Any good tv's for use as monitor

I got some spare cash hanging round, and I have a 24 inch Asus screen. But I want something bigger.
    Was thinking something like a 32 inch tv screen. I have a 69502gig card
    What are some options for this?

The screen size does not matter to your graphics card, just the resolution.
    If you have a 24" screen with 1920x1080 resolution now, it isnt any harder to your graphics card if you switch to 50" screen while still using 1920x1080 resolution, which you most likely will be using.
    However, if you play a lot of fps games I would suggest using your current screen for that, if you buy a large TV it will most likely have a slight negative impact in fps games, big screens have slightly higher response time, it isnt something you can measure by moving your mouse around, but when you are playing you will notice it, but for WoW and games where you dont have to aim accurately and quickly a big screen is great, Im currently using 42" screen for gaming, and it is great imo, but in fps games like BF3 I would do slightly better on a small monitor.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Bought a 32 inch TV for use as a monitor which I used for about a day. Picture was so bad I returned it and went out and got a 27 inch monitor - I'll NEVER use a TV as a monitor again.

You probably went for a quite cheap one, cheap 32" TVs can be really bad.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    32" is the transitional screen size where both TN and IPS panels are used. The key spec to look for when buying a 32" TV is viewing angle. Do not buy any TV with a viewing angle of less than 178/178 degrees.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've used a Vizio 32" for my monitor for the past 2-3 years now. It's great for for most games, but playing FPS I still like to use my smaller monitor.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Quote Originally Posted by Graph View Post
    I've used a Vizio 32" for my monitor for the past 2-3 years now. It's great for for most games, but playing FPS I still like to use my smaller monitor.
    The way FPS games play scale better w/ Hand eye coordination @ 23"-24" screens. The key part really is how much your head/neck/eyes move vertically which drastically impacts your personal performance.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have a 47" Vizio as my monitor that I use for everything. It has a 5ms response time which isn't bad for a screen this big... I will admit that FPS games are a little hard to play on a screen this size simply because you actually have to turn your head to look for the baddies to kill....
    If your only question is what is the destination, you need to think more about the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalhen View Post
    I have a 47" Vizio as my monitor that I use for everything. It has a 5ms response time which isn't bad for a screen this big... I will admit that FPS games are a little hard to play on a screen this size simply because you actually have to turn your head to look for the baddies to kill....
    Left and right motion have peripheral vision up and down is a bit more jaded, we used to play RB6v on a 72" mitsubishi was quite absurd.

So I'm looking at a 42inch it seems, I only play sc2 and wow.
    Tried to check out Vizio tv's, turns out, they don't sell in Australia.
    What specs am I going to be wanting in a tv. just 1920*1080 ?

I currently use one of these.

LG 47inch

Its amazing with HDMi into my GTX 580 and I use optical from my soundcard into my surround system.

I picked up a 32" Westinghouse 1080p tv a few months ago on newegg for $300ish. It looked really bad with HDMI but once I used the VGA port it looks really sharp and I've used it on all my games since then while keeping my 19" monitor next to it for regular PC stuff.

After reading a very many reviews, seems a 27 inch monitor would be better for a computer. Now the hard part, which brand!!

10+ Year Old Account
    i use my 40" Samsung now and again but prefer my 24" monitor over my tv
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

No, they all suck.

</thread>

Infracted. Don't spam.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-06-12 at 04:07 AM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Another thing about TVs is they all have random options turned on by default.

Most likely you're going to want to leave dynamic contrast and edge sharpening on, but turn them down to their lowest preset. If you have a 120Hz or higher TV, you may have to turn off MotionFlow or whatever your brand calls its motion interpolation feature. You are probably going to want to perform color calibration yourself rather than use the normal, vivid, film, sports, etc. presets.