Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Help me out guys, need help with this girl I like.

To tell you some background information about this girl, about a month ago before school ended she started hanging out with my group of friends at our table. She would only hang out to her friend that was dating this kid Brandon out our table. Since I was a junior I would ask if she wanted anything when I went off campus to get food. I did stuff like this until school ended and on the last day I went with her and her friend off campus and just talked to them. To tell you about myself I am 17 years old, never had a girlfriend in my life, most of the time when I do get close to girls I usually scue it up by either being awkward or just ruining my chances because I don't try hard enough to win them over. At this point I was just getting to know her, like I said I barely know anything about the girl, She is going to be a sophomore and I'm going to be a senior next year. So as the day went on I was around her for most of that day and sat next to her at the end of the school year rally in the gym. So Friday went by and I decided that I would add her on Facebook. She accepted and I didn't think much of it. About 2 days later she messaged me on facebook and so I asked for her number. I can tell she likes me because she is constantly wanting to text me, at first I would delay texting her so it wouldn't seem like I was waiting for her to reply. I would tell her goodnight and just try to talk about pretty much anything, I avoid saying cliche things to her like "hey whats up" or "what are you doing" because you can only say those so many times before they get boring. I'm stuck at this point because I know she likes me and I'm wondering when it would be a good time for me to call her, would it be now or later in a week, also she is going camping so I would have to wait anyways. I really like her and I wanted to get to know her more and hang out with her, I was planning in a month to take her to the movie to see the Amazing Spiderman then take her out to dinner. I just want to know am I taking things too fast or should I just tell her that I like her. I also need help finding out if she has a boyfriend too, anyway of asking how without sounding blunt about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    About the boyfriend; quietly ask your friends to do snooping/ check facebook, if you aren't in a relationship on facebook, then it doesn't exist I say!

I don't know American Seniors n stuff, but I'm guessing that means your like 18?
    If there is anything good on at the cinemas, just ask if you can take her there in the next couple of weeks.

Don't take forever to plan that, or to plan what to say to her, just ask her out.
    At your/our age, you can't just say 'hurhur, I like you' and expect it to get anywhere, girls like confidence.

TL;DR, ask her to the movies, dinner, or something around your town/city/place. See how it goes from there.
    Good luck.

But if she has a boyfriend, then if you ask her out, you'll end up being friendzoned, or you'll be the guy she cheated on her boyfriend with, which means there is 0 trust, and you shouldn't even bother.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Throw chocolate at her and scream "LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Just keep going with what your doing, To prevent being friend-zoned put in a little bit of flirting as much as you think is JUST enough you definitly don't want to over do the flirting.

Just go through it day by day, be youself and yea taking her out to dinner and the movies is a good way.

I have to say tho good luck with the boyfriend, I grew up with 3 sisters so i can be rather manipulative and know what to say. Managed to steal one of my used to be friends girlfriends by undermining him, being myself and having fun with the girl making sure myself and she were having a good time. He was honestly a massive dickhead to her which made it so easy, me and some friends decided to break them apart since she deserved better. I showed that I was better than him through my personality and the way we hanged out, You don't want to straight out say it just let her notice the good thing's about your personality.

Also, Just get to know her more and as you go you'll know what to do, what she'll think and say to certain things etc

Another way to find out if she does have a boyfriend, Ask what she did on her weekend or what she has planned. Surely it will be mentioned eventually, That or Facebook snooping.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-06-13 at 11:25 PM.

you only live once, grow a pair and ask her out. You're a SENIOR now broski, be the alpha male and get what you want

Your best efforts should be spent just being yourself. Don't try to act cool around her. When you see her, wave, say hi, ask how she is, etc. Just act like you would with a friend. Though, the twist here is to add some subtle flirtations... though, dont be TOO overt or overbearing about it. You don't want to overdo it, as that just comes off creepy.

As for the date, do yourself a favor and don't make your first date a movie. Go do something creative. Something where she can see you, interact with you and get to know you. A movie is essentially two hours of sitting in the dark and then going to dinner is another two hours sitting confined and trying to strike conversation and if you already feel nervous, that will just amplify it. If you like to get outside, casually go to her and say "Hey, I'm going to go do "fillintheblank" this weekend and thought you might want to come with." You want to just be aloof enough that she knows you can do your own thing, even if she doesn't go with you and interested enough that she knows you WANT her to come.

Good luck man. Being 17 and dating for the first time is the pits. But once you can be comfortable with yourself, it will go a WHOLE lot easier and better. Girls like confidence and someone that feels comfortable in their own skin.

No means yes, and a restraining order is just playing hard to get.

You should absolutely, unequivocally be blunt. It's difficult, but the sooner you learn to do it, the better off you'll be. I've never had a single girl say to me, "wow, I wish you hadn't been up front and honest with me". Nothing bad will happen.

At one point you say you want to avoid the cliche.

At a later point you say you're going to do a dinner & a movie date.

