Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Theres not enough proof that they have visited. Do you know how easy it is to fake a UFO sighting? Throwing frisbees and taking a picture was all the rage once upon a time. I'm open minded about other life existing on other planets though.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole alien theory is like Schrodinger's cat, we will never know what is out there until we advance enough to go and see it for ourselves.
    If there are aliens out there I think they are just like us (Not looks obviously) in that they evolved just like we did, their technology advanced basically the same rate as us. We always assume that they are highly advanced, but they could just as easily be less advanced than we are depending on when their evolution started.

In a way I don't want us to create a way for easy space travel because I know that if we do discover an alien race, we would just attack them and try to steal their land. We can't even survive with the other human races on our own planet, how would we do it with an alien? Take the movie Avatar for example, yes I know it's just a movie but it has a good point. They have something we need, so we may as well just exterminate this entire new race to get it.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-06-14 at 01:20 PM.

1. Do u really believe in alien stuff ? Yes, maybe not the UFO's that have landed on earth but i believe they exsist.

2. If yes why ? and if no why ? Because the universe is so damn big the chance of us being alone with this kind of enviorment and possibility of life is near zero.

3. What is your theory regarding aliens and UFO's ? Don't have one.

4. Do u have any evidence to show that whether aliens exists or not ? Nope.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Simply because otherwise the universe would be the biggest waste of space ever.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted
    Aliens exists, they visit me every sunday, they like my grandma apple pie, they are really nice aliens, (their spaceship looks badass)

The space is big enough to make everything possible, EVERYTHING, no doubt there is another planet just like ours, with identical genetics and technology, with the same Elvis Presley.

But I don't think they will ever waste their time to visit us, we only destroy, we are like a poo in the universe, who wants to visit a poo?

Research facility alien guy: Sir we found another civilized planet!
    Alien captain: Does they meet the requirements?
    Research guy: Yes sir they discovered the nuclear fuzion
    Alien captain: That's great, and where did they tested it?
    Research guy: On their planet.
    Alien captain: Oh....stupid fools, they have no idea what they just did....change the route, find another planet
    Last edited by mmoc8074a63514; 2012-06-14 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RüneRS View Post
    Aliens exsist
    but there not on earth, there not probing people, there's no such thing as flying saucers, the universe is to big, how could they ever find us?
    To answer that question, if they do in fact exist, because our scientists are going out of their way to send messages to them.

I will not dispute that there is the possibility of life on other planets, however another matter would be the circumstances under which this life developed.

For example: Most changes to a species occur for the sake of survival. If a life form were to exist on a planet where it had no competition whatsoever, who is to say it would ever become anything higher than a single-celled organism?

Likewise, who is to say we wouldn't be the more "advanced" species?

Deleted
    There is an uncoutable amount of stars out there in the universe ... latest research have shown that about 40-50% of those stars have planets ... a percentage i cannot recall right know is habitable to earth-like life. and others may harbor life that is entirely different to ours.

also the universe is about 12-13 billion years old ... earth only is 4 billion years old and human civilization have existed for about 5000 years ...
    there has to be intelligent life out there that is far older than mankind and thus have far superior technology ... for me there is no reason to believe that we were to intelligent race to emerge simply because the universe is so vast and huge.

and if there are superior alien races it might be possible that they can perform interstellar travel. if they can ... well ... now i don't agree with that UFO stuff.
    I would love to believe it, but i think that Steven Hawking is right when he says that meeting a superior alien species will be about as bad for us as the landing of the europeans in america was for the natives ... if not worse.

There are only 2 reasons for superior races to travel to space ...
    1. expansion ... because their home planet got to small for the amout of beings they are ... so they need additional space, and if habitable planets for them are scarce or too far away to reach, but earch is in range ... they will likely wipe us out to use our planet.

2. raw materials and minerals ... they have used all of their natural ressources and are bound to find new ressources ... simply imagine the iraq war in greater dimension ... it's like fighting for oil.

There might be a third scenario where the aliens are peaceful and willing to share their technology and so on with us, but for that they would have to have solved problems like wasting natural resources, feeding their people and overpopulation ... even for a superior race that task can be unmanagable.

---------- Post added 2012-06-14 at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    To answer that question, if they do in fact exist, because our scientists are going out of their way to send messages to them.
    well ... we are sending out radio waves for about 50 years now ... which mean that those radio wave haven't hit any other habitable planet by now ...
    also the seti-project is searching for radio waves or the like that come from outer space and hit our planet ... the problem with that is that radio waves don't travel that fast ... communicating with another intelligent race would take years, centuries to simply pass on one sentence and we'd have to wait for centuries to get an answer that way ...

Likewise, who is to say we wouldn't be the more "advanced" species?
    i guess a race that is able to travel to other planets (in the case of UFOs) might be the more advanced .. ^^

To everyone that says that aliens don't exist, you are dumb. Really fucking dumb. How can you possibly believe that Earth is the only planet in the whole fucking universe that can hold life?..

1. Ofc aliens exist, but have they visited us? Maybe, for all we know, they might have created us I personally believe we have been visited several times, mostly because I have seen a few UFO's myself. Yes, some can be explained, but there is stuff that can't be explained

I remember when I was 7 (I think it was, not 100% sure.), I was in the living room with my mum, when I went over to the window where I saw a relatively big metal-black-ish round dot in the sky, over the fjord. (I live in Norway, and from our living room we have a really good view out over a fjord.) It was moving kinda slow, and it caught my interest so I started to watch it. I first thought it was an airplane or helicopter, but it keep flying over the fjord, and it flew from one end of it to the other. After about 5 minutes or so, another one appeared. So now I was watching two of those objects and I said to my mum, "Mum come and see! It's a spaceship!", she started to laugh at me, but she came over to me so that she could see this "spaceship" herself. She didn't say a word when she saw the two objects. She was all quiet. After about 1 or 2 minutes one more appeared. All of them were moving slowly over the fjord. They came closer and went further away, and came closer again, before they stopped right about in the middle of the fjord. 2 more appeared after a while, and I told my mum to find the camera, so that we could take pictures and show my dad, but she didn't find the camera before one of the objects vanished. It vanished just as fast as it had appeared, and when the first one vanished, two more did right after. The two that was left, started to move again, but this time they moved further and further away, then one vanished. My mum only managed to get a picture of one. But then it was so far away, it's just a tiny black spot in the upper left corner of the picture.
    It was around 12 or 1 in the day, so most people was at school or work. I was home with my mum this day, because I was sick and my mum was home with me to take care of me.

