Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Amount of gold to level Ench&Tailor from 1-525

Hi guys, I want to level enchanting + tailoring for my 85 alt, I have 20,000 golds budget, do you think is enough? I plan to buy the mats from AH, I hate grinding, if is not enough how far I can level enchanting and tailoring with 20,000.

I heard is very expensive to level those profs from AH, I remember when I leveled my Jewelcrafting from AH from 1-430 in 2-3 days I spent like 15,000..

It depends on the economy of your realm, on mine 20k would maybe get you to 350-400 if that far.

Deleted
    There's a guild on my server who does prof packages i think the one for tailoring is 10k and enchanting is 15k. That's 1-525 btw.

10k for tailoring sounds cheap to me. Frostweave cloth is still expensive on my realm and you probably need loads of it.

---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 03:43 PM ----------

Awesome website! It said 27,208 gold on my realm!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolvik View Post
    33,000 just for enchanting and for tailoring 23,500 -_-!!!! Well, that being said I have to combine grinding with AH and disenchanting tailoring stuff, that would be better, of course I'll follow an online guide thanks for reply <3

Quote Originally Posted by AlexFluffyBunny View Post
    Hi guys, I want to level enchanting + tailoring for my 85 alt, I have 20,000 golds budget, do you think is enough? I plan to buy the mats from AH, I hate grinding, if is not enough how far I can level enchanting and tailoring with 20,000.

I heard is very expensive to level those profs from AH, I remember when I leveled my Jewelcrafting from AH from 1-430 in 2-3 days I spent like 15,000..
    The trick isn't to buy from the AH. You will probably end up paying 5x the amount to level them. I never ever buy anything from the AH. Everything on the AH is overpriced. Frostweave cloth was selling for 100G/stack when I was levelling my Tailoring. Infinite dust was selling for 150g+/stack as well. You need to keep checking in Trade Chat. I picked up like 40 stacks for 20G each cause someone wanted to get rid of them. Similarly I Paid around 900G for 40 Abyss Crystals and over 100+Infinite dusts just cause someone was stocking them up during WTLK.

Enchanting and Tailoring have great synergy. The biggest expense personally for enchanting are the enchanting rods. They cost a fortune to make and is the most annoying part of the profession. Primal mights sell for 300g+.

I would say you could level both Enchanting/Tailoring within 10000G. You simply DE all your BoEs that you craft. However, make sure you are in a level 25 guild when you DE since you have a chance to proc a few extra dusts/essences/shards.

---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 07:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AlexFluffyBunny View Post
    33,000 just for enchanting and for tailoring 23,500 -_-!!!! Well, that being said I have to combine grinding with AH and disenchanting tailoring stuff, that would be better, of course I'll follow an online guide thanks for reply <3
    Well like I said, don't rely on the AH to level professions. It isn't the best method. You need to be out there in trade looking for people that have materials and buy from them in bulk. Most times they just want to get rid of them and will sell it to you for 1/10th of the AH price. I have levelled Enchanting on 3 characters and all other professions besides LW/Engineering. I do know a bit of what I am talking about. Never ever rely on the AH to level a profession. You will simply end up paying a fortune.

You can find some good deals here and there, but don't use it as your first option.

I almost have the opposite opinion when it comes to the AH vs Trade.

Trade seems to be filled with over priced spam, while I can configure a snatch list for whenever I scan the AH.

There is fleecing on the AH to be sure, but just configure you snatches and a lot of it can be ignored.

Not much you can do about the cost of tailoring if you're not willing to farm some cloth. I would recommend considering farming frostweave in the Icecrown tho. You need a lot and it's probably the biggest cost involved. ONce you have your passive that gets you extra cloth you can farm it fairly quickly. Even if you only farm half of it, you'll still save a ton of gold.

