Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you should add at least another 20k to your health. 25k is not much. I have DH with 52k health at the moment. No glass cannons for me, thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    awesome. so basically Blizzard rewarded those 1.7% or whatever people in inferno after the first few weeks with easymode farm loot and now punishes everyone else because RMAH is out. Working as intended I guess.

Also my DPS sucks because

A) I dont have 15+ mil for a 1k DPS weapon with high life on hit
    B) Im not spending $200 on RMAH
    You talk as if RMAH is the only option for gear. Gold AH is still there, use that. And you could just, you know, go from the beginning of the act, clearing pretty much everything? Silly "farm spots" are just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I think you should add at least another 20k to your health. 25k is not much.
    Watched a stream of a monk farming act III with 24k health I assume 25k is good enough for act II. Also again so what the gold AH is still there. If Act I gear is worthless what good does it do me? I have farmed 7 hours a day for the last week and only have close to 3 mil because stuff never sells. Most of the crap I get from Act I isnt even level 60 gear hell most is under 55.

Been playing today since noon so 6 hours 30 mins with a lunch break and I havent posted a single item on the AH cause they are all crap.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-06-13 at 10:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched a stream of a monk farming act III with 24k health I assume 25k is good enough for act II. Also again so what the gold AH is still there. If Act I gear is worthless what good does it do me? I have farmed 7 hours a day for the last week and only have close to 3 mil because stuff never sells. Most of the crap I get from Act I isnt even level 60 gear hell most is under 55.

Been playing today since noon so 6 hours 30 mins with a lunch break and I havent posted a single item on the AH cause they are all crap.
    3 million is plenty enough for at least 2 good items, 3 if you are lucky. Just don't go for the best itemized ones. Just farm money, those yellow round objects that drop from monsters if you need more. It takes time, but that's the point of Inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    3 million is plenty enough for at least 2 good items, 3 if you are lucky. Just don't go for the best itemized ones. Just farm money, those yellow round objects that drop from monsters if you need more. It takes time, but that's the point of Inferno.
    The problem is I need a weapon first and thats 10+ million. 3 mil will only get me maybe 10 more resists or 10-15 dex or vit. Not worth it to me. 700 resists is what every monk guide says is perfectly fine for Act II so Im not spending gold on anything other than a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Well I never said the Act 2 is impossible without more gear did I? I said with melee the big deciding factor is gear, which is a true - they are a lot more gear dependent than any ranged. Then I just said what parts of his gear need work. It doesn't mean he HAS to upgrade them but they are the areas to look at for improving. Of course if a change-up in skills works just as well then kudos to that, it'll certainly be a lot more fun.

Did you actually do Act 2 and then farm it with a 5 stack of NV? Because there's not much point in just rushing through it and killing Belial but you said you didn't do that. I just feel like 500 resist and 16% are a bit too low for any comfort in farming Act 2 but maybe I'm wrong. 700 resist is a bit better but i would prefer 800-850, and block % is huge and vastly underrated by a lot of people when building survival.

Of course I have seen videos of melee doing Act 2 and even 3 with <1mil gear so I'm sure with enough skill and patience its doable. Its jut that my experience every time I try melee has been one nasty as hell elite pack after another to the point where I compensate by throwing gear at it until it feels doable.
    I'm not saying that your suggestions were wrong. I'm saying that they seem like overkill. You don't need 50 mill worth of gear to clear Act II – and clear it well. Me, I'm a completionist. It pains my OCD tendencies not to clear a map before I move on to the next. So I definitely didn't rush through the place. That's not to say I never struggled. I did have to kite and park about 4-5 packs of elites. At the beginning especially, I struggled with Vampiric. Being so defensive focused cost me in DPS and made it so Vampiric mobs healed almost as fast as I could kill them. Also, fuck Immune Minions.

Again, I'm not saying that more gear won't help. But this guy is already clearly unhappy with the concept of farming up a 50 mill set. I'm just trying to say it's not necessary. I also want to be clear when pointing out that you don't need like uber skills or anything. My strategy for Act II was "click on monster, use CDs as necessary, run out if health is down and all CDs are out". I was not micro managing skills or flipping between weapons or any of that BS. I held down my left mouse button, pressed 1-2-Q as needed (I didn't use Blind - just heal, bubble and pot) and then clicked on the loot. I rarely kited for more than a few seconds. I died occasionally, but never more than 2-3 times on a pack. You can’t be completely mindless obviously – it was still a challenge – but you don’t need overpriced gear or overtuned skills to get it done.

awesome. so basically Blizzard rewarded those 1.7% or whatever people in inferno after the first few weeks with easymode farm loot and now punishes everyone else because RMAH is out. Working as intended I guess.

