Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    So gear which gives you these stats ain't bought from AH?
    Ah, I see now - you wrote no gear from RMAH.

Lol, with AH and lots of gold at disposal, ofc almost anyone can do Inferno.

So why should we nerf it than? the gear is out there, people need to stop being lazy wannabe facerollers in inferno, get the gear get the progression it goes hand in hand. Inferno can be argued it is too easy at this point. people have in massive numbers already beaten the game that should take months and years to beat and it hasnt even been out for a month yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    Hey guys,

Cleared act 4 as barb today, get better gear, stop the QQ and L2P. No use of RMAH, no use of troll kiting spec, all gold and gear farmed by me. Melee is not broken.

****EDIT**** wouldve downed him with five stacks but the fight is insanely long and boring making me die the first time due to being lulled into complacency plus getting stuck in terrain
    Not sure why you mention "no use of the RMAH" when the same, if not better in some cases gear is just as available for gold. Grats on not using the "troll" kiting spec, though that fact is impossible to prove without videos or even screenshots of your bar showing stacks . As for your five stacks of valor, that is also impossible to prove short of screenshots or videos, but you went ahead and threw some excuses in there as to why you DIDN'T have the stacks anyway. Even so, we all know it isn't possible to pick and choose which packs you fight to actually get those five stacks right? All in all, taking your previous posts into account, i'd say your post here is less designed to be about Barbarian viability in Inferno, and more designed to pick an e-fight with someone.

Deleted
    Gratz on beating the game, here is a cake for all your hard work. i couldnt get past belail or whatever his name is, played as a wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulostthegame View Post
    To all the people complaining about money, I'm fairly sure there was a video posted on Diablofans a while back of a guy clearing Act 1 and 2 with 1million worth of AH gear.
    To all the people speaking of killing storyline bosses as success - lot of white mobs are harder!

And sure I bought imba amulet with resists, armor and Life% for 100k (how "lucky" I was). However now I can't see even anything resembling what i wear at anything under 1 mil (per piece).

You can easily clear act 2 in act 2 gear, just you would spend ridiculous amounts of time trying to acquire it only through drops....i suggest getting a gold find set and buying the pieces, good act 2 type gear is only about 1- 1.5 mil a piece.

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 11:45 PM ----------

Sorry for using gold in a GAME WHERE DROPS RATES ARE BALANCED AROUND THE AH BEING USED...... playing the game as intended.
    people like to complain for the sake of complaining they personally think the game is broken when the bees in act 2 is just destroying them. Most that are looking to do Inferno act3+ in hardcore are doing it with act1 and act2 gear farming the living crap out of act2 for hours on end. once you are getting to the sweet spot ( takes time but it can be done with only act1 and act2 gear you will find that act2 is also trivial.

65k hp 1100 res all act2 is trivial and you can get gear close to these numbers no problem from act1 and act2 ilvl 62 or lower gear.

Hey guys,

Cleared act 4 as barb today, get better gear, stop the QQ and L2P. No use of RMAH, no use of troll kiting spec, all gold and gear farmed by me. Melee is not broken.

****EDIT**** wouldve downed him with five stacks but the fight is insanely long and boring making me die the first time due to being lulled into complacency plus getting stuck in terrain

Sooooo... what you are telling us is that you have alllllllll the time in the world to play diablo 3 and pretty much nothing else? And then you came here to gloat... cute. No one is saying the game is just broken in general, it's broken if anyone casual/semi-casual person wants to progress through inferno as a melee without buying gold or using the RMAH and spending ungoldy amounts of time. If you deny you spent a shit ton of time on it, you are either extremely lucky or have friends who were feeding you gear. Blizzard started catering to all gamer levels with wow, it will continue to do it for Diablo 3 (hence the 1.03 inferno nerf incoming), so on and so forth.

It was never this bad with wow though, I know they are different games but I feel right now in Diablo 3 playing as a Monk it's either A a huge time sink (time that I don't have) or I spend money on the RMAH (Which i refuse to do unless i find some kind of ungodly item for super cheap). Using 3 of my defensive abilities and running around like fucking retard is not akin to any of my play styles. Yeah i can do it, I did it in act 1/II but i grew increadingly tired of it in act 3 to the point where I started a OP demon hunter till they fix shit.

