Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's not that I can't do Inferno, it's just too much of a pain in my ass and too little fun. And grinding gold is a no-go for me. Second most important thing in diablo, after owning demons, is the item hunts.

Well I guess I keep levelling different classes for now.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    I loved the idea on paper but recently I came to a conclusion: I do not want to wipe in a Diablo game. And that's all you do on Inferno, is die over and over again. Dunno, maybe I'm getting too old for this shit but I never got so frustrated with a game before.

All I want is to mindlessly own armies of demons with little effort required on my part, and I want loot for it so I can own even harder.

I really wanted D3 to be my next big addiction (still do) but I just don't see it happening. Anyone else feels that way?
    Yeah I get it completely. But the difference is I knew what D3 was when I bought it, a game to play when I want 30mins to an hour of mindless fun. Anything much longer than that and it is boring as hell.(to me)

Yes it would be awesome if the game was more tactical and you actually won/lost based on what you did, but luck plays a greater part. Honestly though if they tried to make it more tactical it would end up feeling like a completely different game. Love it for what it is, or leave it. Don't stress out playing a game mode that isn't fun for you.

I find myself comparing everything to wow which really isnt fair to other games. I say well D3 was fun and all but got boring quickly. Part of me wants to farm items for the RMAH but meh.

I'm with the OP tbh, in D2 I'd grab multiple packs and WW them down working my way round the outside in ever decreasing circles as the mob pack thinned. This worked on every difficulty, it was fun (for me.....and just about anyone else who played a Barb). Abusing short defensive CD's and never actually engaging a pack properly isn't playing a Barb, it's great they added defensive abilities but they shouldn't be your only option in A3 and upwards like they are now.

It's somewhat more tolerable as ranged because when you pick a ranged character you never expect to be able to face tank mobs outside of some gimmicky build and great gear so when you hit these brick walls like melee do you just accept you need more DPS and need to kite better avoiding the massive shift in out look you get as melee where you realise you can no longer effectively melee anything any more.

Inferno should be fun, sorry guys but if you think dying 50 times to a rare pack with bad mods is anything like a Diablo game should feel then it's you that bought the wrong game.

And all you guys - saying "Then don't play it?" is obnoxious. Stop it.
    What other appropriate answer is there? The OP blatantly says he dislikes Inferno because it's too difficult and he doesn't enjoy the idea of it. He says it's too much effort and just wants to be able to faceroll through it mindlessly.

I do not want to wipe in a Diablo game. And that's all you do on Inferno, is die over and over again. Dunno, maybe I'm getting too old for this shit but I never got so frustrated with a game before. All I want is to mindlessly own armies of demons with little effort required on my part, and I want loot for it so I can own even harder.
    Inferno's purpose serving to be "difficult" directly goes against what the OP wants. Do we suggest that he farms gear until it becomes easier, as is the intent of the game? No, because he said he doesn't want to do that.

He's getting no enjoyment and no fun.
    He keeps dying because it's too difficult.
    He wants free gear to amend this.
    He doesn't have the desire to "farm" for it (in any sense of the word), the purpose of the game.

So I'm sorry, what option is there left if he doesn't enjoy Inferno but doesn't want to take any pro-active steps towards changing this? Quit or play on other modes.

Why force yourself to something you're not enjoying, let alone complain how you don't like it without showing any willingness to work towards it. There isn't anything that forces you to play this; it comes down to you and what you want. Meaning... hey, maybe this game isn't for them.

And yet you call these people obnoxious when you're doing the same thing telling them not to? Ahhh hypocrisy at its finest.

I don't mind a good challenge, but what inferno provides, is unfair challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    It's mostly a grind and gear check game. Otherwise it's just clicking. Beat it on normal, got to act 3 of nightmare, realized nothing changed except for numbers, and stopped playing. When it comes to difficult games, I prefer things like Dark Souls and Monster Hunter which involve more research, customizing, and control.