SORRY FOR WALL OF TEXT BTW, but this is basically the reason why I believe aliens have visited us several times. Because what me and my mum saw that day, can't be explained.

For those of you who are to lazy to read all of the above, here is the short story.
    >Be 7
    >Sick, home with mother
    >See UFO over the fjord.
    >Several UFO's appears.
    >Mother is slow with camera
    >Get shitty pic of only one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Of course aliens exist. But the fact that the universe is so large makes it almost impossible that we will ever meet them. To even reach the nearest habitable world would take thousands of years.
    yes, with our means of traveling ... a more advanced race could be able to bend space time and thus saving alot of time traveling

steven hawking once said that the energy needed to create an artifical worm hole would be enormous and that only a sun could provide the power needed to fulfill such a task ... but he also said that it might be possible ...

i think that as long as we don't know that something is FOR SURE absolutely not possible we are not to count out the possibility of the unimaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    yes, with our means of traveling ... a more advanced race could be able to bend space time and thus saving alot of time traveling

steven hawking once said that the energy needed to create an artifical worm hole would be enormous and that only a sun could provide the power needed to fulfill such a task ... but he also said that it might be possible ...

i think that as long as we don't know that something is FOR SURE absolutely not possible we are not to count out the possibility of the unimaginable.
    You sound like a cool guy. I like you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makamoka View Post
    To everyone that says that aliens don't exist, you are dumb. Really fucking dumb. How can you possibly believe that Earth is the only planet in the whole fucking universe that can hold life?..

1. Ofc aliens exist, but have they visited us? Maybe, for all we know, they might have created us I personally believe we have been visited several times, mostly because I have seen a few UFO's myself. Yes, some can be explained, but there is stuff that can't be explained
    I'm that kind of guy who belive in MATRIX, I always wonder, what about if I die and wake up and find out it was just a dream, the whole life was just a dream, a video game....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexFluffyBunny View Post
    I'm that kind of guy who belive in MATRIX, I always wonder, what about if I die and wake up and find out it was just a dream, the whole life was just a dream, a video game....
    i'd hope that i've enjoyed that game ... if i had to play it for so long i would feel f*cked if it wasn't any fun ^^
    nah ... just kidding ... as i mentioned above ...

Quote Originally Posted by Myself
    as long as we don't know that something is FOR SURE absolutely not possible we are not to count out the possibility of the unimaginable

Religions make me think "Aliens exist". One day they will come and say *Troll*.
    Last edited by sabe; 2012-06-14 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexFluffyBunny View Post
    It's a scary though. And we can't know for sure either.

Aliens may exist. I'm not going to go the whole 9 yards with 'infinite possibility' logic and so on, because then you're reaching into the realms of faith under the guide of probability and presumption. If you say "In an infinite universe, of course Aliens exist!", then there's nothing to stop others from using the 'Infinite universe' argument to support other beings/participants of existence, such as gods. The universe might be never-ending, or seem that way, but it does not mean aliens exist, however infinite the chance may be. If/when we do discover any, then we can say "Aliens exist", but not a moment before.

Here's a nice vid on the subject : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw8dcb8iKSM
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

My personal opinion is thus

First you need to define what you mean by alien. The sun could be described as a form of life and we know for certain there are billions of stars. If you mean an organism like a plant then we also know that other galaxies contain the same building blocks as our planet so it could be almost certain that other "life forms" exist. Where it gets complicated is when you talk about alien life as a consciousness. As Michio explains we know very little about consiousness http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT1vxEpE1aI Whoever you are reading this, you cannot even prove that I and everybody else exists let alone an alien life on another planet. All you can prove is that you alone exist "Cogito ergo sum"

Aliens pretty sure exists, but there is a question: did they visited us before?

Well more I think and calculate and dip myself into physics, more I believe that it is impossible to travel such great distances (between stars) in normal time. Some may say that wormholes may exists, but problem is that wormholes would destroy anything coming close. Travelling with conventional motors is out of equation and even if some we had good engines, problem is that we would need much more speed than speed of light to travel efficiently around universe. Reaching light speed is impossible so travelling without shortcuts s out of equation too. Only thing left are now wormholes or something similar but I doubt it is even possible.

YEs there must be planets with life out there, but I doubt any other race has travelled out of their solar system.

I think there maybe other life out there in the universe but absolutely no chance they have visited earth, I think the people that buy into that are complete nut jobs.

1. Do u really believe in alien stuff ?

I neither believe nor disbelieve. I am open for it but I would need proof.

2. If yes why ? and if no why ?

Most of it answered above. With an universe as big as this, the chances of aliens NOT existing are incredibly slim, that is why I am open to their existence.

3. What is your theory regarding aliens and UFO's ?

If aliens exist, they don't necessarily need to exist based on our life premises (H2O etc.) UFOs? I am not sure. Maybe, maybe not. Aliens would surely have some means of transportation.

4. Do u have any evidence to show that whether aliens exists or not ?

I do not. I am biding my time, waiting to see what others can bring to the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so