Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Capping Justice (pre-xpac)

    The transition from WotLK promoted capping Justice for the push to 85 so when you level capped you had 4,000 currency to get some blue gear right away. Is a similar situation in place for Pandaria? Is there any advantage/point to ensuring you're capped on Justice before leveling? Thanks to all that respond, do not have beta access and didn't turn anything up on a search.

  2. #2
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,984
    They will likely convert it to gold as they have before.

  3. #3
    The gold conversion (before) was only if you were over 4,000 Justice. So are Justice points not used in MoP? Only Valor?

  4. #4
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,823
    There's no point to capping before leveling, since you can't buy level 90 gear until 90. You'd want to have enough that you'd cap from what you'd get from leveling, since otherwise all of what you would've gotten from leveling would be wasted. Although you could certainly cap first if that doesn't bother you.

  5. #5
    OP, you have actually given false information and I'm wondering if you actually played back in WotLK considering your join date for MMO-Champion.

    Points were not around in WotLK, it was an Emblem system. At the end of the expansion, any leftover Emblems were converted into GOLD, not points. Therefor you could not collect Justice Points until after the expansion hit. Now, sure? If you're a low level you can convert Honor Points into justice to cap Justice before hitting 85, and then spend it all on gear immediately upon hitting the max. However, going into MoP, the only reason a person would want to collect Justice or Valor is for gold once everything gets reset on launch day.

    Again, I can't stress enough how easy it is to tell you weren't around during the transition from LK to Cata.
    Last edited by Migari; 2012-06-13 at 08:18 PM.

  6. #6
    Dreadlord Rainec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    Posts
    814
    even if you did cap, it would probably just be changed into a fair amount of gold or a (scaled) small amount of the new JP.

    I can't quite remember if the vendor items in wrath required a large or small amount of emblems, but i do remember my surprise when i checked them soon after Cata began and looked upon the costs changed to either a large or small amount of JP.

    long story short, your gonna get some gold you could've probably farmed yourself with a few extra days of dailies or your 4000 VP will turn to 0.5 MoP marks, enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Rainec

  7. #7
    In WotLK, yes, we did have an emblem system. But when patch 4.0 hit and all emblems converted to JP, people mass farmed heroics to cap their points. Initially, Blizzard was going to reset our JP to 0 when Cata came out to put everyone on an even playing field, but the outcry from the players stopped them. So once players hit 85, those that capped their JP at 80 had enough to buy an item or two of the 346 blues. I remember I had enough points when I hit 85 on my shaman from farming heroics at level 80 to buy the spellpower shield. I didn't lose any of my JP when Cata came out, but I also never capped my JP.

    Blizzard will likely make an announcement concerning JP and VP roughly around the time 5.0 gets released. At that point, they'll likely convert our VP to JP, then either tell us:
    1.) we have until a certain date to buy items from the JP vendor before they convert both points to gold and reset everyone to 0
    2.) our points won't be reset so we can cap our JP now and buy an easy JP item once we hit 90

  8. #8
    I truly hope we get a conversion... I'm stilling on 12k VP right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    OP, you have actually given false information and I'm wondering if you actually played back in WotLK considering your join date for MMO-Champion.

    Points were not around in WotLK, it was an Emblem system. At the end of the expansion, any leftover Emblems were converted into GOLD, not points. Therefor you could not collect Justice Points until after the expansion hit. Now, sure? If you're a low level you can convert Honor Points into justice to cap Justice before hitting 85, and then spend it all on gear immediately upon hitting the max. However, going into MoP, the only reason a person would want to collect Justice or Valor is for gold once everything gets reset on launch day.

    Again, I can't stress enough how easy it is to tell you weren't around during the transition from LK to Cata.
    1st off, don't attack someone because of their start date, especially since you didn't start that much earlier.
    2nd, you are wrong. The emblems were converted to points, not gold. They didn't start converting the points over the 4k mark to gold until patch 4.0.3a which was the release patch for Cataclysm.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    There's no point to capping before leveling, since you can't buy level 90 gear until 90. You'd want to have enough that you'd cap from what you'd get from leveling, since otherwise all of what you would've gotten from leveling would be wasted. Although you could certainly cap first if that doesn't bother you.
    ...since when do we get justice points from leveling? Random normal LFD?