Also my DPS sucks because

A) I dont have 15+ mil for a 1k DPS weapon with high life on hit. With how much Act I gear has plummeted in prices its not worth farming anymore so I probably never will have a decent weapon. I mean spending an hour farming elites just for one yellow out of 15-20 i can sell for 10k is just a waste of time.
    B) Im not spending $200 on RMAH
    I had the same problem. I handled it by finding a decent weapon (800k-ish IIRC) with a socket and then crafting a star purple myself and putting it in. IIRC, making the star gem only cost me about 320k (or you could just buy one for about 400k on the AH). The AH market overvalues Life on Hit, but doesn’t put much stock in sockets for whatever reason. So make your own for a fraction of the price.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Is this where the guy is stuck in a barrel? Im at the part to get Kulle's Blood now. I was told the path leading up to the desert from the port pad has a treasure goblin but have reloaded 20 times and havent seen him and a lot of people said hes there 40-50% of the time but that was a few weeks ago.
    It's a bit before the guy stuck in a barrel. Basically once you get to ancient waterway checkpoint. You resume game, go out of ancient waterway and there is group of elites guardin the entrance. You kill them, collect goodies and leave the game. You can do that over and over ... 20-30 elite packs per hour easily. I run it with 160% magic find bonus and when there is molten pack I just reload. Don't know if it's nerfed or not but I got around 1.6 mil from there today in about 3 hours farming.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

/facepalm

I killed Maghda with way worse stats than you (just HP slightly higher).

You don't have to kill much mobs on your way. Serenity is your friend. The only mobs you really need to kill before Maghda are 2 mobs in desert on first quest, and then some copperfang lurkers inside Khasim Outpost building (which hurt, but zergable from entrance under serenity effect).

Edit: But about rare packs forget for now. you might want to push progress without killing rares, and then have access to better drops (and areas without those damn wasps and lacuni mobs).

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    /facepalm

I killed Maghda with way worse stats than you (just HP slightly higher).

You don't have to kill much mobs on your way. Serenity is your friend. The only mobs you really need to kill before Maghda are 2 mobs in desert on first quest, and then some copperfang lurkers inside Khasim Outpost building (which hurt, but zergable from entrance under serenity effect).

Edit: But about rare packs forget for now. you might want to push progress without killing rares, and then have access to better drops (and areas without those damn wasps and lacuni mobs).
    I can understand skipping the occasional rare with a paticualrly brutal combo, but skipping everything? Ugh. Why even bother playing at that point?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Deleted
    This is a bit off-topic maybe, but since people were touching on this issue...

People are playing this game with the expectation that having played a mere month you should automatically have accrued sufficient gear drops from inferno act 1 to be able to survive inferno act 2. A month of playing is absolutely nothing, even if you'd played 24 hours a day, and having listened to the developers it's clear that the idea was that you would have to grind grind grind to get the best gear pieces possible to be able to handle the next level of difficulty, and so on.

If you take the like the top 5% of the gear drops in hell act 3/4, you'll get more than sufficient gear for inferno act 1. If you take the top 5% of the gear drops in inferno act 1, you'll get more than sufficient gear for inferno act 2. That's just a fact. Yes, most of the drops in inferno act 1 are absolute garbage, and perhaps one in 10000 will be considered good for inferno act 2, but that's the point of this game. You grind grind grind for an eternity and then you progress.

Well, that was supposed to be the point of this game, but then people started overgearing their characters with drops from further on in the game, and suddenly everyone started looking at the stats of people who are wearing inferno act 3/4 gear, and looking at the prices of that gear in the AH, and thinking that those gear pieces are needed and that they're overpriced. Of course they're overpriced, since people aren't willing to work for their own gear, and are simply buying stuff from the AH. When there's demand, and the supply is limited, then of course the prices are going to skyrocket, and this would happen without any gold and farming exploits.

Inferno was designed to be beat very slowly, because of the growing gear check. People just don't have the patience or will to play the game the way it was intended, and are using the existence of the AH as an excuse to make the statement that it has to be used.

Either accept the fact that finding the drops yourself will take months upon months of farming content you are able to farm OR do what everyone else does, and skip all the work by playing the AH.

The post above is exactly correct. However, I find it odd that this is the situation we’re in. I mean, Blizzard has pretty much said exactly what was stated above. “Inferno was not meant to be a quick complete. You’re supposed to be farming the previous tier for gear before entry to the next.” But then they put in a workaround for that in the form of the AH and are surprised when people use it to circumvent the process they intended.

The failing of the BS falls into the same sphere. Why cross your fingers farming/creating random gear when you can farm gold and buy exactly what you need instead? How does this surprise anyone?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    The post above is exactly correct. However, I find it odd that this is the situation we’re in. I mean, Blizzard has pretty much said exactly what was stated above. “Inferno was not meant to be a quick complete. You’re supposed to be farming the previous tier for gear before entry to the next.” But then they put in a workaround for that in the form of the AH and are surprised when people use it to circumvent the process they intended.

The failing of the BS falls into the same sphere. Why cross your fingers farming/creating random gear when you can farm gold and buy exactly what you need instead? How does this surprise anyone?
    I have said it before. The gearing up looks like something Blizz is saving for an expension. As it is now it does not make much sense. You either spend hundreds of hours grinding yourself while ignoring AH or you spend tens-hundreds of hours farming gold and trash to sell or you spend 5 minutes playing with your credit card. You can't say that D3 is game about grinding when there is AH and RMAH. Not to mention the amount of grind tanks would have to do just for act II without AH appears to be beyond ridiculous.

For me the BS should be something that gives the gearing up some reasonable background, but you may not even drop one recipe by the time you beat the game.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.