Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Statistically it would be very unlikely--almost impossible--for life not to exist in many other areas of the universe.

However, at the same time, it's also statistically unlikely that any have travelled to or communicated with us.

Deleted
    Basically, evidence would be too hard to grasp. People who could confirm anything are only the scientists and we all know what they're like. They deny everything that's not in line with their theories, they change their mind only when they are bombarded with evidence that prove them wrong. Also, people are automatically closed minded and would search for explanations from so called "educated" people, who are in other words just simple theorists, that really know just things that were theorized in the past. They have a saying, the most simple theory is the one that's right, at least until it's proven wrong. Even if they film another 100.000.000 UFO sightings, a lot of people would deny them, because our mind works that way, it's hard for a person to open up his mind to things that "educated" science thought them to be not true.

And when you have NASA Astronauts saying, they saw UFOs in space, that were not known objects like meteorites and such you know, that some people know something. Isn't it strange that when a pilot of an airplane claims he saw a UFO, has to file a report to their government? Aliens are out there, 100%, the most funny thing about all this is, that even the water, which is believed to be our starting point is not from planet Earth, so are we in fact aliens to this planet as well?

I think all problems have two solutions: a practical solution, and an academic solution.

For example if the question is: "train1 has 500,000 apples, and train2 has 500,000 apples, and they unload those apples at your house, how many apples do you have?"
    The academic answer is 1,000,000 apples.
    The practical answer is some apples will be damaged during unloading process, some will spoil before you get rid of them - so in effect you're getting garbage in addition to apples. So if your house was a store where you sold apples, the answer may be about 900,000 apples, and some garbage (assuming 10% loss)

As per aliens:
    Academic answer seems to say 'chances are, they exist'.
    Practical answer is: 'from our point of view, they don't exist, we won't find any in our lifetime, and if they find us - than we won't exist (maybe we would exist, but only as pets)'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Basically, evidence would be too hard to grasp. People who could confirm anything are only the scientists and we all know what they're like. They deny everything that's not in line with their theories, they change their mind only when they are bombarded with evidence that prove them wrong. Also, people are automatically closed minded and would search for explanations from so called "educated" people, who are in other words just simple theorists, that really know just things that were theorized in the past. They have a saying, the most simple theory is the one that's right, at least until it's proven wrong. Even if they film another 100.000.000 UFO sightings, a lot of people would deny them, because our mind works that way, it's hard for a person to open up his mind to things that "educated" science thought them to be not true.

And when you have NASA Astronauts saying, they saw UFOs in space, that were not known objects like meteorites and such you know, that some people know something. Isn't it strange that when a pilot of an airplane claims he saw a UFO, has to file a report to their government? Aliens are out there, 100%, the most funny thing about all this is, that even the water, which is believed to be our starting point is not from planet Earth, so are we in fact aliens to this planet as well?
    A lot of those scientists actually believe aliens exist, and I'm pretty sure if they could get the evidence to back it up, they would release it, earning the millions.

There hasn't been a single UFO sighting with actual evidence (no blurry pictures aren't evidence).

I'm pretty sure aliens exist somewhere, but I don't believe they have visited us, and if they ever will (unlikely) then it will be too big to hide.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Yes, they do exist.

No, we won't ever encounter them.

Deleted
    You know, all those " Spacecraft, fighting each others, pewpew DEATH BURN BURN, destruction of all planet " is so childish and silly, unintelligent.... this won't give you the real answer of the meaning of life. Humans, doesn't even know why they are living... This overpopulation is just used to destroy Mother earth life and her babies.

A-lien in french, coz it's a french word, means "cut-link". It doesn't mean " extra terrestrial ", it means cut of " Cosmos, Nature, Soul, love, yourself * " etc...

Conterpart is " al-lié " means link with *

So humans are already a-lienated. We are alien. Re-al-ity is the same crap... It means rectification, modification, of origin-al, of the truth. Reality means creation of the lie...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Gohan View Post
    For over a century lot of UFO's has been spotted across the globe.
    The existence of aliens is not predicated upon any UFO sightings. The law of big numbers says that aliens most likely exist, but that doesn't mean any UFO claims are true.

