Deleted

Internet problems PLEASE HELP

So i just bought a brand new computer and a new wifi card but for some reason it wont run with more than 1mbit. I've installed all the drivers and everything. My internet on my old pc was around 35mbit. I have no clue what to do Any help would be greatly appreciated

The wifi card i am using is called D-link wireless n desktop adapter DWA-547
    Last edited by mmocfeea8199d0; 2012-06-12 at 04:19 PM.

Deleted
    Hm, you have installed a WLAN PCI card (DWA-547) in your new computer and can only reach 1Mbps? Is this a new card or have you used it earlier (by your post I would assume the latter, and that you reached 35Mbps)? How are you measuring the speed? The DWA-547 has 802.11n and as long as your router/switch support the same standard (and speed) it should be good up to around 300Mbps, local transfer speeds.

In either case, this sounds a bit odd. I reckon the first thing to do is to completely reinstall the drivers. I would then check the antennas on both the modem and the router and check for signal strength. Re-seat the card in the PCI lane to make sure it's properly installed. It sounds like a software mishap, but I guess it could be hardware failure as well.

Deleted
    I got the Wifi card and the computer today. I am measuring the speed from my ISP's internetsite (waoo.dk) my router is also running in 802.11n. And i have reinstalled the drivers and it still wont go over 1mbit. I have also re-seated the card in the PCI lane. The reason i am not using the old wifi card is because it is USB (i measured 35mbit on my laptop which i dont use for gaming).