That said, grats on wasting your time when they are going to nerf the shit out of inferno and buff melee. /clap
    Last edited by scottalot; 2012-06-14 at 03:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatsthedillio View Post
    I suggest you stop assuming other people are retarded and have no idea what they're doing. The game is broken. Now that you finished, im sure youll say how easy it was and how its fine. Cool. You're the best player to ever play games ever.

btw how long did it take you to farm that 6 mil piece. how many other pieces did you buy?
    Well then that leaves you with one of these choices.......

1) "Im the best player ever" ...... doubt it
    2) People are bad <<<<<< probably this
    3) The game is broken...

If im not the best player ever, then the game cannot be broken>>>>> people need to L2P. Less QQ more pew pew.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    people like to complain for the sake of complaining they personally think the game is broken when the bees in act 2 is just destroying them. Most that are looking to do Inferno act3+ in hardcore are doing it with act1 and act2 gear farming the living crap out of act2 for hours on end. once you are getting to the sweet spot ( takes time but it can be done with only act1 and act2 gear you will find that act2 is also trivial.

65k hp 1100 res all act2 is trivial and you can get gear close to these numbers no problem from act1 and act2 ilvl 62 or lower gear.
    You absolutely can. But you're not farming gear, you're farming gold to get gear, unless you're either extremely lucky or don't ever go outside.

How many other companies could get away with releasing a game based on how much gold you can farm and get away with it

You absolutely can. But you're not farming gear, you're farming gold to get gear, unless you're either extremely lucky or don't ever go outside.

How many other companies could get away with releasing a game based on how much gold you can farm and get away with it
    I'm pretty sure every company in the world could since ya know...

That's what it's meant to be in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scottalot View Post
    Sooooo... what you are telling us is that you have alllllllll the time in the world to play diablo 3 and pretty much nothing else? And then you came here to gloat... cute. No one is saying the game is just broken in general, it's broken if anyone casual/semi-casual person wants to progress through inferno as a melee without buying gold or using the RMAH and spending ungoldy amounts of time. If you deny you spent a shit ton of time on it, you are either extremely lucky or have friends who were feeding you gear. Blizzard started catering to all gamer levels with wow, it will continue to do it for Diablo 3 (hence the 1.03 inferno nerf incoming), so on and so forth.

It was never this bad with wow though, I know they are different games but I feel right now in Diablo 3 playing as a Monk it's either A a huge time sink (time that I don't have) or I spend money on the RMAH (Which i refuse to do unless i find some kind of ungodly item for super cheap). Using 3 of my defensive abilities and running around like fucking retard is not akin to any of my play styles. Yeah i can do it, I did it in act 1/II but i grew increadingly tired of it in act 3 to the point where I started a OP demon hunter till they fix shit.

That said, grats on wasting your time when they are going to nerf the shit out of inferno and buff melee. /clap
    Inferno is not meant for casual gameplay...... dont use the BS wow reasoning either.... YOU SAW ALL THE CONTENT already.

Quote Originally Posted by Flappy View Post
    I'm pretty sure every company in the world could since ya know...

That's what it's meant to be in the first place.
    a gold farming game?

a gold farming game?
    Don't forget treasure goblins! why gain stacks of valor when you and a group of your friends can just chain leave games until someone finds a goblin (or a resplendent chest!) When the most effective way to progress is to avoid as many mobs as possible until you outgear them by gobo hunting and making trades on outside forums such as JSP, something is probably a little unbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    So why should we nerf it than? the gear is out there, people need to stop being lazy wannabe facerollers in inferno, get the gear get the progression it goes hand in hand. Inferno can be argued it is too easy at this point. people have in massive numbers already beaten the game that should take months and years to beat and it hasnt even been out for a month yet.
    Because gear is provided mostly by ranged classes. It's not about faceroll - it's about farming gold, cause farming gear is not realistic. But when you buy that gear to progress, it doesn't feel like accomplishment.

And it feels awkward to buy gear to be able to progress and constantly see mobs dropping such craaaap.

