Deleted

Wise, interesting or funny quotes thread

Hello, everyone.

So I was just thinking it might be a good idea to create a thread for interesting quotes from books, movies, famous people or whatever source it's happens to be from. Funnily enough I can only remember two right now.

'Pain is weakness leaving the body' - I believe it's from a US Marine recruitment office.
    'I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.' - Albert Einstein

As expected when I go to create this thread I can't think of any wise quotes I've heard. If they come to me, I'll add them in.

Edit: This may be better in fun stuff.
    Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2012-06-12 at 04:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Don't kick a tiger in the ass if you don't have a plan for the claws."

"IF, only two letters but a very big word."

Deleted
    "The people who must never have power are the humourless." - Christopher Hitchens

"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly." - Winston Churchill

(Will likely be back with more of my favourites, but I'd just recommend searching Mark Twain and Oscar Wilde quotes, those men were the masters of one-liners and zingers!)

Deleted
    "Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. " - Karl Pilkington

"It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well."

"This above all — to thine own self be true;
    And it must follow, as the night the day,
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

"Death closes all: but something ere the end,
    Some work of noble note, may yet be done,
    Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods."

"Babies are such a wonderful way to start people."

"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven."

"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
    Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
    And by opposing end them?"

"Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?”

"Courage is not an absence of fear, but the conquest of it."

"The art of living well and dying well are one."
    Last edited by Fibby76; 2012-06-12 at 05:19 PM.

Deleted
    "History will be kind to me, for I intent to write it" - Sir Winston Churchill

10+ Year Old Account
    If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe - Carl Sagan

The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them in their cores and exploded these enriched ingredients across our galaxy, billions of years ago. For this reason, we are biologically connected to every other living thing in the world. We are chemically connected to all molecules on Earth. And we are atomically connected to all atoms in the universe. We are not figuratively, but literally stardust. - Niel deGrasse Tyson

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” - Albert Einstein

"I like beer because it is good" - Psychostick
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. - Mewtwo

I guess I'd choose two awkward ones...

"And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." By Nietzsche

"Love is the law, love under will." By Aleister Crowley

Deleted
    A pessimist is a person who has to listen to too many optimists.
    Don Marquis

---------- Post added 2012-06-14 at 06:50 AM ----------

I've always wanted to go to Switzerland to see what the army does with those wee red knives.

Billy Connolly

Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there's always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don't just give up.
    -Stephen Hawking
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    A friend in need is a friend indeed. A friend that's dead, is a poor conversationalist. May they rest in pieces, ruptured, decomposing, pieces.
    -Red.