Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    No, their playtime has value because they earn currency, that they can spend on more clothing or more condoms or more gasoline or...

Wrong. People are misinformed, everyone hears real money, OMG I can play videogames and buy a ferrari. Sorry kids. Pay more attention and maybe you'd realize you can only use the money you make on RMAH for Blizzard products available through battle.net. Like pets on pet store, WoW game time, etc.

---------- Post added 2012-06-14 at 12:37 AM ----------

Paypal is just a secure service that handles the transactions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    Is it hilariously small because you're comparing it to a price of a Porshe, or a new house, or even a new computer, or what? Compared to other PC games this price is NOT small.

Skyrim costs the same, it's offers much more playtime, and it's a game you own, you can play it anytime (offline!), you can't get BANNED from it, and so on.
    Guild Wars 2 costs 59.99 USD, and it's a full MMO-RPG, not a "always online single-player".
    Most other games cost less, especially games of same genre, Torchlight 2 costs 19.99 USD.
    really ? i played skyrim for about 2 hours, was all the same and lasted about 2% of the time diablo has so far lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by devonwc1985 View Post
    Wrong. People are misinformed, everyone hears real money, OMG I can play videogames and buy a ferrari. Sorry kids. Pay more attention and maybe you'd realize you can only use the money you make on RMAH for Blizzard products available through battle.net. Like pets on pet store, WoW game time, etc.

You can direct your proceeds to Paypal and receive them in cash*.

*minus the 15% cashout fee

Deleted
    btw RMAH is region locked, you wont have hordes of Chinese doing business on your AH.

---------- Post added 2012-06-14 at 07:39 AM ----------

Do you people realize the money you 'make' on RMAH can only be used for blizzard products and services? It's a balance on your battle.net account. You're not going to be able to pay your bills with it. You could pay for... your WoW sub maybe.
    wrong, it is either battle.net currency or you can transfer it out.

It's funny that you have such a harsh attitude to the people who are "wrong" when you're the one who is wrong...you can transfer money from your "battle.net balance" to paypal, who can then transfer it to your bank account, or send you a check, or you can even get a PayPal Debit card and use the money straight from there...

Ok I stand corrected, but regardless. They hit you up for nearly 30% of your sale AND it states there could be additional fees as well which almost certainly means there will be. So maybe you could make a few bucks doing this, but with all the hackers and scammers who will be trying to take advantage of this I'll be VERY suprised if it lasts. They will need an incredibly massive full time work force just to handle the fraud and disputes coming in.

Ok I stand corrected, but regardless. They hit you up for nearly 30% of your sale AND it states there could be additional fees as well which almost certainly means there will be. So maybe you could make a few bucks doing this, but with all the hackers and scammers who will be trying to take advantage of this I'll be VERY suprised if it lasts. They will need an incredibly massive full time work force just to handle the fraud and disputes coming in.
    ... Sorry to say this, you are WRONG again.

Errors:

1. it is not 30% it is only 15% extra to cash out to PayPal. (on a 20 dollar item that means 1 dollar deducted and 15% to cash out to PayPal).

2. If you are smart enough to have a LOCAL Paypal account for your country, there is NO extra fee to make a transfer from PayPal to your bank account, it is free...

Example: I use PayPal to sell stuff all the time on Ebay. Once the money arrives on PayPal I can transfer it freely to my bank account.

Of course if I would transfer the money first to a US PayPal account and then bank it to .... China (lol) I get ... extra fees taken by PayPal.

But another thing: normally Asians will not be able to play the RMAH. They are region locked out.

As for the hackers and scammers ... If you think you can outsmart Blizzard's SQL server transaction tables, go ahead be my guest.

With THIS central system in place Blizzard can and WILL back track EVERY transaction that took place before cashing out.

They take 3 to 5 working days before even approving the cash out.

Of course they do this in an automated scripting way or do you think a human will trace it manually LOL

---> MAssive use of locked accounts incoming

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    btw RMAH is region locked, you wont have hordes of Chinese doing business on your AH.

