Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    I am Murloc! ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    5,170
    For me it's not that black and white but I'll try

    1.One of your enemies - Slide
    2.Multiple of your enemies - Slide
    3.A random innocent (you do not recognize) - Slide
    4.A large group of random innocents - Slide
    5.A person who you recognize (met before, and don't dislike) - Slide
    6.A large crowd people you recognize - Slide
    7.A friend - first hard choice, slide unless he/she has saved my life before
    8.A large group of your friends - slide (same as above)
    9.A close friend, loved one, or family member - that really depends on who it is. If it's siblings, slide, parents knife.
    10.A large amount of your close friends, loved ones, or family members - same as above, if there are ones that matter to me or that I owe my life to (like parents) knife, otherwise slide.
    11.A large group of all the above combined totaling to an uncountable number but all the recognizable faces can be seen clearly. (excludes enemies) - If I don't recognize anyone I truly care about among them, slide, otherwise knife.
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

  2. #22
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,698
    Slide for all, I care way to much about myself.

  3. #23
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,143
    The problem with the question is that if you would answer Knife for any of them, then you should answer Knife for the first one. The reason is because you can be shown multiple slides on the screen. If the first one is an enemy and you Slide him, the next one is two of your friends and you hesitantly Slide them, then the next is 100 random innocents that you VERY hesitantly Slide, and then the NEXT one is a slide with your Wife, Kids, and Parents.... now you say Knife, killing yourself AND you've caused the death of 100 innocents and 2 friends for nothing.

    Therefore, if you would Knife for someone, you should immediately answer Knife.

  4. #24
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,306
    You never know what you would do until you're faced with the situation, it's like people who say if there was an emergency I'd run around saving people and being the hero yet they're more likely just to freeze in shock and do nothing :>

  5. #25
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,143
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    You never know what you would do until you're faced with the situation, it's like people who say if there was an emergency I'd run around saving people and being the hero yet they're more likely just to freeze in shock and do nothing :>
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit."

    I'd run.

  6. #26
    Scarab Lord Noobadin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,004
    1.One of your enemies - Slide
    2.Multiple of your enemies - Slide
    3.A random innocent (you do not recognize) - Slide
    4.A large group of random innocents - Slide
    5.A person who you recognize (met before, and don't dislike) - Slide
    6.A large crowd people you recognize - Slide
    7.A friend - Knife
    8.A large group of your friends - Knife
    9.A close friend, loved one, or family member - Knife
    10.A large amount of your close friends, loved ones, or family members - Knife
    11.A large group of all the above combined totaling to an uncountable number but all the recognizable faces can be seen clearly. (excludes enemies) - Knife

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    What is with the ten gazillion moral dilemma posts in the last few days, has a new movie or documentary come out in the states about this topic or something?
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

  8. #28
    I don't think can answer those questions. I keep thinking "how do we know these people aren't alreay dead"? We are just assuming that they are alive because we see video of them but that may not be the case. If they are already dead then why bother but if they are not can I live with myself knowing I aided in killing someone? I want to live but if I have to live the rest of my life with guilty over causing the death of someone can I call that really living? So will chose the third unlisted option and say nothing because there seems to be no penalty for that.

  9. #29
    Stood in the Fire MmoFanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    368
    Yep i would pick Slide Everytime

  10. #30
    here is a scenario, a man walks in front of you with a screen in the knife,
    you lost me here

    also i must be stupid because ur whole post is gibberish

  11. #31
    Dreadlord I Knew It's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    894
    1.One of your enemies - Slide
    2.Multiple of your enemies - Slide
    3.A random innocent (you do not recognize) - Knife
    4.A large group of random innocents - Knife
    5.A person who you recognize (met before, and don't dislike) - Knife
    6.A large crowd people you recognize - Knife
    7.A friend - Knife
    8.A large group of your friends - Knife
    9.A close friend, loved one, or family member - Knife
    10.A large amount of your close friends, loved ones, or family members - Knife
    11.A large group of all the above combined totaling to an uncountable number but all the recognizable faces can be seen clearly. (excludes enemies) - Knife

    3 was a difficult one for me to decide on but the rest was pretty clear cut.
    Last edited by I Knew It; 2012-06-14 at 05:17 PM.

  12. #32
    1.One of your enemies - Slide
    2.Multiple of your enemies - Slide
    3.A random innocent (you do not recognize) - Slide
    4.A large group of random innocents - Slide
    5.A person who you recognize (met before, and don't dislike) - Knife
    6.A large crowd people you recognize - Knife
    7.A friend - Knife
    8.A large group of your friends - Knife
    9.A close friend, loved one, or family member - Knife
    10.A large amount of your close friends, loved ones, or family members - Knife
    11.A large group of all the above combined totaling to an uncountable number but all the recognizable faces can be seen clearly. (excludes enemies) - Knife

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    ...a man walks in front of you with a screen in the knife...
    Wait, what?

