Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Farming Act 1 Inferno and loot

Hi all. I'm posting this here because the Blizz forums are filled with too many trolls and I will get some intelligent responses here.

Anyways I have been farming Act 1 Inferno for about a week now in hopes of getting some gold and items to sell on the AH and I have a few questions.

All (and I mean ALL) of the loot that has dropped from my warden/butcher runs has been vendor loot. It's becoming a bit disheartening that I will never get enough gold to progress into Act 2 at a decent pace.

So here are my questions...

Have you seen anything worthwhile drop from butcher/warden runs that you were able to sell for decent gold?

What is the best item you have seen from these runs?

Should I just wait for the patch and level another toon?

Is Whimseyshire (hell) more worthwhile in terms of gold to run instead of Act 1 Inferno?

Thanks for any halp
    Last edited by Beruwan; 2012-06-14 at 12:48 AM.

The best item I ever found dropped in act 2, with only 3 NV stacks and no MF. I sold it for 450k. Even with 5 stacks and 300+MF I have never found anything in act 1. I get 15-25 rares every run and they are all garbage. I gave up on whimsyshire as well. Seems like half the time I only get 1 rare and even when I get 4-5 it's all vendor trash.

Nothing is really worth it in act 1 inferno now since:
    Act 1 drop : 61/60/59 ans lower item level
    Act 2 ilvl 60 /61 /62
    Act 3 ilvl 61/62/63
    Act 4 ilvl 62/63
    So thing are getting cool at Ilvl 362 and dont drop at act 1 go try act 2 even if Blizz admitted it was a way harder then 1 and gonna smooth up the things.

Deleted
    farmed it now for a long time
    im on:
    7117 elites
    18.511.456 gold
    173.478 monsters

found 3 set items (2 on warden map from trash) and 5 Legendary

and always start from leorics map - dunno name in english and with 100+ magic find

BUT there are a lot good drops selling for 100-300k or more you just have to know what you can sell and whats garbage
    best are rings + amulets they sell always

i can farm easy zoltun kulle + belial with 5nv but warden + butchar give on the long run a lot more money + drops and i can watch a movie while farming

Deleted
    A good chunk of the rares I've found on my Butcher runs I've been able to sell in the AH for 5x-10x of their vendor price or more. If they vendor for around 1000 gold or less, it's not hard to sell them for 5000-10000 gold. Some I've sold for tens of thousands. The really bad level 60 rares I obviously salvage (mats are worth much more than the vendor price), and the really bad sub 60 rares I vendor.

Rings for example have a huge value sometimes even though they're level 51-55 or something like that. So do enchantress foci.

The Butcher runs will be worth it after the next patch. You can run Warden+Butcher and some 5-8 elite packs in 20-30 minutes. After the patch both the Butcher and Warden will still have one 100% rare drop, but so will all the elite packs. That's 7-10 assured rares, and if I'm not mistaken, they'll have a 2% chance to be the absolute best gear in the game after the next patch. At least the boss drops, and that's still at least two of them.

Seeing as how Butcher runs are hilariously easy though, this will mean a huge influx of highest ilvl items to the economy, as thousands of people will be running it. I don't mind, as perfect items will always keep their value. Getting a full six 90%+ or 95%+ perfect affixes on an item isn't going to happen every single day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazmodius View Post
    Act 2 ilvl 60 /61 /62
    Act 3 ilvl 61/62/63
    Act 4 ilvl 62/63
    So thing are getting cool at Ilvl 362 and dont drop at act 1 go try act 2 even if Blizz admitted it was a way harder then 1 and gonna smooth up the things.
    That'll change in the next patch though.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-06-14 at 12:35 AM.

I've gotten a couple of rares in the 500k to 800k range on Butcher runs. But most of my profit came in the form of selling a 30k item here, 50k item there. It adds up. Plus it's easy enough that even if you're not ready for Act 2, you can still throw on some MF gear for Butcher runs.

I run with about 200%mf total. I have found several upgrades for myself. Helmet (massive amount of int in it... i have hard time finding higher even with no restrictions from AH), chest, bracers, belt, shoulders, offhand and a ring, I think. Rest of the gear I have bought from AH or friend (who grinds act1 too) with the money I acquire from grinding.

I'm starting to move from grinding act1 to grind act2. From act2 I found myself weapon, but later I found really cheap upgrade in AH so I picked up that. Just saying that just by grinding act1, it is quite possible to get sufficient gear to safely start farming act2 (weapon might be questionable). Either drops, given enough grinding time, or money thats you acquire to spend in AH. Most of my items are from grinding, even if I didn't use AH at all.

I still do grind the area in act1 just after the spider cave up to butcher. I clear all the caves and specially the watch tower, if its there. One clear seems to be worth about 200-350k gold. .)

Also, dont ignore some of those blues. It doesn't always have to be rare. Lots of rares have lot of pointless stats on them.

Deleted
    I found a set piece and legendary crafting recipe in act 1, nothing of note in act 2, found a green set piece in act 3, can't kill champions in act IV amd I don't find the act fun at all not worth the effort imo since the same stuff drops in act 3 with much much less effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Beruwan View Post
    Hi all. I'm posting this here because the Blizz forums are filled with too many trolls and I will get some intelligent responses here.

Anyways I have been farming Act 1 Inferno for about a week now in hopes of getting some gold and items to sell on the AH and I have a few questions.

All (and I mean ALL) of the loot that has dropped from my warden/butcher runs has been vendor loot. It's becoming a bit disheartening that I will never get enough gold to progress into Act 2 at a decent pace.

So here are my questions...

