10+ Year Old Account

level 90 talent idea

I don't have access to the WoW official forums, so if someone wants to post this there for me feel free.

I love them in concept. I have always been a sucker for utility abilities. Everyone loves it when you are raiding and ook starts to hitting the fan and you realize that you have that one ability that can fix the entire situation, you find yourself looking frantically for that ability on your bar and once you push it all becomes is well you get that sense of satisfaction that you are indeed a good [insert class here].

I find that our level 90 talents are a bit boring for what they should be, I want that “OMG!” feeling when I mouse over them in the talent frame. I DO NOT THINK THEY NEED DAMAGE. I would rather have them as utilities and not used on CD. The main issue with the talents is if you are only using them as a situational CD then you don’t really get much out of them outside of that situation.

Possible solution: Give the Talents passive effects so we can feel them even when we aren’t using them. For example:

Desecrated ground: reduces damage taken from AoE by 10/15/20%.

Gorefiend’s Grasp: Death Grip now useable on friendly targets, when used in this manor the Death Knight and Target split all incoming damage and/or healing for the next 3 sec. (the hit should be softened by the armor of whoever the original hit was taken on)

Remorseless Winter: Frost Fever and Blood Plague ticks generate 3 runic power. This effect cannot occur more than once every 3 secs.

Desecrated ground: reduces damage taken while stunned by 10/15/20%.

Remorseless Winter: chillbains.

Gorefiend’s Grasp: Reduces Spell damage taken by 10%.

Remorseless Winter: Chains of Ice now effects all enemy targets within 8 yards of the current enemy target.

Gorefiend’s Grasp: Frost Fever and Blood Plague ticks reduce the CD of Outbreak by 1.5sec. (so if you cast Outbreak on a target, after 30sec the CD is reset.)

Desecrated ground: reduces the CD of Death and Decay by 15sec.

Gorefiend’s Grasp: spending Death Runes grants Gorefiend’s Boon for 8sec. Gorefiend’s boon grants a different buff depending on current active presence:
    Blood – 5% dodge
    Frost – 5% haste
    Unholy – 5% shadowfrost Damage

Remorseless Winter: spending Death Runes grants double Runic Power.

This would liven the talents up and stop the, “THEY ARE ALL PVP!!!!!” qq going on. Please don’t quote me on values, I am just showing that the amount of possible mechanics are endless and do not necessarily have to do damage.

Blood – 5% dodge
    Swap the 5% dodge for Mastery and you've got a deal =)
    Last edited by Bellum; 2012-08-01 at 05:45 AM.

Deleted
    I really like some of the ideas here, especially due to the fact that our priest likes to life grip me. /wink

Playing as blood, I think I would be incredibly torn between the extra runic power regeneration qualities the Remorseless Winter would give as this would partially fix our downtime issues, and the 30 sec outbreak and extra dodge (although I agree with Bellum on swapping the dodge for mastery ) not to mention the practical and fun uses of death grip!

Nice ideas.

These are fantastic, imo, sure they aren't dps cooldowns but they still give a meaningful effect for pve players.
    Rogue from 2004-Summer 2005
    Pally from Summer 2005-WOTLK Release
    DK tank, All WOTLK including HLK.
    DK DPS, Heroic Firelands... Didn't raid Tier 11, or normal mode Firelands
    Formerly of Medivh-US