    I can't speak for everybody else, but I'm spending my time leveling in the zone... I'm probably only going to do dungeons if I'm led to it, with the guild, or just wait until 90.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  11. #11
    After badges were converted to JP, Wrath heroics gave a pitiful amount of JP compared to Cataclysm ones. I can't remember if they converted the JP to gold on day 1 (thought they did), because honestly it was just so irrelevant. Your entire JP cap wouldn't even convert to one JP item which you could get in like 1-2 MoP heroics, never mind the gear you would get from doing those dungeons.

    Just keep selling your JP man, the gold from AHing ench mats etc is the only thing that's going to depreciate when MoP launches.

    ---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 05:36 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...since when do we get justice points from leveling? Random normal LFD?
    Supposedly we'll get some JP from dailies or other solo content in MoP as well.

  12. #12
    Servasus,

    Hold up. So because my join date shows at September 2011 and I've got less than 20 posts that suddenly is a measure of validation? Truth be told, it took so long for me to join and start posting because of people like you.

    So in your first statement you question my credibility. Then you proceed to follow it up with false information of your own. So apparently I'll need to be more thorough.

    1st Point:

    You're right, we got Emblems. It was Emblems of Triumph and you got from the 5-mans, normal ICC and pre-ICC raid content. I got Emblems of Frost from my ICC raids but I contributed them to buying Primordial Saronite to help my buddy get his Shadowmourne. Each Primordial Saronite was easily over 2,500/g each on our server (Silver Hand) and I was in mostly ilvl 264 gear anyway with no availability to run H-ICC (25) to get the 277 stuff.

    By this point, there were what… like 4 tiers of emblems? Heck there were like 5 vendors to pick from in Dalaran for each of the tiers. Blizzard converted the emblems into two tiers of "currency" labeling them Justice & Valor. The thing is, you couldn't even earn Valor Points in WotLK. The higher tier (Frost) were converted into Valor at something like ~12 points per emblem.

    When the conversion occurred you could have more than 4,000 points but then you couldn't earn anymore. Anything over 4,000 got converted to gold with 4.0.3. Probably the worst about the transition from Emblems to points is it made buying heirlooms (post conversion) insanely expensive as they introduced with the ratio of points you'd earn at 85 not 80. I remember wishing I had farmed a weapon before hand because it took like 40 runs to earn one after the conversion.

    2nd Point:

    I was running heroics pre-Cata as often as I could because of the new Gilneas tabard that got introduced. Or you can look me up, namely you can look at my Rivendare kills. How many are there, you ask? 98. Exactly how would I kill a boss almost 100 times when said boss was removed in… wait for it… Patch 4.0.3? Must be some weird technical glitch or something, because I wasn't around during the transition from WotLK to Cata.

    3rd Point:

    I'm posting some fun screen shots I just made with these 2008 dates on them. Wait 2008... that's when WotLK came out. By the way, I'm having a hard time finding your Feat of Strength for logging into during Wow's 4th anniversary. On vacation or something?





    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nd/Qwik/simple
    Last edited by Softreset; 2012-06-13 at 08:07 AM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    OP, you have actually given false information and I'm wondering if you actually played back in WotLK considering your join date for MMO-Champion.

    Points were not around in WotLK, it was an Emblem system. At the end of the expansion, any leftover Emblems were converted into GOLD, not points. Therefor you could not collect Justice Points until after the expansion hit. Now, sure? If you're a low level you can convert Honor Points into justice to cap Justice before hitting 85, and then spend it all on gear immediately upon hitting the max. However, going into MoP, the only reason a person would want to collect Justice or Valor is for gold once everything gets reset on launch day.

    Again, I can't stress enough how easy it is to tell you weren't around during the transition from LK to Cata.
    Emblems got changed into points in the pre-expansion(4.0) patch, so yes, you were able to cap JP before Cata.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Points were not around in WotLK, it was an Emblem system. At the end of the expansion, any leftover Emblems were converted into GOLD, not points. Therefor you could not collect Justice Points until after the expansion hit. Now, sure? If you're a low level you can convert Honor Points into justice to cap Justice before hitting 85, and then spend it all on gear immediately upon hitting the max. However, going into MoP, the only reason a person would want to collect Justice or Valor is for gold once everything gets reset on launch day.
    BS! Only TBC emblems were converted directly to gold. WOTLK Emblems were converted to points. Way over 4k. When patch hit I had around 11k JP. JP to gold conversion (over 4k) happens one patch later.

