RMAH = Worth it > If you can make your Money back & More

Now hear me out. Many screaming the sky is falling. We don't need you posting here, we've heard it all already kthxbai.

For those interested in what i'm saying let us discuss.

Now I'm not saying spend $250 on an item thats ridiculous but to spend roughly say $10-20 on particular items that help you farm Act 3-4 Inferno which has the Higher possibility of dropping incredible rares gives you the opportunity to sell items on AH for real money not only to compensate for what you have spent but its also possible you may find that Rare worth more than everything you've ever spent equalling Profit. The fact that it is RNG the more you play the more you have a chance to achieve it. and make some good money here.

Now PvE is secondary to me, I'd be pimping out my Barb for PvP specifically. But I will make sure that I farm Act 3-4 inferno for the chance of great drops also. With the amount I have spent on WoW through the years I see no reason not to spend money on D3 for something I really enjoy. No-one complains at those who spend money on cigarettes and alcohol, as i don't drink or smoke cause I train (boxing) and gym hard I don't have a place in my life for those useless yet harmful expenditures. The money someone would use on cigs and drinks per week can be used on D3 items to deck your character out and why not?

Some of us (2h Barbs) are having a hard time getting to Act 3-4 inferno and buying gear seems like the only answer. As I refuse to play with a shield as it is not how i ever intended to play my barbarian.

Deleted
    We don't need you posting here, we've heard it all already kthxbai.
    What makes your post so special?

Quote Originally Posted by Conestul View Post
    Not special. My post is a non-whine/non-troll type which is greatly more appealing to those who like to use forums to have discussions. You heard of these types of posts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conestul View Post
    read it he is asking a valid question

No, just no. Your thinking fails to consider this thing we call time and what happens to prices of items in games when this event called time occurs? They drop.

Deleted
    Shouldnt you just post your ideas in one of the already existing threads about it ?

Deleted
    So you say spending money on the RMAH is no problem for anybody, since you'll earn that money back by selling off your better drops.
    You do realize that this is a snowball system which can't work out for EVERYbody? It will work for many players that invest enough time in farming and playing the AH - but it's a system that can't work for the majority lest ALL players.

Don't get me wrong here - I'm not against the RMAH. I'm merely waiting how it affects the game and what's going to come from it (playing on EU, don't have RMAH yet - and it will take at least some months to really see where this is going).

Quote Originally Posted by scadouche View Post
    No, just no. Your thinking fails to consider this thing we call time and what happens to prices of items in games when this event called time occurs? They drop.
    Yes but once you have bought the gear capable of farming Act 3-4 Inferno you don't need to buy gear again. So the rest of Time is spent just making money from the items you Do find. Do you get what i'm saying? even if prices fell, the more items you continue to find and continue to sell you continue to make money.

You're entirely right. The RMAH is a good addition to the game, but people are getting far too caught up in the 'OMG EVIL MICRO-TRANSACTIONS HOW DARE A COMPANY TRY TO MAKE MONEY?!?!' side of it that they're refusing to see the benefits.

Ah well. Once the RMAH is out for a few weeks and the sky has refused to fall, maybe people will be a little more open-minded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spinalc0rd View Post
    No-one complains at those who spend money on cigarettes and alcohol, as i don't drink or smoke cause I train (boxing) and gym hard I don't have a place in my life for those useless yet harmful expenditures. The money someone would use on cigs and drinks per week can be used on D3 items to deck your character out and why not?
    Why are you making excuses like that then? There is no "mandatory bad habit budget" that you need to meet each month. Obviously you feel guilty about spending money on the RMAH so you're fishing for approval. If you feel it's justified for you, do it, if not, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by spinalc0rd View Post
    Yes but once you have bought the gear capable of farming Act 3-4 Inferno you don't need to buy gear again. So the rest of Time is spent just making money from the items you Do find. Do you get what i'm saying? even if prices fell, the more items you continue to find and continue to sell you continue to make money.
    Once again this thing called time mixed with RNG will 99% of the time equal a bad investment for people. No.

Quote Originally Posted by scadouche View Post
    Yes they drop, so the quicker you get to where the better chance of good items are the better. Farming will take much more time than buying, thus potentially lowering your profits. You spend money now, and either find upgrades and sell back what you bought(yes at a loss, but you re-coup most of what you spent) and get other items to sell while the prices are still higher. Due to the time you mentioned, if you take your time farming, by the time you get there the prices will have dropped and you will not make as much from drops. Granted, it probably balances out in the end, but it's a risk/reward situation. If I have an extra $100 right now, I would probably buy a few pieces to speed my farming process up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea of you trying to justify the spending on the RMAH is a little worrying to me. Why buy something for RM that you could just buy with in game gold?