Deleted

[Resto] glyph choices for MoP pvp

The talent calculator for mist just got an update with the new glyphs and talents. I am noticing an issue with the current glyphs and that is that there is zero choice involved.

Current mandatory gyphs for resto:
    -Blooming
    -Lifebloom
    -Barkskin

You will need those in order to be viable. This while there are load of good talent out there, but you just can't pick em and still think to win at any kind of pvp. Do you guys feel this is an issue?

Other glyphs which could be awesome for pvp, but which you can't pick are:
    -Prowl
    -Cyclone
    -Entangling Roots
    -Fae silence
    -Might of ursoc
    -Nature's Grasp
    -Regrowth
    -Stampede
    -Master shapshifter

It just feels like we should have more glyph slots or more glyphs made baseline like prowl and lifebloom.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd argue that blooming is your optional one there, lifebloom glyph suggests you'll be keeping it rolling anyway . . .
    I'd be tempted to rock with regrowth for the 100% crit chance for crutch heals. . ..

Deleted
    Imo you will need to let lifebloom bloom in situations with very high incoming damage, but you can't do this without glyph of blooming. Glyph of Lifebloom is needed for when the opposing team desides to switch target.
    Last edited by mmoc19d4ea8031; 2012-06-14 at 09:41 AM.

With the current throughput, those glyphs would be nobrainers. They still probably will be, but I don't know if we need the Glyph of Lifebloom now. Our throuhgput is so buffed it might not even be needed. Going with Fae Silence or Cyclone can be viable but it depends so much on our throughput with full pvp gear at level 90.

I'm most likely going with Blooming, Lifebloom and Barkskin at start, but if I notice that I don't need that much defensive abilities, I'll change Lifebloom to Fae Silence. You just have to remember that going for cyclones as resto druid is much more effective in terms of healing that casting real heals. Time will tell though.

Edit: Glyph of Blooming is a must always. Letting that lifebloom bloom is crucial in getting heals with lifebloom as it heals even more than the hot portion of the spell.
    Last edited by Alzu; 2012-06-14 at 11:42 AM.