Have you seen anything worthwhile drop from butcher/warden runs that you were able to sell for decent gold?

What is the best item you have seen from these runs?

Should I just wait for the patch and level another toon?

Is Whimseyshire (hell) more worthwhile in terms of gold to run instead of Act 1 Inferno?

Thanks for any halp
    I've had a lot of items that sold for 10-20k (so really bargin bin stuff), some other sold for 20-30k and only 2 items sold for a good amount of money.

Tal Rasha's Headpiece sold für 600k and one ring sold für 400k.

That's all Butcher drops, didn't count the rares I got on the way, though some of them might have sold for 10k-20k aswell.

I didn't do too many Butcher runs btw, maybe around 30.

So keep at it, maybe you'll get lucky aswell.

Btw: I did some Zoltun Kull and Magda runs in act 2 and they didn't really drop any better loot than the Butcher - and are much harder to farm because some of the elites are evil for my barb - . . . maybe I'm unlucky in that regard.

RNG will always be a factor. I'll admit that 50% of my gear is from the auction house, 2(I think) were crafted, and the remainder (almost) come from farming acts 2/3, but to this day I haven't seen a better chest drop, or been crafted, or been able to be upgraded on the AH for less that 10 million than the one I had drop midway through an act 1 farm I was doing with a mate weeks ago. Every act is meant to be a stepping stone, giving you just enough to move into the next act, and little more. Once in a while an item will drop that will drop your jaw, but that is rare, and working as intended. Keep in min that there is a clear difference between finishing an act, being able to kill 5 elite packs then a boss, and TRULY being able to farm it.

Oh, and something else to take note of, is ALWAYS salvage any unwanted lvl 60 blues, the mats are worth more than the items. Either by selling on the AH, trade, or using them to craft (there are many people who will craft 6 property items for a small price above the base cost, and while it can be a gamble, potentially some of the best items in the game come from these items)
    Last edited by Moist; 2012-06-14 at 10:13 AM.

Deleted
    I wouldn't count on getting any good weapons from Act I, but I've had few decent legendaries and plenty of amulets/rings with good rolls that have sold for anything up to 1.5 million.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazmodius View Post
    Act 2 ilvl 60 /61 /62
    Act 3 ilvl 61/62/63
    Act 4 ilvl 62/63
    yep they are changing it so that each time you have a yellow drop in ACT1 there is a 2% chance it's an Act 4 yellow so ilevel 63. and giving a 8%~ chance for act 3 gear and 10% chacne for act 2 or something similar there was a blog post about it a few days ago i will try to edit later with the link and the actual box as it showed current rates as well.

edit : link to blog http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262...eview-6_6_2012
    and the box for TLDR:
    Ilevel __ Hell______ Inferno
    ____ 3/4 _____ 1 ____ 2 ____ 3/4
    61 __ 9% ____ 18% __ 19% __ 24%
    62___ 2% ____ 8% ___ 12% __ 16%
    63___ 0% ____ 2% ___ 4% ___ 8%
    Cumulative chance for "good yellow" at each act
    ____ 11% __ 28% __ 35% __ 48%
    Last edited by mmoc1ace84aa42; 2012-06-14 at 11:05 AM.

Deleted
    Weapons wise atm there is nothing worthwhile in Act 1.

You can get good selling rings, amulets and other gear pieces for anywhere betwene 10k and several million.

You can also get, if really lucky, a set or legendary item that goes for anywhere between 10k and 10 million, again based on luck. I've literally gotten a useless legendary on one run worth no gold at all and seen my friend get an 8.5mil set pants off of the same area in the Butcher runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    still farming act1, need better gear to be able to take the elites in act2. but at least i can handle the fucking wasps now...
    usually butcher runs but i`m so damn bored of them...

been doing it for two weeks.

Are you people getting nice drops swapping in MF gear before stuff dies? I just find that stupid and refuse to do it and hope Blizzard fixes it to where you cant change gear in combat. Actually with all their farming nerfs I dont know why this hasnt been fixed yet.

Honestly? Go full MF/GF gear, and farm the shit out of Act III Hell
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Im in the same boat OP. Need the gold to buy stuff off the AH, but nothing that drops is worth a crap really. I usually go into a warden/butcher run ~100 MF before stacks. Post stacks and prior to Butcher I always put on a couple more MF items which will bring me around 220-230MF on the kill. The only items I have gotten that have sold for anything have been amulets/rings. I have had some basic blue rings sell for 35-40K easy. A couple of nice rares and I have netted about 250K off of a ring before.
    The only real profit I have made came from just watching the AH. I saw some 600+ armor boots for 90K buyout, and sold them for 750K. Also won the bid war for a nice 450+ armor helm for under 11K. Sold it for about 100K. At the moment just watching the AH is the only way I have really made any gold. It just doesnt help me when 1 piece (Im a Barb) runs me 7-11 mil. That much per upgrade is a bit much imo...

I gave up on farming Act 1, lately just been farming the Act 2 treasure goblin near the ancient path with much better results and a lot faster as well. Sure it's boring but until the next patch I don't see myself clearing Act 2(I play a Sword/Board Barb), as any upgrade for me costs at least 1million gold. Even for a decent weapon upgrade you will be paying at least 3+Million.

10+ Year Old Account
    i feel that if i make 1 more buther or sk run i`m gonna jump out the window.

gonna take a break... browse the forums and youtube searching for legit ways to make some gold.

Deleted
    You can be lucky to get some good amulets and rings in act 1 else it's waste of time. Go act 3

---------- Post added 2012-06-14 at 03:42 PM ----------

MF won't raise the Itlvl