---------- Post added 2012-06-14 at 07:39 AM ----------

wrong, it is either battle.net currency or you can transfer it out.
    Because you know, proxy servers are hard

Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    It's easy to make money, just don't sell shit for ridiculous prices like so many people are doing now. Sell to move, people, sell to move.

I've already made enough to be treated to Subway and Prometheus + snacks (now) sometime in the next 72 hours.
    I don't quite understand this. According to all the official information I get from my launcher (German version), you can only add the money you make to your Blizzard Balance and you can only use your Blizzard Balance "in the future" to buy Blizzard products other than WoW game time.

It doesn't really mention Paypal or treating people to Subway and/or Prometheus - or maybe that's a Blizzard product now ?

I'm confused . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    I'm confused . . .
    https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5153555
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Ok, i think on the German version, the Paypal-option was added later, thanks for the link !

Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    because they don't know how to use proxy servers right.......

There will be Chinese farmers and gold sellers on US AH, don't fool yourself. They compromise US accounts, connect to them through a proxy so it looks like they are connecting from the US and then transfer the gold to their US accounts, which they connect to through proxy servers, and sell it on US RMAH. Don't fool yourself. Region locks do next to nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    because they don't know how to use proxy servers right.......

There will be Chinese farmers and gold sellers on US AH, don't fool yourself. They compromise US accounts, connect to them through a proxy so it looks like they are connecting from the US and then transfer the gold to their US accounts, which they connect to through proxy servers, and sell it on US RMAH. Don't fool yourself. Region locks do next to nothing.
    Except of course, it's pretty easy to see when a proxy is being used, so pretty easy to block access from said proxy.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is fascinating to watch this play out. Blizzard has found a way to make money off co-opting the RMT market and let their customers in on the action. It will be interesting to see what shape this takes for Titan.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

All the 'good' items have moved off the gold auction house and onto the RMAH. And with no listing fee for the RMAH, there's no incentive for people to price their products carefully...they'll just post and repost and repost in the hopes of eventualyl getting $10 or $20 or $250 for it.

There's also been an inflationary effect upon gold. Last week, you could buy a 1k dps single handed item for around 1.5-2m gold. They were blues, and poorly itemized, but pure DPS wise they were around 1k dps. Now these items are going for no less than 3m gold.

As far as I can tell, the RMAH provides a way for the botting community to reinforce their price points and a way for them to generate money in game cleanly.

If you follow the botting community, you know good botters are clearing around $200/day. Even if they're caught (and several botting programs are warden proof at the moment), they just buy another license and reset their IP via a VPN service and start again.

RMAH has nothing to do with stopping botting, or hacked accounts. Its blizzard's way of trying to get a cut of that activity, since they can't stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    Except of course, it's pretty easy to see when a proxy is being used, so pretty easy to block access from said proxy.
    Depends on how good of a proxy server you are using. The whole point of a proxy is to make it look like it's not happening from somewhere else and IS happening where the proxy is. There are different levels of proxy and some are harder to detect than others. If you are paying for a good one, or even setting up your own, it can be near impossible to detect. This is something they have been doing for years to get around region locks in games and they have a lot of money to throw at it and are good at it.

My buddy has just been posting his ledging act 3 good drops for $5-10. After 2 days he has over $275 accumulated
    Who's got two thumbs and is awesome? This guy!!!

Deleted
    Does anyone have any clue when this will launch in Europe tommorow? Will it be right after midnight? Or... I dunno. There are no restart announcements or anything like that.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    If that were true, then why are there still hundreds of gold spammers in both WoW and D3?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Does anyone have any clue when this will launch in Europe tommorow? Will it be right after midnight? Or... I dunno. There are no restart announcements or anything like that.
    You've most likely seen this by now, but...

Most likely the RMAH in Europe will be available when the servers come back online at 06:00 CEST (UTC+2). As I'm posting this, it's 01:15 CEST and the RMAH isn't available yet.