Thread: Tricky Blizzard

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Tricky Blizzard

Sadly it has come to alot of peoples attention that Diablo 3 turned out to be alot less entertaining than it was amped up to be(for some maybe not). As probably all of you can agree, the player base of Diablo would be absolutely nowhere near where it is now if it weren't for all the WoW players that were given a great deal for a subscription and copy. WoW has grown boring, uninteresting, nerfed to the ground until the upcoming expansion. When this scenario occurred in WoTLK we were introduced to Ruby Sanctum. Still bland, but something to do. Now in Cata, nothing. Or did we pay 60 dollars for Cata's ruby sanctum? Obviously there are those that anticipated the release of diablo, former d2 players ect. however what i want to know is, do you guys think Blizzard gave us the wow sub+diablo bundle solely for extra advertisement, or to cover the lack of subscriptions they know they would lose do to the drop in content in endgame?

Deleted
    The Annual pass was obviously a way to keep a lot of subs during what they knew was going to be a content downtime.

There's no sneaky conspiracy or anything. It's almost clear cut.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I see trolls like OP who claim D3 is a let-down, I can only say that ALL my expectations was met for this game..

It's a far better game than D1, D2 and D2LoD, which I have all played and completed, many many years ago..
    Everyone I know (those that play the game, ofc), have the same opion..

Yes, there have been some bugs in the game.. Big deal.. Every new game have that.. But there haven't been anything serious. If you can't cope with it, don't play the first month!
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2012-06-13 at 06:27 AM.

Some say it was a let down, I say otherwise. The game is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    This question has been pondered and established a million times already. Take off the tin foil hat and stop sniffing the paint. They wanted to do the annual pass to kind of do something for the loyal costumer base. People that bought the annual pass (like me) were more then likely to be planning on paying for a year, so why not get perks for doing it? Please stop this speculation, please, for the good of man kind.
    Time is the greatest teacher, but unfortunately, it ends up killing all of its students.

Game is not worth 60 bucks maybe 20$. So it is a let down for me.

Official forums are full of people who agree with OP. I have seen same reactions in SWTOR forums. We were whining about lack of end game and we were being called trolls. Now, game is dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    The Annual pass was obviously a way to keep a lot of subs during what they knew was going to be a content downtime.

Yep, and they only accounted for 1.5 million of a 5 million copies sold at launch.

I like the 'alot' for people who agree with him and some for those who don't. I love the doom callers feeling they are a majority, when it comes to the best selling release of all time. The game has sold over 6 million copies at this point and there isn't over 3 million people complaining. Even ignoring the fact that people are more likely to complain than praise and that single disgruntled person has posted across a couple of forums, the fact that 4chan intentionally started a fictitious rumor to get people upset, the people assuming diablo was built like rift, the chicken littles of RMAH before it even came out... If you count all that, you still don't have anything close to 3 million.

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 06:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post

Official forums are full of people who agree with OP. I have seen same reactions in SWTOR forums. We were whining about lack of end game and we were being called trolls. Now, game is dying.
    And it has been said about WoW for 6 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post

This is probably the better answer that you're going to get here. It was a business decision in order to keep subs up while they got other crap worked on. I don't think there's an evil conspiracy behind it or anything, however, given the presentation of another chance at an annual pass, i do not think i would take them up on said offer.

Deleted

ok your are true this game is realy not worth 60 bugs , here in the EU its 60€that means its quite a bit more........
    anyway diabolo is OK and its obvious that blizzard used D3 as a content filler for MoP

Diablo is all about the gear grind. If you dont like it then its not the game for you and just drop it.

WOOOOO, The Vocal Minority have spoken, the words of the masses have been heard!!!! The game is obviously a failure because a tiny % of the people who play it decided to go bitch about their unmet expectations on the official forums........

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phlover View Post
    ok your are true this game is realy not worth 60 bugs , here in the EU its 60€that means its quite a bit more........
    anyway diabolo is OK and its obvious that blizzard used D3 as a content filler for MoP
    Content filler in the form of the best selling release of all time... Hell of a filler... It's like eating an 18oz prime rib as an apatizer...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Some say it was a let down, I say otherwise. The game is awesome.
    Agree with this, my only complaint is the whole item system. Besides that the game is excellent.

well i cant say its a let down , the price of D3 is same as every new computer game out there at this time..
    i playd D1 and D2 back when they were new and TBH it was always up untill diablo is dead and then switch class and thats it,i was never into char development and gear search etc..

now in D3 (after 7 years of wow) i am more attentive into stats , gear and char development and in D3 its the 1st time im going into more then normal difficulty and i like it.
    so its not a let down for me i actualy enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Yes, there have been some bugs in the game.. Big deal.. Every new game have that.. But there haven't been anything serious. If you can't cope with it, don't play the first month!
    I'm not going to piss or moan about the game's gameplay, etc, but one thing here is very wrong: designing a 1-4 player game as online only is worse than just a bug, it's a freaking atrocity. It's borderline stupid to force an online-mode on a game that is designed to be played with one player or up to four. It's awkward, creates performance issues and when the server crashes it fucks up the availability of the game. That's worse than a minor bug, way worse. It's a design flaw.

Naturally it would not be a problem if technology was up to scrap on the client side and the server side, but when neither is you are staring into what can only be described as a undesired mess.
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2012-06-13 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Language was a little bit too graphic.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

10+ Year Old Account

What? Or maybe Diablo isn't supposed to have MMO type endgame, and it has more than Diablo 2 ever had, and people play that game 12 years later still. The game is well worth the 40ish euro I paid for it. A lot of people just bought into the hype without knowing what Diablo actually is. Diablo 3 will not be dying anytime soon.

Deleted
    We were whining about lack of end game and we were being called trolls. Now, game is dying.
    Of course, because this is not an MMO. Do you pay a subscription fee? No? Then you're not entitled to patches with end-game content. For $60 on the video game market you get between 10 and 50 hours of play. Personally I got about 60 our of skyrim and thought it was a good deal, so far I have 100+ out of Diablo. It takes an average player about 12.5 to beat normal on one character alone, that doesn't include Nightmare, Hell, Inferno or the other 4 classes. By anyone's estimate it is in-line with what you should expect from a game.

Official forums are ALWAYS full of people whining about every game ever released. If that's you indicator of how much a game has succeeded then we have yet to see any good games in this world. That's not to say that D3 is perfect by any means, but saying that its a failure just seems a little melodramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Diablo is all about the gear grind. If you dont like it then its not the game for you and just drop it.
    Just wasting time until GW2 release. I had a 94 pally and 97 necro in D2. I know what this game is just does not give the same feeling or i am expecting too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    WOOOOO, The Vocal Minority have spoken, the words of the masses have been heard!!!! The game is obviously a failure because a tiny % of the people who play it decided to go bitch about their unmet expectations on the official forums........
    I was talking about SWTOR's dead. You vision is narrow, there are some that talks and some don't. People in Swtor forums were called minority also. %25 is not minority.

Since D3 is not p2p we will never know how many is that minority.

Quote Originally Posted by lawlz View Post
    Sadly it has come to alot of peoples attention that Diablo 3 turned out to be alot less entertaining than it was amped up to be
    Hm, I seem to remember a certain tweet created by a certain Blizzard employee saying to calm down a little. It's not Blizzards fault that people expected the best game ever created in history.

10+ Year Old Account
    If people bought the Annual Pass just to get Diablo 3, they were doing it wrong.