    Nah just kidding, I know what you mean.

    I'd slide 1 and 2. Knife rest.

  14. #34
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    551
    Slide them all, I value my life more than anyone else's.

  15. #35
    Elemental Lord Gheld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,781
    I would refuse to play.

  16. #36
    Herald of the Titans Santti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,817
    1-11. Knife.

    I've actually been thinking about this quite a lot. If given the chance, I would go for the knife, always. I don't value my life one bit, but respect others will to live.

  17. #37
    Knife on all of them. I value myself very highly. But I am not arrogant in that value I put on myself. By saying slide to any of those questions I become a person of no value, because true value in your self comes from valuing those around you and showing appreciation for all things, not just yourself. So say slide means you have no self value because with each persons life you destroy, no matter how small it may seem to you, you lessen the person you are by becoming your enemies. By killing a friend, you are not a true friend to them and lessen yourself in that way. The only way to have any sense of value for yourself is through sacrifice, even for those who don't deserve the sacrifice.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Varangian View Post
    I know plenty of vile men who deserve punishment for their crimes but killing them is certainly not the answer. And if they don't deserve to die than I can't say that any of the other options deserve to either.

    Call me crazy but it would be "knife" in all situations. Unless it was a slow painful death. I can't tell you how I would react then.
    So what do those vile men deserve? You say they deserve punishment, but what punishment? Jail isn't really a punishment. It's a hotel you can't stay. All of your meals, recreation needs, medical expenses, etc. are taken care of by the tax payers. You have to contribute literally nothing and all your necessities and luxuries are handed to you. That's not really punishment.

    If anything, I think crime is far too lenient in terms of how we treat our prisoners. As far as I'm concerned, repeat offenders and any crime over 10 years should be the death penalty as those people stand very little chance or rehabilitation and being able to reenter society. Why pay for those that are a drain on society with no hope for improving it that repeatedly go out of their way to actually make it worse for others?

    As for the OP's question;

    Slide on 1-8, Knife on 9-11 As for the 7 and 8 ones, yes it would be hard to lose friends, but considering they're not that close due to 9 being close friends, I'd say they're relatively not that good of friends based on my personal standard of what true friendship means. A friend to me is just someone you occasionally see and talk to. A close friend is someone you'd do anything for. That's why the friends get the slide, but the others I'd take the knife for.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadraline View Post
    Knife on all of them. I value myself very highly. But I am not arrogant in that value I put on myself. By saying slide to any of those questions I become a person of no value, because true value in your self comes from valuing those around you and showing appreciation for all things, not just yourself. So say slide means you have no self value because with each persons life you destroy, no matter how small it may seem to you, you lessen the person you are by becoming your enemies. By killing a friend, you are not a true friend to them and lessen yourself in that way. The only way to have any sense of value for yourself is through sacrifice, even for those who don't deserve the sacrifice.
    That's a pretty naive world view that your only worth as a person is to sacrifice yourself. I'm glad to know that everyone that's ever gone out of their way to sacrifice eating so their child could eat has no value unless they're willing to die. I'm glad that anyone that's ever developed a medical cure has no value in your eyes because they didn't sacrifice themselves.

    It's honestly not hard to sacrifice yourself for a group. It's much more valuable to contribute to society on the whole then it is to jump in front of a bullet to play the hero while having contributed nothing.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2012-06-14 at 05:32 PM.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    The problem with the question is that if you would answer Knife for any of them, then you should answer Knife for the first one. The reason is because you can be shown multiple slides on the screen. If the first one is an enemy and you Slide him, the next one is two of your friends and you hesitantly Slide them, then the next is 100 random innocents that you VERY hesitantly Slide, and then the NEXT one is a slide with your Wife, Kids, and Parents.... now you say Knife, killing yourself AND you've caused the death of 100 innocents and 2 friends for nothing.

    Therefore, if you would Knife for someone, you should immediately answer Knife.
    Exactly. Knife all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

  20. #40
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,398
    Slide, Slide, Knife. If you think you can.

    Terror is not a weapon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    you lost me here

    also i must be stupid because ur whole post is gibberish
    once you've posted on a message board for a while you learn how to speak bad english

    here, allow me;

    "A man walks onto a screen (presumably, of a type of monitor or TV) with a knife."
    they say that doors open up soon as you find the missing key
    that’s probably why I’m in this bitch shining
    jump up in the sky and put the stars into alignment
    I rep the ATF in case you need to be reminded
    and the bandwagon's full but you can try an' run behind it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •