High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Question Fans running too fast?

Saw a similar thread but didn't feel like jacking it cause I feel my issue might be a bit different.

I upgraded my case about a month ago to my first build and the noise coming out of it is getting to me.

Running:
    AMD Phenom II x6 1035T
    Radeon HD 6750
    1TB HDD - possible source of noise?
    My case has 6 fans- 4 of which came with the case and 2 that I put in on the side panel.
    (Not running water cooling and have the stock CPU fan.)

I don't seem to have any heat issues. I have Gamebooster just to give me an idea of temps and under fan speed it's usually in the 3k range.
    (Not sure if that's a total.)
    After looking around online I just installed SpeedFan. It shows Fan1-3 twice. With 3 of the 6 showing 0 RPM.
    And Fan2 from the first set being at about 5k and Fan1 (same set) being at about 24.

Going to take a look into BIOS setting later on. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or ideas. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by ubergoose
    here is your rotation:
    face -> keyboard -> roll

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the case fans connected through molex to the power supply or have you connected them to fan headers on the motherboard? Anything directly connected to the PSU will not show up in any application and furthermore is likely to run at full speed.

Stock CPU cooler can also be a noisy villain.

Deleted
    Phenom II Deneb/thuban stock fan is one noisy son of a bitch yes...
    sounds like a jet.

Unless your HDD is going bad, or you didn't mount it in the case, it would not be the noise issue. Now that fan that you said is showing running at 5k RPMs is another story....

Try HWmonitor or Speedfan. 5000 rpm, is that even possible?

They said speedfan is what gave them the 5k readout.

Deleted
    Phenom 2 stock fan max out around 4000 rpm depending on cooler revision. Anyway, they're very loud except on very low rpms. Does the noise level change at all or does it stay constant?

Most standard case fans are quite loud at full 12V. I suggest hooking up everything to motherboard, if not already so, and use bios options to adjust the fans. If the noise level changes depending on stress it's probably CPU or GPU fan.