Not a bad game, but not a great game when you take into consideration the 10 years of development. Feels more like something that could have been done in 3-4 years with the right team.
    So you played the game half way through and decided it wasn't difficult enough? You are posting in a thread about Inferno and you didn't even finish Nightmare? Can you see how your input isn't really valid?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    And don't tell me Auction House, because I'd have to grind for a whole week straight to be able to buy only a single mediocre item.
    \

act 1 end runs take ~1 hr....and net 200k+....by my math 5-10 of those gets you a pretty decent weapon for early inferno progression

thing is, the game is exactly what I want it to be - a modern version of D2... up until inferno when it's like it turns into another game, and not one I wanna play. I really don't get why is it necessary to kill me 30 times before I kill a rarepack. Surely there must be other ways to make the game more difficult.

Why force yourself to something you're not enjoying, let alone complain how you don't like it without showing any willingness to work towards it.

towards what? ;p I'm not gonna suffer hours of frustration just so I can progress and MAYBE get some fun later. isn't inferno designed to always be ermm... 'challenging'?

anyway like I said, playing different classes now, and I have no intention of forcing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I'm already encountering a not so smooth transition from Act 4 Hell to Act 1 Inferno. And it has everything to do with resistances.

I think it should be possible to enchant gear with resistances if you have very bad luck finding resistance gear.
    Actually, I think the Blacksmith should be a lot cheaper, so you can at least try to upgrade your gear if you have very bad luck with drops.

Right now I'm doing 5 stack valor farming runs on Hell Act 3 and 4 for better gear for Inferno, but I keep finding gear that's too low level, for the wrong class or without resistances.

How am I supposed to progress if I keep having bad luck with drops?
    And don't tell me Auction House, because I'd have to grind for a whole week straight to be able to buy only a single mediocre item.
    Yes, the shift from act 4 hell to inferno is the first leap, although not as terrible. I don't know which class you play, I can only speak from wizard and barb perspective, but most of the drops from Hell and just few upgrades from AH did it for me. Maybe you're really just unlucky with drops.

And don't tell me not to tell you Auction House, you can easily find good items with all resist and some other useful stats for ~20k a piece. Not very good ones, but definitely enough for Act 1.
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

A lot of people are missing what the OP is saying.

Before Diablo 3 people knew Diablo as a game where they could log on, enter a game, kill a few bosses for a chance at some good loot. In my opinion it was too easy because of teleport which almost every class in Diablo 2 sported because of Enigma. You would just mindlessly teleport through walls looking for the next level of the building, teleport through that level find the boss and kill it. Even before Enigma and before LOD people would just annihilate the minions their way to the boss. It required very little thought; however, this is what made it successful. It did not require you to devote a lot of time to the game, you could literally play 20 minutes a day and be satisfied.

With Diablo 3 we do not really have this. Of course you do not have to do Inferno; however, the whole point in playing an RPG is to acquire gear and better your character, In the Diablo series this point is emphasized upon. I am in a similar boat as the OP, I welcome a challenge, I truly do. Just not in Diablo. Because of the ridiculous randomization of statistics on loot in Diablo 3 progressing smoothly through the game is not possible. Progression in Diablo 3 is like off roading on Oprah's ass (it is very bumpy).

The fact of the matter is I do not have much time to play video games these days; however, I still enjoy them. I was looking forward to Diablo 3 because I was hoping it would bring a game that allows me to log on, wreck some stuff, hope for decent drops, put them on the auction house, and exit the game. Instead I got, log on, check the auction house, "oh look, 32 pages of Stormshield that are all trying to be sold for 10,000,000+ -_-", log in the game, get completely WRECKED in A3, say "fuck it" and go back to A2 to farm, finally get five stacks of valor, kill the boss and get showered in the awesomeness than is vendor loot, post my 1-2 items that will not sell, log off and contemplate why I don't just reroll a fucking Demon Hunter...

