Hello all, i'm going to step up and build a new rig (90% for gaming). I doubt i'll be picking up a lot of titles so i'll be focusing on playing Diablo 3 with the highest possible settings. Cost is not a huge issue, but i'd like to possibly cap around $1,500?
I found this youtube video in which some people from newegg assembled a rig specify for Diablo 3. They had a link for their parts.
I'm a complete noob when it comes to computers so i'll be seeking help from my brother to build the computer. What are your thoughts? Will this be plenty for Diablo 3 on highest settings? Would upping the GPU to the 680 have any effect?
Personally I'd use a different case because I really dislike the look of the HAF series cases. But really, that is up to you whether you like it or not.
I would change the power supply. I'd take a Corsair HX/AX 650 or a Seasonic M12II 620 Bronze.
The motherboard is also a thing to think about, I prefer Asus. Call it personal preference or bias, the actual differences are minor to non-existent. The Asrock Z77 Extreme4 is a fine piece of kit mind, and does look really good too.
Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650
1. I took everything from Newegg, as that seems like where you would want to shop from.
2. I changed your CPUHS to a Noctua D14 because it is one of the best air coolers out.
3. I changed your RAM to a set from Mushkin that is much lower voltage.
4. I changed your HDD choice to a Samsung F3 because its cheaper and just as if not more reliable.
5. I dropped your GPU to a GTX 670 because the 680 is overkill, and if you OC the 670, you can get 680 performance.
6. I changed your case to something a bit less $$$, but is quite enjoyable to work with. There are a couple more choices in and around the same price range that I think are quite nice. This of course is a preference point, and should be noted as such.
7. The prices above reflect price after shipping costs are tallied in.
Have fun with your build, and I hope this helped.
Originally Posted by Cyanotical
anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver