Poll: What type of Diablo game would you play?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

15+ Year Old Account

What genre would you expand the Diablo universe into?

If they were going to take Diablo into a new direction like they did with the Warcraft series, what type of game would you want? With Warcraft they went from RTS to MMORPG.

Personally I'd like to see a "Dark Souls" style Diablo dark fantasy action RPG. But Act 3 of Diablo III definitely got me thinking that a Diablo RTS could work too.

Note: The Action RPG choice is for a more traditional console-style ARPG as opposed to Diablo's bird's eye view + mass clicking
    Last edited by Snes; 2012-06-12 at 11:08 PM.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

I'd prefer a KoA: Reckoning style action RPG. Diablo has the smooth controls for that type of play. The only thing you'd need to change at all would be the camera angle. I can see the game being playable with an xbox/ps3 controller easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Diablo-Mario kart, you can be any demon or angel, any class and even be deckard cain, they have special attacks too and some pimped out karts. Yes please!

10+ Year Old Account
    It is already classified as an ARPG, so I do not see why that is an option.

Plus, I would never want to see a franchise like Diablo change into an RTS. I would rather want a WarCraft 4, which would be a far better idea than changing Diablo into something it's not.

The only genre I could possibly consider is the MMORPG genre, but that would mean another WoW clone, pretty much, and most people can probably agree that one game like WoW is enough as it is.

A better question would be what features could be implemented into the game to improve the gameplay the game already has.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2012-06-12 at 10:48 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet View Post
    Diablo-Mario kart, you can be any demon or angel, any class and even be deckard cain, they have special attacks too and some pimped out karts. Yes please!
    The Butcher would have the slowest take-off speed but he can knock other players around much easier.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    In the context of my original post, I meant a console-style ARPG as opposed to one revolving around a bird's eye view and lots of clicking.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post

Plus, I would never want to see a franchise like Diablo change into an RTS. I would rather want a WarCraft 4, which would be a far better idea than changing Diablo into something it's not.

The only genre I could possibly consider is the MMORPG genre, but that would mean another WoW clone, pretty much, and most people can probably agree that one game like WoW is enough as it is.

A better question would be what features could be implemented into the game to improve the gameplay the game already has.
    Couldn't agree more.

Making Diablo an MMO would require changing so much of what makes Diablo Diablo. Item farming, because the best farm spots for magic and rare items will be flooded with people. Creating randomized dungeons I think would be a large scale feat (though i can't say for sure, my only mmo being wow). Kiting elites/rares/champion packs into other people would be an excellent form of griefing.

"Create an instanced/phased world!" Excellent idea! Now I'm playing by myself/with 3 other friends only. What's the difference now? Camera angle? No thanks...

Deleted
    Devil May Cry style console game Hack and Slash