Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Butcher runs should not be hard with a 17k DPS WD. I was doing Butcher runs in crap MF gear and 12k DPS on my WD. Had to put on real gear for Butcher though, cuz trying to kill him with a 12k DPS Splinters build was too touch and go. Some packs still made me run around a lot, but it wasn't that bad.

To be blunt, maybe you just aren't very good, Inferno was never meant for people who aren't very good. Act 1 inferno really isnt hard, after going to act 2 + it makes act 1 feel like you're in normal mode again. You can get gear from Hell Act 3+ that is good enough for act 2 inferno aside from weapons and shields. If you're having this much trouble with act 1 then you may aswell quit because you have no idea how impossible act 2 is going to be for you.

Stopping people from farming 1 boss over and over probably was not necessary though, it is classic Diablo playstyle, but I guess they want to force people to play the game the way they want + this solution makes it much easier on their servers, which is cheaper and that is the real reason they are doing it.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-06-13 at 03:31 AM.

Deleted
    Having done about a million 30 second Pindle runs - create game, run from spawn point to portal, run to Pindle, kill Pindle, loot, exit game, repeat - as well as Meph and other runs, I can wholeheartedly say that running through zones looking for elites to kill, and topping it all off with a bigger boss is just a whole bunch more enjoyable and a much more intelligent way of doing things, than creating ten thousand games a day.

" We've recently added a limit to the number of games a player can create within a certain amount of time. Players who hit this limit will see the error: "Input limit reached. Please wait to perform more actions." After receiving this error, you will need to wait approximately 10 to 15 minutes before creating any additional games.

This change was made to help reduce server strain and improve overall game stability, and we'll continue to monitor the situation and make additional improvements as necessary. We're currently working to find a solution that allows most players who are playing normally to create games without encountering this error, but will still limit some of the more extreme cases of rapid game creation. We appreciate your patience as we make these adjustments.

Thank you "

I can't quite get to Buther yet, so instead of finding some cheesy way of doing things I farm Skele King. Takes ~30 mins, I get about 50k guaranteed and then anything that sells on the AH is bonus. If I was unable to do this then I would farm Hell Diablo. With 5 stacks of NV of course. If you are still unable to do that, maybe look at your skill setup. Really, it only cost me a mil to get a set decent enough to farm Inferno, you can get good deals if you look hard enough.
    Last edited by Lathais; 2012-06-13 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I can't quite get to Buther yet, so instead of finding some cheesy way of doing things I farm Skele King. Takes ~30 mins, I get about 50k guaranteed and then anything that sells on the AH is bonus. If I was unable to do this then I would farm Hell Diablo. With 5 stacks of NV of course. If you are still unable to do that, maybe look at your skill setup. Really, it only cost me a mil to get a set decent enough to farm Inferno, you can get good deals if you look hard enough.
    This change has killed my ability to farm for the mysterious cave, and even worse, the mysterious chest (rarely located) inside the rarely spawning dungeon.

I can't wait till i have to farm for the other... 3 pieces of the staff once I've sat through enough 10-15 minute Input limit reached time outs.

I'm seriously disgusted at this point.

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 04:39 AM ----------

Not to mention achievement rares and events. Good lord, Torchlight 2 anyone?
    amg no sig?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    So you are doing exactly what they are trying to stop people from doing and wondering why they are trying to stop you?

Would that be correct?
    They're trying to stop people from doing something people did IN EVERY OTHER DIABLO BEFORE THIS ONE. They're intentionally trying to change the game. And no, it is not good, and no, people do not like it.

Just like them capping the amount of instances per hour you're allowed to run in WoW; fucking ridiculous. Thanks blizz.

---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 09:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nigaogaki View Post
    " We've recently added a limit to the number of games a player can create within a certain amount of time. Players who hit this limit will see the error: "Input limit reached. Please wait to perform more actions." After receiving this error, you will need to wait approximately 10 to 15 minutes before creating any additional games.

This change was made to help reduce server strain and improve overall game stability, and we'll continue to monitor the situation and make additional improvements as necessary. We're currently working to find a solution that allows most players who are playing normally to create games without encountering this error, but will still limit some of the more extreme cases of rapid game creation. We appreciate your patience as we make these adjustments.

Thank you "
    Yeah, exactly the sort of excuse you'd expect from a company new to online games. Oh, wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

If this is actually intended to stop people farming items, then i think its the last straw for me.

I was hoping they would leave the game open to play our own way. But instead it looks like they will do everything in their power to force you into the RMAH.

Oh well, at least i can sell all my gear and hopefully recoup the cost of the game (assuming i paid for it in the first place).

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    If this is actually intended to stop people farming items, then i think its the last straw for me.

I was hoping they would leave the game open to play our own way. But instead it looks like they will do everything in their power to force you into the RMAH.

Oh well, at least i can sell all my gear and hopefully recoup the cost of the game (assuming i paid for it in the first place).
    Preventing farming like this =/= forcing you to use the RMAH. Have people ever heard of jumping to conclusions? Gold AH still exists. Farming with Nephalem Valor still exists, they just don't want people to make 400 games a day. I really don't understand what people have against actually taking the time to stack NV. If you are going to be farming for 30 minutes anyway... just go stack it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Preventing farming like this =/= forcing you to use the RMAH. Have people ever heard of jumping to conclusions? Gold AH still exists. Farming with Nephalem Valor still exists, they just don't want people to make 400 games a day. I really don't understand what people have against actually taking the time to stack NV. If you are going to be farming for 30 minutes anyway... just go stack it.
    You just mentioned one of the the reasons. Time.