    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Again, I can't stress enough how easy it is to tell you weren't around during the transition from LK to Cata.
    Do you speak about yourself?
    Last edited by Serissa; 2012-06-13 at 04:26 PM. Reason: typo
    Why you think the Net was born? Porn! Porn! Porn!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    OP, you have actually given false information and I'm wondering if you actually played back in WotLK considering your join date for MMO-Champion.

    Points were not around in WotLK, it was an Emblem system. At the end of the expansion, any leftover Emblems were converted into GOLD, not points. Therefor you could not collect Justice Points until after the expansion hit. Now, sure? If you're a low level you can convert Honor Points into justice to cap Justice before hitting 85, and then spend it all on gear immediately upon hitting the max. However, going into MoP, the only reason a person would want to collect Justice or Valor is for gold once everything gets reset on launch day.

    Again, I can't stress enough how easy it is to tell you weren't around during the transition from LK to Cata.
    Not sure if full retard or amazing troll

    Mod Note: Infracted. Please don't insult other users.
    Last edited by Rivin; 2012-06-13 at 03:35 PM.

  16. #16
    I appreciate all the other community members who are on the same page. I recall getting my 346 legs and I either shoulders/gloves as soon as I hit 85 because I had 4000 JP ready to go. I was just curious if a similar format was going to be in place for MoP. Having those two quality pieces of gear really helped as I could priority my gearing.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Softreset View Post
    Servasus,

    Hold up. So because my join date shows at September 2011 and I've got less than 20 posts that suddenly is a measure of validation? Truth be told, it took so long for me to join and start posting because of people like you.

    So in your first statement you question my credibility. Then you proceed to follow it up with false information of your own. So apparently I'll need to be more thorough.

    1st Point:

    You're right, we got Emblems. It was Emblems of Triumph and you got from the 5-mans, normal ICC and pre-ICC raid content. I got Emblems of Frost from my ICC raids but I contributed them to buying Primordial Saronite to help my buddy get his Shadowmourne. Each Primordial Saronite was easily over 2,500/g each on our server (Silver Hand) and I was in mostly ilvl 264 gear anyway with no availability to run H-ICC (25) to get the 277 stuff.

    By this point, there were what… like 4 tiers of emblems? Heck there were like 5 vendors to pick from in Dalaran for each of the tiers. Blizzard converted the emblems into two tiers of "currency" labeling them Justice & Valor. The thing is, you couldn't even earn Valor Points in WotLK. The higher tier (Frost) were converted into Valor at something like ~12 points per emblem.

    When the conversion occurred you could have more than 4,000 points but then you couldn't earn anymore. Anything over 4,000 got converted to gold with 4.0.3. Probably the worst about the transition from Emblems to points is it made buying heirlooms (post conversion) insanely expensive as they introduced with the ratio of points you'd earn at 85 not 80. I remember wishing I had farmed a weapon before hand because it took like 40 runs to earn one after the conversion.

    2nd Point:

    I was running heroics pre-Cata as often as I could because of the new Gilneas tabard that got introduced. Or you can look me up, namely you can look at my Rivendare kills. How many are there, you ask? 98. Exactly how would I kill a boss almost 100 times when said boss was removed in… wait for it… Patch 4.0.3? Must be some weird technical glitch or something, because I wasn't around during the transition from WotLK to Cata.

    3rd Point:

    I'm posting some fun screen shots I just made with these 2008 dates on them. Wait 2008... that's when WotLK came out. By the way, I'm having a hard time finding your Feat of Strength for logging into during Wow's 4th anniversary. On vacation or something?





    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nd/Qwik/simple
    we have a winner!

    to answer your question, odds are there will be a gold transfer, as the player outcry was really the only reason blizzard didnt reset points before cata hit.
    plus if you do most of the quests that award jp in mop, im pretty sure you can get cap tht way.

  18. #18
    Cluk with only 36 posts and a signup date a month after Servasus it's highly possible that anything you've just said is completely invalidity due to... I have no freaking clue.

  19. #19
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    588
    Oooh the i've been playing longer than you game. Should I get my screenie of my payments to blizzard that started august 2005?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    Oooh the i've been playing longer than you game. Should I get my screenie of my payments to blizzard that started august 2005?
    Dude i started Deceomber 04.... bow down and start gobbling, peasant....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •