Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    I make them because I can.
    Very well. Weird, but whatever. To each his own. In video games, people generally record and talk about recording important things. So you can see where I would not have guessed that you'd record and talk about recording unimportant things.

So, using your own logic, you're bragging that your brother is in a way too good to play 25 more hours to get to a challenging point and that everyone else should be exactly like him.
    No. My brother is far from "way too good". He clicked his way through three years of WoW and is currently clicking his way through SW:ToR. This is the sad part of the story. The first 30-50 hours of this game present zero challenge.

Note that I'm quite happy with the game after that point. So this is not a "rawr, I hate D3" post.

A game's difficulty is entirely relative to the person playing it, I'm not having that much difficulty with nightmare, with the exception of elite Sand Wasp packs taking a long time to kill in coop. I didn't know much about the different difficulties, hence the thread asking what to do next, I wasn't sure if I should farm gear for nightmare or just jump in.
    A few moments of looking would have given you hundreds or thousands of posts on these forums and others of people talking about how Normal and Nightmare present no challenge.

In even less time, you could have loaded up Diablo, clicked "Nightmare" and figured it out for yourself. In fact, following your logic of "a game's difficulty is entirely relative to the person playing it" (which I mostly agree with), that's the ONLY way to solve that particular riddle as no one here can tell you if it's too hard for you.

I can fully get behind people who come to the forums and say, "I tried difficulty X but had some issues. Here's what I used, what can I change?" But asking if you should try in the first place...? Useless. The answer is always going to be, "Yes. That's the whole point of the game."
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-06-14 at 05:31 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Very well. Weird, but whatever. To each his own. In video games, people generally record and talk about recording important things. So you can see where I would not have guessed that you'd record and talk about recording unimportant things.
    It's a relevant opinion, though most of my motivation for Frap'sing is I enjoy supplying videos that don't suffer from a terrible framerate and look superb.

It doesn't take much effort, it just takes the proper hardware and knowledge of what it actually takes to properly use video capturing software and knowledge of encoding.

No. My brother is far from "way too good". He clicked his way through three years of WoW and is currently clicking his way through SW:ToR. This is the sad part of the story. The first 30-50 hours of this game present zero challenge.
    Still a relevant opinion, which is why I made a thread instead of asking one person.

A few moments of looking would have given you hundreds or thousands of posts on these forums and others of people talking about how Normal and Nightmare present no challenge.

In even less time, you could have loaded up Diablo, clicked "Nightmare" and figured it out for yourself. In fact, following your logic of "a game's difficulty is entirely relative to the person playing it" (which I mostly agree with), that's the ONLY way to solve that particular riddle as no one here can tell you if it's too hard for you.

I can fully get behind people who come to the forums and say, "I tried difficulty X but had some issues. Here's what I used, what can I change?" But asking if you should try in the first place...? Useless. The answer is always going to be, "Yes. That's the whole point of the game."
    Sound logic, and my logic is this was actually the one time where instead of just trying I asked since as soon as I finished normal I made this thread and started encoding and uploading the 10 videos I had of my normal playthrough, so I had about 2 hours of downtime,

Otherwise I would of just jumped in and tried.

So, I fully support what you said, as it's exactly what I would tell everyone else.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Though I can't seem to sell my rares, so I've vendored 2 entire pages of them to make room for new ones. According to other people I've lost quite a bit of money since it seems low level rares sell for significantly more and/or quicker than higher level ones, or middle range ones.
    Who told you this? In my experience, I very well may be wrong, I constantly buy low/mid level items for no more than 1000 for my alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cleared Normal + Nightmare so easy (Azmo died in like 30 seconds) on my DH that Hell was a bit of a wake up call. I think Hell Act 2 is where I finally went to the AH and purchased a new Bow + Quiver to help me through it.

Basically D3 doesn't really start until Hell and you immediately hit a brick wall at Inferno Act 2 (I joined friends games for my Khul and Belial kill) until 1.0.3 is out.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celidion View Post
    Who told you this? In my experience, I very well may be wrong, I constantly buy low/mid level items for no more than 1000 for my alts.
    A forum somewhere, don't recall. It might have just been that person's experience and isn't indicative of most others, though I had a few friends say their mid level rares were collecting dust in storage as well.

I'm new to D3 so I have to pay attention to what everyone else says, then see how much, if any, validity it has.

I just started putting my 20+ rares in AH for 8k, I just want gold for them, not too worried about maximizing the profit they can bring in.

---------- Post added 2012-06-14 at 02:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I cleared Normal + Nightmare so easy (Azmo died in like 30 seconds) on my DH that Hell was a bit of a wake up call. I think Hell Act 2 is where I finally went to the AH and purchased a new Bow + Quiver to help me through it.

Basically D3 doesn't really start until Hell and you immediately hit a brick wall at Inferno Act 2 (I joined friends games for my Khul and Belial kill) until 1.0.3 is out.
    That makes sense, I ended up doing almost every boss with my aoe + heal spec since pugs won't wait for you to respec and I enjoy that spec for trash.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2012-06-14 at 06:06 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Hurpdurp View Post
    Just wait till Inferno... youll go back to that Wizard pretty quickly .

ACT I is/was fine as a Barb. ACT II makes me want to punch a infant in glasses right in the nose.
    Only at start.After you are geared with barb you are unkillable.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Only at start.After you are geared with barb you are unkillable.
    If you have like 100M and want to do 0 damage, sure.

Just worry when you aren't doing enough damage, always try a new weapon every 5-10 levels it help a ton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durmindo View Post
    Just worry when you aren't doing enough damage, always try a new weapon every 5-10 levels it help a ton.
    I abandoned that outdated AoE Heal spec and replaced it with a significantly more efficient one that can also double up as a great single target boss spec, as long as I can be near a target.

I replaced all of my gear with lvl 36/37 STR/Vit/Physical Res rares at 37, I'm 45 now and I'm at the end of Act III on Nightmare, doing fairly well, just need a break.

A bit off-topic, but you should try rift with the x-pac on the way and all. I tend to play it when i get bored of wow