Paypal linked to Battle.net question/help

When i go to post an auction and select proceeds to go to Paypal, I get the "you have not set-up a Paypal account to receive funds from the real money auction house, Click OK to set up a Paypal now."

And clicking OK does nothing i linked my Paypal via the add payment option in my battle.net settings and restarted diablo but i still get this.

anyone know what i could do?

Quote Originally Posted by Barcasaur View Post
    When i go to post an auction and select proceeds to go to Paypal, I get the "you have not set-up a Paypal account to receive funds from the real money auction house, Click OK to set up a Paypal now."

And clicking OK does nothing i linked my Paypal via the add payment option in my battle.net settings and restarted diablo but i still get this.

I need this answered too. Help!

---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 08:32 PM ----------

I linked it through Battle.net and still can't figure it out :[.

I know the answer to this as I found out I am not eligable for RMAH cause stupid fucking blizzard.

Ill start it off with this...

Hi im blizzard, First we require you to buy a Authenticator to use RMAH.

Turns out you dont own a cellphone and cant sell things and transfer to your Paypal.

Welp this sucks.

Thanks blizzard, First you make us buy something, or download. Eitherway it profits you.

Then you take away some people minutes for each auction they do who dont own a cellphone plan with Unlimited.

Getting people to waste their money more...

Then for the people who dont own a cellphone as well cant even use something like Gmail phone to have a SMS sent to it cause you dont allow VOIP Numbers.

Thanks for screwing me out of the RMAH.

To put it simple, You need to goto your battle.net account management and Enable SMS Alerts with your cellphone or w/e

You cant have a Prepaid phone (some say ATT ones work)
    You cant use a VOIP phone such as Google Talk.

Congrats blizzard once again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ForceFedFlesh View Post
    I know the answer to this as I found out I am not eligable for RMAH cause stupid fucking blizzard.

Ill start it off with this...

Hi im blizzard, First we require you to buy a Authenticator to use RMAH.

Turns out you dont own a cellphone and cant sell things and transfer to your Paypal.

Welp this sucks.

Thanks blizzard, First you make us buy something, or download. Eitherway it profits you.

Then you take away some people minutes for each auction they do who dont own a cellphone plan with Unlimited.

Getting people to waste their money more...

Then for the people who dont own a cellphone as well cant even use something like Gmail phone to have a SMS sent to it cause you dont allow VOIP Numbers.

Thanks for screwing me out of the RMAH.

To put it simple, You need to goto your battle.net account management and Enable SMS Alerts with your cellphone or w/e

You cant have a Prepaid phone (some say ATT ones work)
    You cant use a VOIP phone such as Google Talk.

Congrats blizzard once again.
    I'd say yes, congrats to Blizzard. For being smart enough to ensure that RMAH is only used by those who are as secure as possible. No accounts with an authenticator have been compromised. It's one of the best tools to keep you safe.

How happy would you be if someone got a hold of your account and sold off all of your stuff for gold OR cash? If they had access to your account, they could switch funds to Battle.net and create dozens of game time cards they could use or sell. Send it to Paypal and if your password is the same...instant access to your money.

No, Blizzard is right here, and you're wrong.

Oh, and by the way: they sell the authenticator at cost. They make $0.00 from it. Really, they lose on it since they also ship it and that costs money.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    I need this answered too. Help!

---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 08:32 PM ----------

I linked it through Battle.net and still can't figure it out :[.
    You have to set up SMS alerts with your phone or you cannot use Paypal

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'd say yes, congrats to Blizzard. For being smart enough to ensure that RMAH is only used by those who are as secure as possible. No accounts with an authenticator have been compromised. It's one of the best tools to keep you safe.

How happy would you be if someone got a hold of your account and sold off all of your stuff for gold OR cash? If they had access to your account, they could switch funds to Battle.net and create dozens of game time cards they could use or sell. Send it to Paypal and if your password is the same...instant access to your money.

No, Blizzard is right here, and you're wrong.

Oh, and by the way: they sell the authenticator at cost. They make $0.00 from it. Really, they lose on it since they also ship it and that costs money.

You have to set up SMS alerts with your phone or you cannot use Paypal

I've had a mobile authenticator for a while, how do I set this up?

Hey smartass Darsithis...

You obviously cant read.

I HAVE A Authenticator I payed for.

They then also will allow you to use RMAH when you sign your account up with SMS as well to confirm EVERY single last auction.

I dont think you see the point here.

No need to insult people.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2012-06-13 at 04:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

You obviously cant read.

They then also will allow you to use RMAH when you sign your account up with SMS as well to confirm EVERY single last auction.

I did misread it. That aside, it's not acceptable here to insult anyone, moderator or not

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    requiring sms alerts is dumb
    Yeah I agree. I don't like it at all. What's worse is it doesn't tell you...I found out by accident.

You obviously cant read.

Insulting someone: bad
    Insulting mod: just as bad :P

I see no problem here...a bit more security is a good thing.

Also, I like how you insult him, because you said in your first post that you already have an authenticator...WHEN THERE IS NOTHING THAT SAYS YOU HAVE AN AUTHENTICATOR. Good stuff. Don't be rude, and you won't need to make multiple accounts out of fear or banning.

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 02:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Barcasaur View Post

But yeah, sadly, clicking OK didn't do anything for me, either. Either it's something they've overlooked, or it's because you can't log into your battle.net account right now. At least I can't, and I'm assuming others are having similar issues.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

The SMS alert thing is keeping me from using paypal for my sales. I already have a free cell phone that can get the alerts but apparently they only want people who paid for their over priced phones and overpriced service plans to be able to use paypal.

Oh well, I guess I'll use the money I make to pay my wow sub until the AP runs out.