Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I like it, but I fear I only like the unit frames and would only use them and nothing else of the UI since it, at least right now, it doesn't have nearly the same amount of class friendliness that RealUI does.

On top of that, I then worry that I'm only liking those unit frames because "ooo new and shiny!". At the least, I'll try it out wh
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    let's see if there is blood spilling in the middle of the scree...dead

good loking but not functional at all

Deleted
    As said by others it would appear that it is way more for look than functionality. Also, douche move to make something, brag about it yet not take the time which is considerably less than it took to make to upload it for others to use.

GG

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Knew It View Post
    As said by others it would appear that it is way more for look than functionality. Also, douche move to make something, brag about it yet not take the time which is considerably less than it took to make to upload it for others to use.

GG
    Really now? A douche move to not give others was you made your self? I'd say its just a choice and a damn good one at that, if you want a good looking ui start working instead of QQ'ing about others not giving their away.

holy shit...

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Why? No, there wouldn't be. Just toss it on a dropbox or whatever and tell people it's packaged as-is.
    You obviously have not seen the consequences of when people did just that.
    I have on several occasions, and YES people will make demands and people will ignore quite clear statements that they were on their own.

It is up to an author to make that decision, and if their decision to keep something personal is not to your liking then tough.

If the designer didn't use a Mac, most people would have have it by now. lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    No he said, look what you can make using different addons.
    Which is, as the author him or herself admitted, barring a few features nothing special. There are tons of minimalistic UIs out there. I linked a few good ones one can use right now.

I actually really dislike these UIs. I really dislike when a UI justified around the border of your screen doesn't go to the edge. Instead of framing the image, you just get something that blacks part of the image. I especially hated the last one. Stuff goes way too far up the middle of the screen. Once again, blocking the actual image.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

As most of ppl say it's not all about look, but always nice to see good designer work

Does this take up GPU power? cause i got lots to spare of that.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Using 3D models is "effectively free". Most of them are already loaded because they're used to draw the game world (ie: the blood splatters that have generated so much discussion here might be used whenever a druid throws up a bleed. The bones used for DKs when the cast bone shields). The render engine is pretty well suited to drawing these effects, the game doesn't grind to a halt when an extra person walks into view.

I suppose there's going to be some trivial amount of CPU/GPU overhead because you'l have ~50 extra triangles to draw but the game world is made up of millions of those so 50 more isn't a measurable impact on performance.

You're far more likely to write a crappy bit of custom lua for your triggers and bog-down your frame rate than to measure any performance hit from loading dozens of 3d models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    You obviously have not seen the consequences of when people did just that.
    I have on several occasions, and YES people will make demands and people will ignore quite clear statements that they were on their own.

It is up to an author to make that decision, and if their decision to keep something personal is not to your liking then tough.
    If they can ignore what you wrote, why can't you ignore what they wrote?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

15+ Year Old Account
    Posting in this thread so I can find it later on when I return to wow. That UI looks really nice. Not sure I like the class aura thing, but really simple and clean.

My only reason not to download UIs is with default I never have issues with patches and expansions, but I got a new machine in my break from wow and I'll need to re-download my addons anyway... If I can remember which ones I actually used.