Cool [MoP] Moonkin or Ele Shaman for nBG and RBG?

Hi,

As the topic stated, I'm wondering for those who are in the MoP, how good will Moonkin and Ele Shaman be and their relative skillcap?

I'm focusing mostly on normal BG, a little of RBG and some arena.

Currently on live I enjoy playing both classes. They are rather similar in playstyle and awesome in BGs, but kind of lacking in arena at times. However they both require higher skillcap just to be as good as "normal" for some classes.

Anyway I plan only focusing on one character from now on and wondering which one I should focus on. I guess you can say I'm a FOTE (Flavour of the Expansion) type, but the difference is I'm choosing between just 2 classes =D

Deleted
    Elemental shamans will have instant Lava Bursts with a 3 X chance to proc with the talent. I asked a similar question, remembered that and picked shaman.

I like the burst of the shamans too.

But why is it that most RBG would take a moonkin over a shaman since they are both similar in terms of style? I'd think Thunderstorm & Purge & the burst are all good... yet I rarely see a RBG that's looking for an Ele Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by coldcell View Post
    I like the burst of the shamans too.

But why is it that most RBG would take a moonkin over a shaman since they are both similar in terms of style? I'd think Thunderstorm & Purge & the burst are all good... yet I rarely see a RBG that's looking for an Ele Shaman.
    Its cause right now druids really full fill all 4 roles whenever needed irrespective of spec. Balance Druids can also help with off healing with Tranquility and it heals for quite a bit as well as coming with decent CC/Roots and decent damage to but a few DoTs around. Elemental is all burst damage and don't really have any defensive abilities to fall back on most times. A Balance druid can go shift Bear any time and survive long enough.

I personally will probably switch from my DK to my druid for MoP. Why? Symbiosis. I thikn the first season for sure it will be pretty ground breaking. Smart usage will probably make or break some games. Also, I am pretty undergeared on my druid right now but I can heal just fine in randoms. It is because I have played arena and RBG enough to see good druids and know that you have to use all your forms and skills not just the healing ones. MoP has been amplifying this so far so I think the people who are not scared to be in bear form some of the time while healing will excel very well in MoP.

Imagine this as a Boomkin:
    You have blink in your first tier talents.
    9 Second cyclones.
    AoE disorient on 30 sec CD
    Ability to pop +20% damage and +25% damage every 3 minutes.
    Symbiosis granting you (depending on who you cast it on) AMS, Mirror Image, HoJ, Mass Dispel, Cloak of Shadows, Purge, 50% damage reduction for 2 secs, or intervene.
    On top of the normal shifting to bear form to turtle, running and swimming fast to get away (now with free root/snare break baseline!), stealth, and the sexy boomkin dance.

Druids are going to be gods the first patch until they get nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Unfortunately the meta-game's evolved to whatever does the most damage. It's great having all this utility, but means nothing if you can't do damage. All this extra CC is good, but if they can't hit hard there's no point.
    this game sucks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    I personally will probably switch from my DK to my druid for MoP. Why? Symbiosis. I thikn the first season for sure it will be pretty ground breaking. Smart usage will probably make or break some games. Also, I am pretty undergeared on my druid right now but I can heal just fine in randoms. It is because I have played arena and RBG enough to see good druids and know that you have to use all your forms and skills not just the healing ones. MoP has been amplifying this so far so I think the people who are not scared to be in bear form some of the time while healing will excel very well in MoP.

Imagine this as a Boomkin:
    You have blink in your first tier talents.
    9 Second cyclones.
    AoE disorient on 30 sec CD
    Ability to pop +20% damage and +25% damage every 3 minutes.
    Symbiosis granting you (depending on who you cast it on) AMS, Mirror Image, HoJ, Mass Dispel, Cloak of Shadows, Purge, 50% damage reduction for 2 secs, or intervene.
    On top of the normal shifting to bear form to turtle, running and swimming fast to get away (now with free root/snare break baseline!), stealth, and the sexy boomkin dance.

It looks good on paper, but the think is that they are removing one of our dots and nerfing the other one. So boomkins will almost be like arcane mages, they will do godly damage with CDs up while freecasting, but they are squishy and if you train them they will do no damage since we have to now cast 2.5 sec cast to do damage since our dots are nerfed to hell.

TLDR: No.

10+ Year Old Account
    Druids. They will have better methods of control than Elemental Shaman. Also you can glyph out of that horrid Moonkin form and actually see your armor.

Definitely Druids, especially for RBG's as their overall pressure has been specifically designed for damage and CC of multiple targets when it comes to PvP. But for arenas I think that Shamans will be better, far better. I haven't done too much testing so don't take my word for it.

I dont really have an answer at the moment the game seems so far from coming out it's hard to tell where any of the classes will land on the pecking order.

rbgs probally a toss up but for arena most likly ele, boomkins can hit hard as shit but like always they are squishy as shit and have to hard cast to hit hard and in arena any good team will negate the hard casting, ele casting while moving quicker casts and unleashed fury, ele mastery, the cd ele mastery and ascendance go ele all the way

Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    Unfortunately the meta-game's evolved to whatever does the most damage. It's great having all this utility, but means nothing if you can't do damage. All this extra CC is good, but if they can't hit hard there's no point.
    I fondly remember reckful playing arenas with lvl 60 weapons on to show that damage doesnt matter as much as control. Plus if you refering to boomkins in your quote, dont know about beta personally but live booms hit like a TRUCK. I can defintely see boomkins being strong as shit in MOP if they give them symbosis.