The sadistic old me still allows me to enjoy the game. Luckily the responsible, "you do not have time for this bullshit" side of me usually overwhelms the sadistic S&M half of me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontlikeyou View Post
    Then farm act 3 and 4 Hell, till you get the gear good enough to move forward.
    This was one of the major problems with Inferno, it was impossible for the melee classes to progress without using the AH. The gear needed for Acts 2+ didn't drop until Acts 2+. You had to buy it off the AH from DH/Wizard players who were actually able to progress by kiting. It was frustrating for melee and exceedingly tedious for ranged. That's just bad game design.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovacor View Post
    The sadistic old me still allows me to enjoy the game. Luckily the responsible, "you do not have time for this bullshit" side of me usually overwhelms the sadistic S&M half of me.
    Get the responsible side on board by farming Act 1 instead. Festering Wood's>Butcher run is taking me 30-40 mins for good gold and the odd decent drop, to get past 80 on a primary stat with a lvl 61 item you need a double roll (as in STR+STR/INT) but it does happen, All Res is capped out at 60 which is good enough for the most part so there isn't really much point in pinning all your hopes on ilvl 62/63 loot if farming it is no longer enjoyable. Not saying that current tuning is fine but with 30k+ HP, 600 All Res and some LoH then you can up your DPS and not die in A1 Inferno, infact you might even start having some fun again.

Had loadsa fun today with 35k DPS, 35k HP, 600-700 All Res and 1500 LoH smashing the shit out of anything in Act 1 with a WW build and most importantly NOT DYING. Admittedly I should be smashing the shit out of later Acts with that sorta gear but those are the breaks atm. Diablo is about grinding, ofc I'm pissed that I can't get much further in A3 without zerging but if anything at least I won't be bored of the A4 farm spots when I get there after 1.03 hits lol.

So ye, if you want to smash shit in Inferno (like I do) then Act 1 can actually be quite satisfying, Act 2 is never gonna be enjoyable as melee because of the mob pool, don't know what it is about them but almost everything there is about as annoying as a mob can get in Diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    I love that there's a game where the difficulty can get me frustrated.
    Getting one shot isn't difficulty though. :|

I farm Inferno Whimsyshire fairly easily. Yeah, I die a few times. But can I help that? Nope. As a DH, my only survivability is through Smoke Screen and Vault. One tiny hit and I'm dead. That isn't hard. That is silly. I agree that Inferno shouldn't be a wipefest. Now, I know its not quite like this for monks and barbs, but for DH, Wiz, and WDs, we play the game of kill or be killed. To be honest, I'd KILL to be more balanced and actually be able to take a few hits. Maybe this next patch will help. *shrugs*

---------- Post added 2012-06-14 at 02:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    don't know what it is about them but almost everything there is about as annoying as a mob can get in Diablo.
    QFT. Act 2, 3, and 4 have the worst mobs. 2 is full of shit like wasps and leaping lacuni and the snakes. 3 has the tonguers and phase beasts. 4 has the lightspeed charging opressors and the bombing subjugators. I'm just glad I have Inferno Diablo dead so I dont ever have to go back to those 3 acts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raaarrr View Post
    So you played the game half way through and decided it wasn't difficult enough? You are posting in a thread about Inferno and you didn't even finish Nightmare? Can you see how your input isn't really valid?
    I was saying it's boring, not easy.

The new difficulties don't use any new models, or story, or anything. If you consider a different difficulty as a different game, then Kid Icarus Uprising is infinitely longer than this game.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    It's not that I can't do Inferno, it's just too much of a pain in my ass and too little fun. And grinding gold is a no-go for me. Second most important thing in diablo, after owning demons, is the item hunts.

Well I guess I keep levelling different classes for now.
    That sounds even more boring than dying.

You could always just play through Hell over and over again.

I've cleared Act 1 Inferno but dying gets old. I'm not playing as much now.

Inferno got kinda meh after the first few days. There's a difference between difficult and just inflating numbers arbitrarily. Coming across something like Fast, Jailor, Waller, Mortar as a ranged class and being one-shot isn't the game being difficult, it's just bad game design.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    I love that there's a game where the difficulty can get me frustrated.
    Aye chap! Mindless killing is only fun for a few minutes, I need challenge, I need something that will actually get me to have to try and keep me on my toes, essentially.