Thread: Fix an headset

Deleted

Fix an headset

Hello,

I got a bad contact with the microphone of my headset, I think its inside the left side since I just have the push the cable inside the headset to make the microphone work.

Anyone know how to fix that? (i couldn't find a way to open it)

The headset is the corsair HS1, not the USB one.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CA-H.../dp/B00439ZDZQ

Thank you for your help.

Deleted
    This price level headsets are not meant to be repaired... You could force it open as a last resort. Though, I doubt you're able to open it without additional damage.

Deleted
    Thats sucks, I'm sure it can be easily repaired, once its open. Im sick to replace my headset each year (or less) because of a bad contact...

Deleted
    As far as I'm aware, Corsair has a really good warranty on all of their products, no matter where you purchased it from etc - as long as you're the original owner. Just shoot them a support email and I'm sure they will replace it (:

Quote Originally Posted by Raykus View Post
    This price level headsets are not meant to be repaired... You could force it open as a last resort. Though, I doubt you're able to open it without additional damage.
    This kind of thinking should be forbidden, a simple hot needle will crack the seal then from that point a good soldering iron and some good apoxy will fix any headset speaker etc saying its only wires that are damaged, you may lose some length.

p.s. id bring along some wire strippers and probably a magnifying glass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ephemeross View Post
    As far as I'm aware, Corsair has a really good warranty on all of their products, no matter where you purchased it from etc - as long as you're the original owner. Just shoot them a support email and I'm sure they will replace it (:
    Rly? i will try this! thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    This kind of thinking should be forbidden, a simple hot needle will crack the seal then from that point a good soldering iron and some good apoxy will fix any headset speaker etc saying its only wires that are damaged, you may lose some length.

I got all of this stuff, i will do it if corsair will not help me.

Thank you all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post

Well, it all depends how much effort you're willing to put in it and how skilled you are with that kind of things. Arguably you can repair pretty much anything if you're skilled and motivated enough, but you have to ask yourself is it worth it.

Deleted
    if you got them in the UK and there less than a year old, then send them back to the retailer. electronic goods are have a 1 year Guarantee against normal wear and tear.

Quote Originally Posted by Raykus View Post
    Well, it all depends how much effort you're willing to put in it and how skilled you are with that kind of things. Arguably you can repair pretty much anything if you're skilled and motivated enough, but you have to ask yourself is it worth it.
    No matter how miniscule if it doesnt cost u more to repair than to buy new then the accomplishment of getting it done is justified enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    if you got them in the UK and there less than a year old, then send them back to the retailer. electronic goods are have a 1 year Guarantee against normal wear and tear.
    1 year only? Damm, that's pretty low... I live in Portugal, and last month i sent my Microsoft Mouse with over 2 and a half year of use, and they gave me the money back because they couldn't fix it and they didn't produce that mice anymore (scroll wheel made of rubber, with the use it started to chew on itself and the mechanism got clogged with the rubber).

I think the warranty here in Portugal is 2 or 3 years for electronics.

But yeah, like ephemeross, e-mail Corsair and they might get you a replacement since it wasn't really your fault.

There's screws somewhere, thing is they're probably under some fabric or something, or foam, if your headset has foam. All you need to do is basically resolder your stuff. Im not sure where the solder joints are for the microphone, but it might be hard. Either way next time get a good pair of headphones and not a headset (read Headphones + mic in 1)

Pictures, please.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."