. I haven't read the PDF yet, but if its any older than 6 months, Google has changed a GREAT DEAL in how it handles ranking, and older SEO practices may actually negatively affect you. Make sure the things you're reading are up to date.

Deleted
    A few things I noticed:

- Your permalinks look really ugly. Try to clean them up a bit, like this for example: ..agedcare.com/services instead of ..agedcare.com/?page_id=17. Have the actual page name instead of the ID.

- Try to fit the keywords in your headings and put better names on the pictures you have. Saw you named on low-res-300x200. If you name it to something related to your business, chances are higher people will find your site.

Me personally would split up the services or products as their own pages, so they get their own permalink. If you have separate pages for it, Google would probably find the keywords easier.

Example:

.completeagedcare.com/services/home-care-package
    .completeagedcare.com/services/acfi-income-maximisation
    .completeagedcare.com/services/consultation

These things helped my website quite alot on the rankings atleast, but it's probably a lot more to it. I'm no expert, and there is most certainly people who are a lot better on this than me.

Do what the above post said for starters.

Some web design tips...

Puts script links at the bottom. It helps decrease load time...slightly; as a browser can only load one thing at a time(stylesheet or script page), so what your doing by putting the scripts at the bottom is forcing the browser to load the CSS first then the JS.

Try and decrease your style sheets...there's like 5-10 of them. I dont know how you set up your CSS, but imo that's way to many.

On page SEO would be the first thing to target, like the above poster.
    this
    this
    and that
    Last edited by usiris; 2012-06-12 at 03:12 PM.

http://www.seomoz.org/beginners-guide-to-seo

seomoz > all ^^

tl:dr version: get ppl to link to your site ^^