Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Let's see if I can recall my setup on Belial!

Hungering Arrow (Devouring Arrow), Elemental Arrow (Nether Tentacles), Smoke Screen (Lingering Fog), Preparation (Backup Plan), Caltops (Torturous Ground), Marked for Death (Mortal Enemy), Steady Aim, Archery, Sharpshooter.

In P1: I used Caltrops to sort of cut off the left side (With two placed, one above the other) and ran to the right hand corner, where I spammed Nether Tentacles to my hearts content.

P2: Again, I kept two Caltops down (replacing them when Belial dashed away or w/e) to root random snakes, popped a MfD onto Belial, spammed Nether Tentacles on him, while vanishing snakes and dodging his projectiles. (Though P2 was by far the hardest phase to do, imho).

P3: Just dodge stuff and pewpew Nether Tentacles, again I was at the right hand side of the platform as I believe the breath can not hit you there.

You could also consider dropping Hungering Arrow and picking up Bat Companion. Bat, Mark and spam Tentacles to generate Hatred, but I found it a bit meh on Belial.
    Last edited by mmoc976c300d9b; 2012-06-12 at 02:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    I beat him without high dps (barely 30k before Sharpshooter, around 72k after) using a cold-based bow (freeing up spot for slows).
    Same here, used a slow build entangling shot + extra slow, slowing trap, ss, prep & EA. After about 100~ tries in shit gear some time ago I managed to get pass him after perfect kiting/bursting that try. Was in the same position as you undergeared/farmed and just focussed on progressing only, the kiting/slowing build is really effective if you lack the damage to zerg it down.

10+ Year Old Account
    My DH just hit 60 about 3 days ago... and I am now farming Siegebreaker with 5 stacks. It took me probably about 20-30 attempts on Belial Inferno.

I only had a 900 DPS bow. My dps is ~46000 without SS, with SS its at 92000.

I am broke as hell so I didn't really buy anything.

I used Caltrops with 80% slow. Smokescreen @ 1.5s. Hungering Arrow with 70% increased damage after penetration. Nether Tentacles and Preparation with the chance to not be put on cooldown.

As for my passives: I used Steady Aim, Sharpshooter and something else that I can't remember haha.

I killed Belial after many attempts a while ago with 26k DPS. This was my setup: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VYT!YeX!YaZcaZ

Try to stay on the right side as long as you can, the far upper left adds won't be in range to aggro on you. Night Stalker was great at helping me keep disc up since Belial charging + snakes all over the place can burn your disc fast. If you haven't already, make sure you have a +disc cloak and +disc quiver. Having an extra 10-20 disc makes it much, much easier to survive, especially when you need to sometimes spend disc for caltrops AND SS in rapid succession. If you ever get to P3, go as far right/back as you possibly can and just NT spam him. SS anything that is hitting your area and burn. When he does his platform fire burst thing, dodge them and go back into the corner and spam NT again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Phase 1 is easy. Caltrops with either jagged spikes, or spines (80% slow). Drop the first one at your feet and run back to the rail. It should affect all of them, and NT spam should drop them pretty quick. The rest is just taking them down without getting yourself trapped.

Phase 2 is the hard part. But it's doable. Just dance until he stops to do his poison spam, then unload. Rinse, repeat. When adds spawn, try to line them up with Belial if possible for collateral damage. This is the phase (as you know) that takes the most amount of attention, and maybe a bit of luck. Just keep working on it and it will eventually click.

If you get to phase 3, it's a win unless you completely brain fart.

Use the rune for prep that gives you 45 disc over 15 seconds. You'll spend it faster than you'll gain the disc, and it gives you the most disc. You can hope for a good proc using the rune that resets the CD 30% of the times. But in my experience, that will fail you when you need it most. (Sorry for my old guy bad memory, but the rune names are failing me atm).

I like shatter for devouring arrow as it can affect more targets than other runes. YMMV.

I also found that using the scoundrel as your follower best for me in this fight. He has a good slowing effect, and hysteria is just too good for this fight. My scoundrel didn't have any real amazing damage (about maybe 2600 dps) when I used him, but performed much better than the Templar or Enchantress... for me.

Good luck. It took me a good 20 attempts give or take before it clicked. Don't worry, it's not impossible.
    Last edited by Disenchanted; 2012-06-13 at 02:50 AM.