Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EFG View Post
    If I am drowning, I must be Azshara.

Off to my local pool.
    HAHA. NO I'LL BEAT YOU TO IT I WANT TO BE AZSHARA!!

Inb4: Shez liek a totally pr0 mage and has bin using magikz to desguise hirself.
    AND
    I have http://www.wowhead.com/item=64643/qu...-dressing-gown I MUST BE AZSHARA

OT: I can't see it happening
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-06-13 at 05:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Clumsy? As in using it without thinking.
    No the guy above me (Joodoc) actually said it best. I just didn't feel like editing my post because I agree with him.

You do know that since humans live such a short life span they actually master things more quickly and have more power in them? Guess who taught them magic? The immortal Blood Elves, and they themselves said that in the time it took them to learn beginning magic their human apprentices were becoming an Archmage.
    no humans are kind of like renaissance men, theyre good at everything but there not the best at anything, the high elves at that time werent immortal either they were already on there 2nd generation when they asked the humans for help. humans are good at picking up magic and with alot of training can be very powerful at it but the average human cant hold a candle to any high elf or blood elf let alone a draenei whos 50 thousand years old or a naga who lived at the well of eternity, which by the way its magics are still in the waters where azsharas underwater palace is meaning they are still taking in its power although at a slower and diluted pace. jaina is the exception. most humans have to study there entire lives to even be on equal footing with the longer lived races
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    No the guy above me (Joodoc) actually said it best. I just didn't feel like editing my post because I agree with him.
    Reread my last post, it pretty much explains everything about the human mage lore and just how powerful they can be. potential and raw power (what we are discussing) not to mention that was thousands of years ago.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    Reread my last post, it pretty much explains everything about the human mage lore and just how powerful they can be. potential and raw power (what we are discussing) not to mention that was thousands of years ago.
    I believe I asked for a source after you posted that already. Do you have one? One that explicitly states that humans are stronger than elves with half the work/time?

You won't find one, I'm afraid. Immitis has explained why.

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    I believe I asked for a source after you posted that already. Do you have one?
    Its from WoWpedia but the original story I think is on the main WoW website or it was. I will look for it.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    azshara is a naga, jaina is a human. i see no tail on jaina
    Yeah no tail. I miss the tramp stamp though :P

i havent ever read anywhere that said that the human mages surpassed there elven teachers. everywhere ive ever read it said that the humans had an easy time picking up arcane magics but it never said anything about them being stronger or even equal. show me somewhere like wowpedia where it says human mages are the strongest because nowhere have i ever seen that stated ingame or on wowpedia in fact its typically the opposite
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

You do know that since humans live such a short life span they actually master things more quickly and have more power in them? Guess who taught them magic? The immortal Blood Elves, and they themselves said that in the time it took them to learn beginning magic their human apprentices were becoming an Archmage.
    It isn't an exact science like that though. It is kinda like this, they master things 50 times faster, but elves live infinite times longer, and as such have an infinite amoutn more power. However given the mortallity, you are looking at elven mages being like 100-200 times older. So while an average human mage, say 30 years of training, would be at say 1500 power, your average elven mage, say 3000 years of training, would be at 3000 power level. See the comparison there?

human 30 years(x 50 rate) = 1500 power
    Elven 3000 years(x 1 rate) = 3000 power

Also, only certain humans have the aptitude, whereas nearly all(all?) elves have the aptitude
    Last edited by Joodoc; 2012-06-13 at 05:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!

I decided to look up the story of Azshara and the naga which led to me finding this...

Many were cast far into the flooding depths of the great cataclysm that sundered the land and destroyed the Well of Eternity; it was Queen Azshara's quick thinking that saved them. She is thought to have managed to make a pact with the Old Gods on behalf of her people, though the exact beings that transformed them are unknown.

Although I doubt she will become a naga I do think that it is possible that she will basically "Lose it" during the events of Theramore and do everything in her power to protect her people. To me the model looks more like a Battle-worn Jaina who is at the peak of her arcane abilities hence the colour of her eyes and damaged/dirty robe.

Deleted
    What I think OP try to say is:
    The real Jaina drowns, the naga sea witch takes the opportunity to disguise herself as Jaina. Azshara in disguise creat huge havoc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joodoc View Post
    It isn't an exact science like that though. It is kinda like this, they master things 50 times faster, but elves live infinite times longer, and as such have an infinite amoutn more power. However given the mortallity, you are looking at elven mages being like 100-200 times older. So while an average human mage, say 30 years of training, would be at say 1500 power, your average elven mage, say 3000 years of training, would be at 3000 power level. See the comparison there?

human 30 years(x 50 rate) = 1500 power
    Elven 3000 years(x 1 rate) = 3000 power

Also, only certain humans have the aptitude, whereas nearly all(all?) elves have the aptitude
    All Elves can perform some kind of minor magic (ala Arcane Torrent in-game). You are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    The real Jaina drowns, the naga sea witch takes the opportunity to disguise herself as Jaina. Azshara in disguise creat huge havoc.
    but azshara is the most powerful mage on azeroth she would have plenty of power to make a completely perfect disguise

Quote Originally Posted by treefrogs View Post
    The cover of the upcoming book has Jaina drowing.
    Look at the picture of her new model on the front page and tell me im wrong.
    The drowning is probably symbolic of her inner turmoil, not an event that actually happens.

Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    but azshara is the most powerful mage on azeroth she would have plenty of power to make a completely perfect disguise
    Well, I can only answer this by telling a story that happened to me a long time ago.

I was with friends at work and we were sitting in the lunchroom watching Godzilla Vs MechaGodzilla. One of our more cynical co-workers walked in and asked us about the movie, and this exchange of dialogue happened.

Cynical person: "I don't get it. Why would the Japanese Government build a MechaGodzilla? Wouldn't it be cheaper and more effective to throw an atomic bomb at Godzilla?"

Me: "The reason they don't do that is because a movie entitled "Godzilla Vs the Atomic Bomb" wouldn't sell as well as it wouldn't be much of a fight and be a very short story."

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara is famous for having a very rare golden glow in her eyes though.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

I think Jaina becoming emo due to she lost her home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drowing? She's a female with soon-to-be white hair, but white hair alone does not make one a drow! Give her black skin and pointy ears and I be convinced!
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I posted in the frontpage thread about this but I seriously doubt Blizzard are going to set Jaina forward when called out about the lack of good, developed female characters in the game telling us "she's going to get some love soon" and then have her flip out and turn evil. That would be a dick move bordering on comical.

I'm down with the white hair and glowing eyes. I'm just randomly theorizing here but perhaps this is just an evolutionary step for mages that we've never seen before because no spell-caster has ever been capable of it. Not Khadgar, not Antonidas, not even Medivh. Just Jaina, the first of a new kind of mage. That would be one hell of a lore buff card for Blizzard to deal out to Jaina if true. Normally I wouldn't think an idea like that would be very likely but with Blizzard handing out things like "the wolfgod avatar" and "the World-Shaman" to major lore characters I feel like "the ascended mage" isn't too crazy. It'd certainly give Jaina an undisputed spot in Azeroth's history books.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara is an established character with a long history. Even Blizzard wouldn't approve a retcon as ludicrous as this.