Maybe some people dont want to play that way?

Quote Originally Posted by maky13 View Post
    Farm easier spots until you have the gear to farm butcher. And so on.

Cmon, farming a spot where nearly all trash is skipped and there is a guaranteed pack isn`t how the game is meant to be played. If it is efficient to do so, then they should fix it, which they are.
    I dunno where you were during the Diablo 2 days...

Yeah...sorry, but the limit goes, or many customers instead will go.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    Maybe some people dont want to play that way?
    You don't want to play by using the gold AH, so it is Blizzards fault you use the RMAH?

And if you don't want to play that way, IDK what to say. I don't know why you would rather mind-numbingly farm a single pack for hours. Sounds like its past the point of being a game.

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 12:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    NV doesn't take long to stack at all, in Act 1 Inferno, which is what is being discussed.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Tia View Post
    I dunno where you were during the Diablo 2 days...

Yeah...sorry, but the limit goes, or many customers instead will go.
    D2 days = irrelevant to discussion. They have stated multiple times what the design intent is: people playing the game, not around the game. Hence the NV buff and the incentive (bonus loot) to kill bosses with 5 stacks.

If you want to cheese the game and camp the same spawn over and over again, that is your choice, but don`t try to pretend that is the intended way to gear up.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    There are areas in the game which can be farmed (in the intended way) in less than 30 mins, getting full 5-stacks and killing a boss at the end too. Of course they relate to gear, but I don`t think that getting geared up for some quick hell Azmodan runs costs more than 100k with current AH prices.

The only valid complain is about ponystaff items and achievement rares. Yeah, that`s going to be a problem, but I don`t think the limit will stay forever. Once people will stop camping goblins/packs/chests, the problem will go away.

And if you don't want to play that way, IDK what to say. I don't know why you would rather mind-numbingly farm a single pack for hours. Sounds like its past the point of being a game.
    As person above wrote - that's how previous Diablo was played.

People were farming same Pindleskin, same Baal (simply because after specific level only he and cows (? can't remember now)) were giving some competitive exp. People were farming Coldcrow for some drop which had highest probability to drop from her. People were resetting Stony Fields/Arcane Sanctuary/whatever place where they had best chances for specific set pieces drops.

Same in D3. You could run same Weeping Hollow and find 3 elite packs + 1 violet mob, or you could find zero. Efficiency dictates that doing farm of spots where elites are less or more reliable to spawn is more effective. Chiltara camp. You really think people want to farm 5 stacks of Nephalem Buff each time they check for Chiltara (and first of all - for Caverns of Frost spawn), while it has zero relevance to the very purpose of resetting for her?
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-06-13 at 06:00 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    OK so I have an elite I farm on my WD because its easy, takes a minute, and its about all he can do to get gear and some affixes still take me 3-4 deaths to kill. I kill him, loot, then log out to reset. Before today I could do this for hours on end and got some decent loot even though its only Act I. It was boring as hell but it was helping me get geraed to move on. If this crap stays I will probably quit because the farming nerfs are getting ridiculous. I wasnt exploiting anything and there was still risk involved as sometimes I went from full repair to yellow depending on the affix. I cant run my WD through Butcher because even with 35k health and 17k attack I still get destroyed no matter what builds I try on most of the rares in there and even whites if they gang up on me.
    Let me guess: Cemetery of the Forsaken?

I am happy I finished my development hell achievement before this change.

I usually ran the entire act 1 for cash and drops before I moved on to act 2. More entertaining as a whole and you could easily make around 500k-1M money depending on your luck. I noticed that even with the deaths because I was wearing items as low as from level 39 I made profit. Still farming act 1 with ferrets out if I want to chill. Give it a try, after a while you will notice 17k is not the cap, the butcher is not hard at all on Inferno more the opposite and farming the same tiny spots on a huge map is utterly boring.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

...and once again Blizzard make me think of Big Bang Theory, when Sheldon got some new friends and they wanted to drink beer and sing karaoke, instead of spending the evening playing Zork.

"I had to leave. They were having fun wrong".

Blizzard has turned into a cross between an autistic child and a politician. They want to decide how you play the game you bought, and they are prepared to use any methods to force you to do it their way.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    OK so I have an elite I farm on my WD because its easy, takes a minute, and its about all he can do to get gear and some affixes still take me 3-4 deaths to kill. I kill him, loot, then log out to reset. Before today I could do this for hours on end and got some decent loot even though its only Act I. It was boring as hell but it was helping me get geraed to move on. If this crap stays I will probably quit because the farming nerfs are getting ridiculous. I wasnt exploiting anything and there was still risk involved as sometimes I went from full repair to yellow depending on the affix. I cant run my WD through Butcher because even with 35k health and 17k attack I still get destroyed no matter what builds I try on most of the rares in there and even whites if they gang up on me.

Surely with those stats you can farm Skeleton King with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valour?

There is no reason whatsoever to be above 11k hp on a wizzard, less would be better.

35k health and 17k attack
    No wonder you are stuck in act1, throw out your vita gear and start playing the real game.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    in your first post you just say how much hp and attack you have which i assume you mean dps with? I hope you do have some resistance gear? Just wondering else it would be easy to explain why you can't handle anymore then just that one farmspot