10+ Year Old Account

Question Do i need to chase down the Pony Mats for Nightmare & other modes?

So i just had the rainbow liquid drop on me on nightmare 1st time.

It was to my understanding that i didnt need the mats for the next lot of mods and could upgrade the staff by buying the recipe in act 4, so im guessing i need to hunt down the mats for every mode?
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Hunt the mats for normal mode (they drop from specific locations in any difficulty) and then the only thing required to make the Nightmarish / Hellish / Infernal staves is to buy the recipe for 1g (once in each diffulty upon reaching act 4) and then the combine fee of 200k for Nightmare, 500k for Hell and 1 million for Inferno.

Was much fun to get the 1.75 million to make the Infernal staff.

Deleted
    No you dont, the only thing required to upgrade your herding staff is the previous one so to upgrade the normale staff to Nightmare, you just buy the nightmare plans, and the only thing required to create it is normal staff. So to upgrade the nightmare staff to hell you just buy the plans to it, and the only thing required is the staff of herding nightmare. Hope it helps :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperhald View Post
    No you dont, the only thing required to upgrade your herding staff is the previous one so to upgrade the normale staff to Nightmare, you just buy the nightmare plans, and the only thing required to create it is normal staff. So to upgrade the nightmare staff to hell you just buy the plans to it, and the only thing required is the staff of herding nightmare. Hope it helps :P
    That it does Kasp, the moment i got it, someone goes on general "WTB Liquid rainbow drop 500k pst" Im kicking myself lol
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

All mats are BoA, so you won't see anyone wanting to buy it :P Don't worry

Quote Originally Posted by Vynistra View Post
    Hunt the mats for normal mode (they drop from specific locations in any difficulty) and then the only thing required to make the Nightmarish / Hellish / Infernal staves is to buy the recipe for 1g (once in each diffulty upon reaching act 4) and then the combine fee of 200k for Nightmare, 500k for Hell and 1 million for Inferno.

Was much fun to get the 1.75 million to make the Infernal staff.
    I farmed the mats on normal, then just buy the plans from one of the bastion keep vendors, right click on them while with the BS, then a new item will appear, you just update the staff on each difficulty, but you just have to farm mats the first time.

---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 05:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    That it does Kasp, the moment i got it, someone goes on general "WTB Liquid rainbow drop 500k pst" Im kicking myself lol
    all mats are account bound, as Smaointe said, you ware not able to transfer or sell any mats neither the staff itself. yesterday i dropped for a friend to pick it up, he was not able to.

You both are correct, but if you find the cave and the chest correctly, you could then invite the person to your game to collect the item. It wouldn't work very well though since they could just not pay you after that.