As for enchanting, don't buy mats. I recommend looking at guides for jc, lw, smithing and tailoring and check the AH for the crafted items from leveling these professions. People often dump them for a fraction of the cost of the mats you get by DE'ing them. It'll save you a ton of gold.

you know for me to level enchanting without tailoring it cost me around 3k. Why? cause i level a druid 1 to 85 and DE every piece of gear that wasnt agility leather and only spend gold to fill the gaps and it helped a lot

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Focus on tailoring first, and then DE all the crap you make, that will help cut down the cost to level enchanting
    (cost me about 20k to level enchanting 1-525, buying 90% of mats from AH)

http://www.wow-professions.com a site i've more or less used as a loose guide for leveling any of my professions up. that being said 1-400 you should be able to do for cost of total training for Tailoring. Enchant will cost you because of Rod's and certain ones being overly expensive- if not all of them. Enchanting should be able to maintain same level as your tailoring up too about 325. this is do to DEing blues/greens found from instance farming for cloth. Instance farming for cloth nets a desent amount of cloth each run, and the blues/greens from boss/trash help give enough mats for each enchant. Just remember to only Disenchant for levels 1-50 to help prolong your mats for that 50-125 grind and beyond.

I managed to do it for about ~12000. But I also started on a level 70, and after questing to 85, i had a ton of frostweave/embersilk that i didn't have to spend as much. still bought like 30-40 stacks worth of embersilk, but I got em dirt cheap.

Took me roughly 12k to level enchanting from 1-525. But then again, my server economy is worse than Greece or Spain....

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tailoring is an excellent profession to match up with Enchanting, because unlike JC and others, you don't need a dedicated farming character for mining/skinning/herbing, and you can DE so many cheaply made greens for each range of profession level.

So, don't really think of it so much as hard grinding 1-525 for two professions, when in reality it is closer to 1 profession with a lot of spill over into the second profession.

Also, don't forget you can get 5 free skillup points per profession a month via DMF, so when you are getting to the ~500 mark and things begin to get cost prohibitive to grind up for the sake of grinding up, a little patience can save you a shit ton of gold. (You will only need 500/525 to be able to begin grinding out the very cheap entry level MoP recipes, just like the last several expacs)

Other than that, yeah, gold costs vary by server.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Tailoring is an excellent profession to match up with Enchanting, because unlike JC and others, you don't need a dedicated farming character for mining/skinning/herbing, and you can DE so many cheaply made greens for each range of profession level.

So, don't really think of it so much as hard grinding 1-525 for two professions, when in reality it is closer to 1 profession with a lot of spill over into the second profession.

Also, don't forget you can get 5 free skillup points per profession a month via DMF, so when you are getting to the ~500 mark and things begin to get cost prohibitive to grind up for the sake of grinding up, a little patience can save you a shit ton of gold. (You will only need 500/525 to be able to begin grinding out the very cheap entry level MoP recipes, just like the last several expacs)

Other than that, yeah, gold costs vary by server.
    This is very very true. You'll barely spend any gold on enchanting if at all. 20k *should* be enough to level both.

10+ Year Old Account
    i spent about 30k on US Stormrage... But i was resourceful too

30k between the 2 profs

Buy cloth
    Tailor the cheapest item, even if it's yellow, sometimes if it's green. Even though you won't get a skill up every time, you'll need the items.
    Disenchant everything you make.
    Buy any enchanting mats to make up the difference if you don't get enough mats from disenchanting (you certainly won't).

Yeah, it's definitely expensive, but it depends. If you can do it over the course of a week or two, you can buy all the cheap cloth out as it appears (make sure to check for cheap cloth that you aren't in need of yet on a particular day, since it might be more expensive once you finally need it).

Expect to blow most of you gold from the northrend levels. Frostweave is a rip off, and you need obscene amounts of it. Netherweave is usually cheap because so much drops from Ramparts and stuff that people just flood the AH with it.

But, as I said, the most important thing is to strongly consider what enchanting mats each item you craft will yield, and make what you need most, biggest bang for buck. Most crafting items won't sell on the auction house, so just stick to DEing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolvik View Post
    why wont it let me choose a realm

tailoring tends to get annoying around silk cloth and rune cloth... then slowly worse at netherweave and frostweave is a nightmare... embersilk is annoying too.. id say tailoring will easily cost u 10k jus going from 350-425... frostweave cloths were selling for 40g per pack of 20..

enchantings super easy to lvl though.. mostly because of mats on the ah and the outlands trick if u own halaa

my advice.. try and get more gold for tailoring.