Page 1 of 2
LastLast

D'oh!! I should have been using this all along...

The question is has anyone found a skill that they had previously passed on that turned out to be awesome? I have a 49 Wizard and decided to try using the hydras for the first time yesterday. The fire and ice ones are nothing special, but the venom hydra makes me go all Homer Simpson. It hits HARD, and makes solo clearing much easier. I know using a specific build can get you better dps, but I want to experience all aspects and come to my own conclusions.

So has anyone else had such a revelation?

Earth Ally on my monk... My little mini-Kormac is so helpful
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Deleted
    I started playing a demon hunter instead of my witch doctor and i thought "wow... this game is so easy!" Sort of the same thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Used hydras from the second I got them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    I started playing a demon hunter instead of my witch doctor and i thought "wow... this game is so easy!" Sort of the same thing
    I did the same thing!

Deleted
    Yeah, until you hit inferno and don't have enough gold to get decent gear.

Furious Charge!

I'm sorry I neglected you so long.

Quote Originally Posted by kromagnuts View Post
    The question is has anyone found a skill that they had previously passed on that turned out to be awesome? I have a 49 Wizard and decided to try using the hydras for the first time yesterday. The fire and ice ones are nothing special, but the venom hydra makes me go all Homer Simpson. It hits HARD, and makes solo clearing much easier. I know using a specific build can get you better dps, but I want to experience all aspects and come to my own conclusions.

So has anyone else had such a revelation?
    actually the same: I had used Arcane Hydra for some time during Nightmare/Hell but eventually moved to a Frost Nova/Teleport/Energy Armor/Magic Weapon build and didn't find any way to fit a Hydra in there - until I decided to drop my signature spell in favor of the Hydra (in combination with Arcane Orb: Tap the Source).

Invulnerable Minions packs take a little longer to kill than with Shock Pulse: Piercing Orb but overall the difference is pretty big (especially when farming Act I content where the Hydra can kills normal mobs while I run around looting corpses, barrels, ...).

Rune of Bolt Lightning, I'm so sorry, I have no Idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rolled a Barb and got stuck in Act 2. Rolled a DH and now I'm farming Act 3 with 5 stacks! I have like 40 hours played!

Deleted
    got through act 2 inferno on my wizard and then wiped a few times on belial.

'Lets see what all the fuss over force armour is about'

5 minutes later ... ' Heh, well that wasn't so hard'

Diamond skin + force armour combo is still pretty silly :P

WD - Spirit Walking - Started using it on Hell I think, I believed it to be a scouting spell. Then read a suggestion here and started using it.
    It's tooltip is poorly worded I believe. Though your body kept taking damage once you used it.

And while lvling my monk the passive and runes to decrease dmg made my way to nightmare diablo a breeze. Was struggling with Izual and his stupid close range charge that took 90% of my life.

Smokescreen and preparation on my demonhunter... dont know what i was thinking!

Spirit Barrage-Phantasm. Just started using it in Inferno via suggestion. Grasp+SB-Px5=AOE awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashe-Arathor View Post
    Yeah, until you hit inferno and don't have enough gold to get decent gear.
    If you can't afford good gear on a DH, you can definatly not afford it for a monk =P

Got to inferno Act 1 before I learned about the elective mode. (on a barb no less)

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    I resisted using Smoke Screen on my DH and didn't start using it until after the nerf. I can only imagine how OP it used to be, because it's still pretty OP...

I've tried all kinds of combinations on my Wizard and still don't have a good Kit that I am comfortable with, so I just keep changing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Earth Ally on my monk... My little mini-Kormac is so helpful
    I need to try this one. 'Mangle' hits pretty damn hard as well, I've discovered 50 levels later :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    I resisted using Smoke Screen on my DH and didn't start using it until after the nerf. I can only imagine how OP it used to be, because it's still pretty OP...

I've tried all kinds of combinations on my Wizard and still don't have a good Kit that I am comfortable with, so I just keep changing it.
    Try force armor, imbue weapon, diamond skin and hydra 1-4 and then magic missiles and arcane orb as left/right-mouse. works pretty good in inferno

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Try force armor, imbue weapon, diamond skin and hydra 1-4 and then magic missiles and arcane orb as left/right-mouse. works pretty good in inferno
    Yeah I've been using Diamond Skin (with duration) and Force Armor (with the 35% max hit). Recently I tried "full buff" with both Familiar (Sparkflint, 12% damage buff) and Enchant Weapon (not sure which rune to use though; 15% damage and Knockback I guess). Then I was using Electrocute with Lightning Blast (for the penetrative effect, and it fires very quickly) and flipping between Arcane Orb and Disintegrate. I don't really like the channeled spell, so I kept going back to Arcane Orb with Tap the Source.

I use Hydra on and off, but I kept forgetting to put it down... just not used to playing the Wizard enough.