I don't feel like I need to say anything more.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenreaverz View Post
    To tell you some background information about this girl, about a month ago before school ended she started hanging out with my group of friends at our table. She would only hang out to her friend that was dating this kid Brandon out our table. Since I was a junior I would ask if she wanted anything when I went off campus to get food. I did stuff like this until school ended and on the last day I went with her and her friend off campus and just talked to them. To tell you about myself I am 17 years old, never had a girlfriend in my life, most of the time when I do get close to girls I usually scue it up by either being awkward or just ruining my chances because I don't try hard enough to win them over. At this point I was just getting to know her, like I said I barely know anything about the girl, She is going to be a sophomore and I'm going to be a senior next year. So as the day went on I was around her for most of that day and sat next to her at the end of the school year rally in the gym. So Friday went by and I decided that I would add her on Facebook. She accepted and I didn't think much of it. About 2 days later she messaged me on facebook and so I asked for her number. I can tell she likes me because she is constantly wanting to text me, at first I would delay texting her so it wouldn't seem like I was waiting for her to reply. I would tell her goodnight and just try to talk about pretty much anything, I avoid saying cliche things to her like "hey whats up" or "what are you doing" because you can only say those so many times before they get boring. I'm stuck at this point because I know she likes me and I'm wondering when it would be a good time for me to call her, would it be now or later in a week, also she is going camping so I would have to wait anyways. I really like her and I wanted to get to know her more and hang out with her, I was planning in a month to take her to the movie to see the Amazing Spiderman then take her out to dinner. I just want to know am I taking things too fast or should I just tell her that I like her. I also need help finding out if she has a boyfriend too, anyway of asking how without sounding blunt about it?

Do not go to a video game message board to ask about relationship advice. That would be step 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    At one point you say you want to avoid the cliche.

At a later point you say you're going to do a dinner & a movie date.

I don't feel like I need to say anything more.
    OP is 17 and the girl is younger than him, What else do you think they could do? Assuming OP can't drive without someone with a full license.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait, you like the chick and you make plans to take her on a date in....a MONTH?

Grow a set, dude. You're never getting laid moving that slow.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Send her a text saying is that a mirror in your pants? because I can see myself in them. It works I tell you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Wait, you like the chick and you make plans to take her on a date in....a MONTH?

Grow a set, dude. You're never getting laid moving that slow.
    >Implying I'm trying to get laid

If I was trying to get laid I wouldn't even bother with this girl, note I'm going to be 18 soon and this girl is about 2 years younger than I am. It's not even worth trying. But hey if the time ever comes I probably would. As for the date idea she is going to be gone til then so it works out perfect.

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 06:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Send her a text saying is that a mirror in your pants? because I can see myself in them. It works I tell you.
    I just did this, works thanks

For the love of god tell me your joking.

>Implying I'm trying to get laid

If I was trying to get laid I wouldn't even bother with this girl, note I'm going to be 18 soon and this girl is about 2 years younger than I am. It's not even worth trying. But hey if the time ever comes I probably would. As for the date idea she is going to be gone til then so it works out perfect.

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 06:26 PM ----------

Pretty sure an 18 y.o. and a 16 y.o. squishing privates isn't illegal.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please tell me you're not joking so we can all have a good laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Every word I read of that post has your credibility plummeting like a hooker getting a suitcase full of money for a BJ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lypo View Post
    Please tell me you're not joking so we can all have a good laugh.
    I wish I was joking, I did what he said. I still haven't gotten a text back and I sent it like 5 hours ago. She is probably laughing still. haha

I wish I was joking, I did what he said. I still haven't gotten a text back and I sent it like 5 hours ago. She is probably laughing still. haha
    Thats hoping she takes it the right way, I can't tell since I don't know her it depends on how sexually open or stuck up she is.

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple things.

1st off being blunt isn't necessarily a bad thing. People always seem to think you need to be super elaborate when all you need to do is be honest. 3 days ago I went over, talked to a complete stranger for 15 minutes, and I literally said, "Hey I really like you. You should give me your number, and we can go out." She smiled and gave me her number. Simple as heck.

2nd of all you said that she's going to be gone alot? I recently broke up with a girl, because she was gonna be gone pretty much all summer, and no guy wants a girl friend that he can't physically be with. Unfortunately for you it's pretty much make or break, because if you don't make a move soon, you'll get friendzoned, but just for the future try and avoid getting in a relationship during the summer.

3rd You said you hung out with her, and her friend right? Are you on good terms with this friend of hers? Because if you are, then you can ask if she has a boyfriend. I'd recommend doing it this way, so it isn't awkward between the two of you if she does happen to have a boyfriend, but if she is as flirty as you say she is, then she probably doesn't, because I find girls with boyfriends tend to be more emotionally closed off toward other guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    A couple things.

1st off being blunt isn't necessarily a bad thing. People always seem to think you need to be super elaborate when all you need to do is be honest. 3 days ago I went over, talked to a complete stranger for 15 minutes, and I literally said, "Hey I really like you. You should give me your number, and we can go out." She smiled and gave me her number. Simple as heck.

2nd of all you said that she's going to be gone alot? I recently broke up with a girl, because she was gonna be gone pretty much all summer, and no guy wants a girl friend that he can't physically be with. Unfortunately for you it's pretty much make or break, because if you don't make a move soon, you'll get friendzoned, but just for the future try and avoid getting in a relationship during the summer.

3rd You said you hung out with her, and her friend right? Are you on good terms with this friend of hers? Because if you are, then you can ask if she has a boyfriend. I'd recommend doing it this way, so it isn't awkward between the two of you if she does happen to have a boyfriend, but if she is as flirty as you say she is, then she probably doesn't, because I find girls with boyfriends tend to be more emotionally closed off toward other guys.
    Well that's pretty much what I did to get her number. I agree with you that I would want to see her as much as I can because the idea of having a girlfriend is being with them. What basically happened was that I just went with them, they both wanted me to go so I went, I don't know if her friend setup the idea that I go with them because she was all bubbly when I went with her. I can't describe it but I know for sure this girl likes me, as an update I actually asked her out today over the phone. I am very happy right now