Of course aliens, as in the little green men who abduct and anally probe people exist. They just happen to only appear in front of people who have bad cameras, and are terrible at using them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    You know, all those " Spacecraft, fighting each others, pewpew DEATH BURN BURN, destruction of all planet " is so childish and silly, unintelligent.... this won't give you the real answer of the meaning of life. Humans, doesn't even know why they are living... This overpopulation is just used to destroy Mother earth life and her babies.

A-lien in french, coz it's a french word, means "cut-link". It doesn't mean " extra terrestrial ", it means cut of " Cosmos, Nature, Soul, love, yourself * " etc...

Conterpart is " al-lié " means link with *

So humans are already a-lienated. We are alien. Re-al-ity is the same crap... It means rectification, modification, of origin-al, of the truth. Reality means creation of the lie...
    I'll take what he's having
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    Of course aliens, as in the little green men who abduct and anally probe people exist. They just happen to only appear in front of people who have bad cameras, and are terrible at using them.
    LOL
    Thanks for a good laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    Or have been taking too many hallucinogenic pills and think the lightshade in their room is a space-ship and the lightbulb is a tractor beam.

Deleted
    Alien: Something strange, out-of-this-world.

Size of everything around our little planet: Beyond any comprehension.

Probability of said "aliens" existing: 99.infinite %

I see aliens everyday. They wait on my corner for someone to pick them to work for the day.

There's no knowing for sure but the odds are in our favor that there are aliens. The universe is so unimaginably large that at some point there is going to be the ideal "Earth-like" planet out there.

For over a century lot of UFO's has been spotted across the globe. And some people believes that Aliens are inside UFO's and Certain people even says that they have seen aliens coming out of UFO's . Without any proper evidence we cant tell whether those things are truth or spoofs or rumours .

Guys what do u think,
    1. Do u really believe in alien stuff ?
    2. If yes why ? and if no why ?
    3. What is your theory regarding aliens and UFO's ?
    4. Do u have any evidence to show that whether aliens exists or not ?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
    There is plenty of anecdotal evidence around the world for UFOs. Unfortunately, all of it is inconclusive at best. REAL evidence has not been found, since UFOs and aliens tend to be a product of imagination and wishful thinking. Do I think there is extra terrestrial life out in the universe? I do, since it's been shown that life here on earth originated from outer space. It's not only possible that life exists elsewhere, it's highly probable.

However, I don't think that 'aliens' are going to be the kind that we see on TV.

The only "sensible" reason to believe no alien life forms exists in the space would be a religious one. "We are the chosen species of X and were made for Y!" shizzle.

The logical thinking can only come out with one conclusion. With the infinite size of the universe filled with bazillions upon bazillions of star systems and galaxies chances that we here would be the only living and thinking being is rather idiotic.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aliens exsist
    but there not on earth, there not probing people, there's no such thing as flying saucers, the universe is to big, how could they ever find us?

And some people believes that Aliens are inside UFO's and Certain people even says that they have seen aliens coming out of UFO's .
    I do believe that there is intelligent life, other than us, in this universe.

As for them visiting earth, I'll leave you with this quote I found a long time ago....

If aliens are smart enough to travel through space, why do they keep abducting the dumbest people on earth?
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

There are LOT´s of UFO´s, tho they have nothing to do with aliens.
    UFO simply means "unidentified flying object", which actually is true if the observer cant identify it.

Sure there are Aliens somewhere in the univerese. There is no evidence but a very HIGH probability. since there are myriads of galaxies, chances are high that somewhere in the universe settings are good for life to develop.

However chances of one of us meeting an alien are about 0, since if there is life, it is probably millions of lightyears away, so it would take us millions of years to get there and vice versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course aliens exist. But the fact that the universe is so large makes it almost impossible that we will ever meet them. To even reach the nearest habitable world would take thousands of years.
    Aye mate