It's not about being lazy. Sure I can go bananas farming some area/Act for gold hundreds of times. But it would feel better that if some Inferno champ pack I died 100 times to which, would drop something useful to at least my alts in Nightmare/Hell mode. It would give real wish to progress, and sense in item-farming. Right now - it is farm gold wherever you can farm it faster, then buy gear and kill mobs you couldn't kill before just for the feeling of satisfaction.

Also no game ever took monthes and years to beat (not speaking of MMORPGs with their gating, patches etc.). By monthes I assume 200+ hours of gameplay. To gather BiS gear or in other way maximize your character - maybe, to beat - lol no.

Hey guys,

Post link to video and spec......personally i think this is bs just something wanting to have his 15mins of fame.

edit: highly dought you didn't use the AH and ya RMAH has only been up like 2 days so not many have used it. dought you farmed all you gear yourself and didn't kite things my main is a barb there is 0% change you finished all of inferno without at lease using the Gold AH cause drops are shit...unless you got super lucky getting all the upgrades you needed as you went along.

as i said video or it didn't happen.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-06-14 at 04:11 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Because gear is provided mostly by ranged classes. It's not about faceroll - it's about farming gold, cause farming gear is not realistic. But when you buy that gear to progress, it doesn't feel like accomplishment.

And it feels awkward to buy gear to be able to progress and constantly see mobs dropping such craaaap.

It's not about being lazy. Sure I can go bananas farming some area/Act for gold hundreds of times. But it would feel better that if some Inferno champ pack I died 100 times to which, would drop something useful to at least my alts in Nightmare/Hell mode. It would give real wish to progress, and sense in item-farming. Right now - it is farm gold wherever you can farm it faster, then buy gear and kill mobs you couldn't kill before just for the feeling of satisfaction.

Also no game ever took monthes and years to beat (not speaking of MMORPGs with their gating, patches etc.). By monthes I assume 200+ hours of gameplay. To gather BiS gear or in other way maximize your character - maybe, to beat - lol no.
    At my point, farming gold is pointless, since my gear upgrades are min 8-10 mill range.... So im actually farming for items not gold

---------- Post added 2012-06-14 at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Post link to video and spec......personally i think this is bs just something wanting to have his 15mins of fame.
    Check first page bruh...... has pics of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    How is your Damage possibly that low? are you in a MF suit or something? Shouldnt a barb killing Diablo inferno have like 20k damage even using a 1 hander?
    you've been playign ranged classes too much.

Hey guys,

Sorry, not everyone has millions of gold to spend on gear, or a ranged class to farm act3 for gear. This isn't a "l2p" problem, it's a melee balancing problem.

Melee is "broken" in the fact that they're forced to have tons of perfectly-itemized gear just to survive (and have low damage) while ranged can lol through inferno in magics and a couple rares by going all glass-cannon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

No offense to you, Aurus. Your accomplishment can be applauded, but it doesn't mean that melee currently are not broken.

By broken I mean - can't do anything serious in Inferno without addressing the AH (and it means not just addressing, but buying items there for almost each gear slot to progress, and that gear, unless you are lucky with some sellers, costs a lot). While ranged, even if they really feel need to use AH, can get away with couple millions top.

At my point, farming gold is pointless, since my gear upgrades are min 8-10 mill range.... So im actually farming for items not gold

---------- Post added 2012-06-14 at 12:10 AM ----------

Check first page bruh...... has pics of stuff.
    except you still had to farm gold to get gear to get to that point. I love how every time you post, you take a tiny snippet of someones post out of context and ignore everything else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulostthegame View Post
    To all the people complaining about money, I'm fairly sure there was a video posted on Diablofans a while back of a guy clearing Act 1 and 2 with 1million worth of AH gear.
    Zrave did that sure.
    Problem is tho, that was also pretty much all act 3/4 gear (not everything, but mostly).
    The game is supposed to be balanced around not using the AH at all, yet people who completed stuff did have gear they would normally not.
    All that gear came from Wizards/Demonhunters who had invincibility skillsets.
    People that think there is a balance in progression atm simply overlook the fact that people completed inferno with gear they should not have.
    I think Hardcore is the perfect example of how flawed the progression curve is atm, they don't farm goblins for days for no reason after all and still getting raped in act 3.
    There is no doubt that patch 1.0.3 will tone down difficulty a lot, but in the end that will be closer to a real linear progression, not getting a complete new difficulty each new act.