Siege of the Shrines

Pvp being pretty much a big theme for MoP and considering the proximity of the two shrines, the fact that pretty much everything can be find in the two shrines + daily quests which in turn suggests that shrines will be full with horde/alliance players...do any of you think that it is entirely possible that this may encourage a siege of the shrines by opposite faction? And if that's the case are we looking at an full scale battle even greater than a simple ' kill faction leader' stuff ??? ....
    Last edited by doda1988; 2012-06-06 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doda1988 View Post
    Pvp being pretty much a big theme for MoP and considering the proximity of the two shrines, the fact that pretty much everything can be find in the two shrines + daily quests which in turn suggests that shrines will be full with horde/alliance players...do any of you think that it is entirely possible that this may encourage a siege of the shrines by opposite fraction? And if that's the case are we looking at an full scale battle even greater than a simple ' kill fraction leader' stuff ???
    Who knows all that has stopped world pvp from working are the players, if this works depends entirely on the playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pvp being pretty much a big theme for MoP and considering the proximity of the two shrines, the fact that pretty much everything can be find in the two shrines + daily quests which in turn suggests that shrines will be full with horde/alliance players...do any of you think that it is entirely possible that this may encourage a siege of the shrines by opposite fraction? And if that's the case are we looking at an full scale battle even greater than a simple ' kill fraction leader' stuff ???
    Yes indeed, 2/5 is about to attack us.

On a serious note, I hope so, I love world PvP and this has potential to it.

Deleted
    Most ppl will not move if there isnt any rewards, everybody did the kill of the 5 factions leader at the start of this achievement, and nobody do it anymore (on my realm)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by winkies View Post
    Most ppl will not move if there isnt any rewards, everybody did the kill of the 5 factions leader at the start of this achievement, and nobody do it anymore (on my realm)
    On my realm it's pretty much a tradition to hold Friday/Saturday Night drunken FTA raids. Or anytime The Horde comes and tries to get the King, there's usually immediately someone setting up a raid to go to Orgrimmar. Or when some rogue keeps killing civilian NPC's and they can't find him, they scoure the city to look for him and then when they finally do, most of the people involved get in a group together and go do FTA. Horde pretty much only has to look at us funny and someone sets up a raid on them.

I'm on a PvE realm if that helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    On my realm it's pretty much a tradition to hold Friday/Saturday Night drunken FTA raids. Or anytime The Horde comes and tries to get the King, there's usually immediately someone setting up a raid to go to Orgrimmar. Or when some rogue keeps killing civilian NPC's and they can't find him, they scoure the city to look for him and then when they finally do, most of the people involved get in a group together and go do FTA. Horde pretty much only has to look at us funny and someone sets up a raid on them.

I'm on a PvE realm if that helps.
    Thats cool! I haven't see any raid to kill the ennemies leader since a long time! (maybe because im on a french realm... stupid)

10+ Year Old Account
    just fyi.. there isnt really any dailies in the shrines.. most of the dailies are out in the world.. soo i dont think the shrines will be like dal was and have literally hundreds of people standing around with thumbs in their bums.. there isnt a trade chat channel.. sooo there will still be a need to go back to Org/SW. albeit a small one. so far.. there isnt even a portal to or from the shrines.. sooo unless you are 90 there isnt much of a reason to be in the shrines.. it wont be as heavily populated as we remember Dal/Shat being.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2012-06-13 at 11:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

What's the point to AFK in the neutral zone on PvP realm? I'd prefer to AFK in capital city when no one can kill me while i'm not even playing my character.
    And it it's just me, or there is no fun in raping PvE geared noobs or AFKers on dailies? Well, i'm not that nerd who plays only to waste others time. I prefer to fight with players who want to fight.
    As for FTA/FTH achievements, there will be always raids for them, because new players need their achievements.
    "Paragon of the Light, lead our armies against the coming darkness."
    Эн / Калифпорния

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    just fyi.. there isnt really any dailies in the shrines.. most of the dailies are out in the world.. soo i dont think the shrines will be like dal was and have literally hundreds of people standing around with thumbs in their bums.. there isnt a trade chat channel.. sooo there will still be a need to go back to Org/SW. albeit a small one. so far.. there isnt even a portal to or from the shrines.. sooo unless you are 90 there isnt much of a reason to be in the shrines.. it wont be as heavily populated as we remember Dal/Shat being.
    There's about 100 dailies in that zone alone (20ish a day), they just aren't implemented yet.

I miss you south shore tarren mill.

Pvp being pretty much a big theme for MoP ....
    And faceplants right out of the gate.

So far I'm not seeing how PVP is "pretty much a big theme for MoP". All I've seen are guards getting nerfed on PVP realms and a shooty-thingy that knocks people out of the sky.

Right now it looks like the emphasis is on saving the Pandaren from the Mogu/mantid/sha, and they're HOPING that there will be more world-PVP with the shear number of daily quests.

for most players, pvp is an inconvenience the intrudes upon their gameplay experience while they are trying to get something else done - even on pvp servers. if you're trying to farm up herbs or run your laundry list of dailies and you end up locked in a life-or-death struggle with someone for an extended period of time over some arbitrary object, you get mad, because they are essentially wasting your time ('DAMMIT I'VE GOT IMPORTANT REP TO GRIND RRRRGHGHG').

very few people seem to see pvp as a lovely diversion or enjoy the risks associated with world pvp, since the rewards are really limited to the knowledge that you've made another player rather angry or impeded them from doing what they wish, or stole a resource node from them, or scared them off of a good farming spot, or otherwise adversely affected their gaming experience for your own pleasure.

i would, as an aside, submit that the outright faction hatred that used to be present in this game no longer exists, because warcraft has been peacecraft with some super enemy that required cooperation to defeat since the first expansion. pvp doesn't work very well unless there's a real desire to do it, even outside of any reward. in this game, the factions need to dislike each other so much that killing one another is it's own reward, or pvp doesn't work. there are no systems in place to advantage one side over another by winning, unlike in other games - though hopefully in 5.1 the karasang wilds will have something like this. combined with the ability to combine zones from different servers together to increase zone population, we could see some actual world pvp happening in this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    What would of been even better is if Mogu'shan Palace was a raid instance instead of a dungeon. The proximity to the two major faction hubs and a raid would ignite some world PvP on PvP servers.

Deleted
    If they do, I hope they apply the new cross realm tech to the zone the shrines are in, else it'll simply be alliance steam rolling horde till the next expansion comes out on my server, pretty much what we've had throughout all of cata, it's making people faction transfer all the time, which just makes the situation even worse for those who stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nibor View Post
    If they do, I hope they apply the new cross realm tech to the zone the shrines are in, else it'll simply be alliance steam rolling horde till the next expansion comes out on my server, pretty much what we've had throughout all of cata, it's making people faction transfer all the time, which just makes the situation even worse for those who stay.
    Perfect chance to use the feature, on PvP servers that would be some war for the rest of the expansion (meaning the space between the shrines are the battlefield)

Deleted
    Sounds good, the only really big world pvp battle I have been in is when the Horde were attacking our faction leaders in SW and IF, so we joined the defence raid and battled hard. It was really fun, hope i get to do it again.

Deleted
    On meqquatorque horde went in and killed every one in the alliance shrine, kinda laughed at it but like 2 guards, seriuosly?