Thread: RMAH - Prices

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enohpi View Post
    it could also be that, tonight is maintenance night in the EU, where as the US has theirs yesterday.
    Yeah, could be that. I just tried logging into the US region but it's telling me that there is a patch available, however fails to install it and crashes. So probably just some shenanigans going on with the patch releasing and being applied at different days between regions.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    IF, IF I chose to buy off the AH, for something pre-inferno, say nightmare or so, $2 for a weapon unless it's perfectly itemized. Then maybe $5. I might spring $10 - $15 for a legendary that is incredibly hard to get. I might even pay more for an end-game legendary that is as close to BiS as you can get. But never would I pay $250 for anything in a virtual world (especially as a hardcore-only player).
    I feel a lot like you but I'm pretty sure that there will be plenty of items going for a lot more than 10-15$. In mmos where items are being sold, people have been known to several hundreds of dollars. I think some have even gone over a thousand dollars on ebay or whatever. Don't think it's unreasonable to assume that people will pay similar prices in D3, particularly those who have good salaries and can afford to sink a hundred dollars on whatever they fancy.

Although, the prices currently, think it's just the first fluff. People are testing the waters and being the first to post their items, want to see if they get lucky with higher prices. I'm pretty sure they will quickly fall though, leaving only the best of the best items going for higher sums.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Yeah, could be that. I just tried logging into the US region but it's telling me that there is a patch available, however fails to install it and crashes. So probably just some shenanigans going on with the patch releasing and being applied at different days between regions.
    You can't play cross-region in until all regions have been patched to the same level. It's always worked that way and the login screen even says it.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

BRB Posting a bunch of stuff for $2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    You can't play cross-region in until all regions have been patched to the same level. It's always worked that way and the login screen even says it.
    That is what I was referring to yes, though doesn't say a word about it on my login screen. Just checked

That is what I was referring to yes, though doesn't say a word about it on my login screen. Just checked
    It says that on the NA region mesage and has for the past couple patches, weird that they wouldn't do the same in other regions.

Edit: In case you're curious

Deleted
    As cross-region you wouldn't be able to use the RMAH which may or may not mean that you wouldn't even see the interface and items, prices. Not sure.

Really? I am 99% sure I played on US with the modified agent file so I appear to have a US client to make it download the patch when you already had it and we (EU) didn't.

Yeah, I loaded up $100 for fun, but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend it at this point. The market needs to settle.

Deleted
    It says that on the NA region mesage and has for the past couple patches, weird that they wouldn't do the same in other regions.
    Aye, remember seeing it when I was playing on the US region. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    The $1 transaction fee only applies if the item sells. It costs nothing to put items up, it only costs you if the item sells.
    Hmm, well that explains why there is all this shit up there, then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    As cross-region you wouldn't be able to use the RMAH which may or may not mean that you wouldn't even see the interface and items, prices. Not sure.
    Good point, though I expected to at least be able to list stuff. Ohh well, my curiosity will be settled in a day or two.

There's very little activity on the RMAH right now for a few reasons:

-Blizzard has started limiting the number of accounts with access at any one time to the AH (to keep it from crashing).
    -There is a very long queue for adding money to your B.Net account for use on the RMAH.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

I've sold one hand weapon, 833 DPS 119 intelligence for 10USD.
    And 100 Int ring with 15% attack speed for 15USD.

Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    There's very little activity on the RMAH right now for a few reasons:

-Blizzard has started limiting the number of accounts with access at any one time to the AH (to keep it from crashing).
    -There is a very long queue for adding money to your B.Net account for use on the RMAH.
    And most people already had a lot of their stuff on the gold AH and they fixed the cancel exploit.

i done posted my first 9 items with prices from 1.25$-2.25$ blue & gold items will always be this price when i sell i intent to sell things low even if its like perfect gear any legendary items will go for 5.50$.
    so far there hasn't been any gold posted yet.
    people posting for like 100$+ are just hoping for that super rare change someone buys it RMAH should even out a bit after a few weeks.

i posted 9 cause the 10th item will always be for legendary's i got one on the gold AH im waiting to eather sell or get back so it can go to the RMAH.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-06-12 at 08:23 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Well as stated above, if we use the so far only exchange rate for gold/$ then 1 000 000g = $10 which would make $250 items worth 25 000 000 gold and that isn't even that much for some amazing pieces (perfectly itemized legendaries, 1700dps weapons etc).
    However, once gold is able to be sold on the RMAH, think about the massive amounts of stockpiled gold that will flood the market. Within a day, I wouldn't be surprised to see gold prices down to ~$1-2 per million.

Also, people keep comparing D3 prices to D2 prices. That's just silly. In D2, items sold for ridiculous amounts because fewer people were selling said items. Not everybody knew/cared about/trusted ways to sell items for real money outside of the game. In D3, it's easy as using the "secure" built-in AH. Expect D3 prices to level out with an overall average price significantly cheaper than that of D2.

Why would anyone NOT expect prices like this now? It's new, and no one really knows what the market definition of 'acceptable' is or will be, so of course prices are going to be high at first.

Don't be surprised when extremely good stuff sells for those sort of prices, even if most folks on MMO-C seem to think it's crazy.

/personally knows someone who spent $600 on a full set of shadow armor in Asheron's Call (back when it was the best in the game) via eBay.

Deleted
    And most people already had a lot of their stuff on the gold AH and they fixed the cancel exploit.
    A lot of people have been saving items for the RMAH though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arisfarreach View Post
    However, once gold is able to be sold on the RMAH, think about the massive amounts of stockpiled gold that will flood the market. Within a day, I wouldn't be surprised to see gold prices down to ~$1-2 per million.
    That's actually exactly what I'm banking on.

Deleted
    In case anyone else in EU who can't see the RMAH cares, I found this.

Posted by user probablydyslexic here on reddit.

Everything up right now are either 100% trolls, or legitimately good items that people have been hanging onto to purposefully sell today.

Here's a stormshield for $32 (compared to mine equipped which I got a lucky lucky drop on.) http://puu.sh/AtVS

Here's the highest dps 1handers, and prices: http://puu.sh/AtWC

Here's that $50 one at the top. http://puu.sh/AtWM
    Also it would seem that there actually are buyers, lower in the same topic there is a person who sold his 29% block Stormshield with otherwise almost perfect stats for $220. With screenshot evidence too.
    Last edited by mmoc6af618f320; 2012-06-12 at 08:22 PM.

everything is still unrealistically overpriced. I did find a nice pair of rings for $3 each that would be nice for my monk. Both had sockets, my chosen resist, and also a decent amount dex and vit. No attack speed but thats getting nerfed soon anyways. Too bad my authenticator isnt here yet or would have bought them. Have found lots of decent gear for $5 and under that could easily get a melee through Act II and III. Weapons are still over the top though.