Page 18 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    Anyone tried Occu'thar, the eye dog in Baradin Hold? Got it to 60% earlier, 11th Searing Shadows got me, no cooldowns up, Shadowmeld had 9 sec left. (Shadowmeld + ghoul/army/bloodworm = dropped stacks every 2 minutes)

If there is a cooldown rotation that will let you live through 6 of them, I would very much appreciate at least getting to the enrage timer solo.
    Cardboard Assassin for an extra two drops?

What are you currently using for cooldowns and trinkets? Mirror is apparently still reducing elemental damage taken if you aren't using it. If you're not having IBF off cooldown the second set of the cooldown rotation then consider replacing it with AotD. Also, are you counting Purgatory + DP as a cooldown?

On a side note, has anyone attempted Rhyolith in Beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Wih View Post
    Cardboard Assassin for an extra two drops?

What are you currently using for cooldowns and trinkets? Mirror is apparently still reducing elemental damage taken if you aren't using it. If you're not having IBF off cooldown the second set of the cooldown rotation then consider replacing it with AotD. Also, are you counting Purgatory + DP as a cooldown?
    Not an Engineer, and the Assassin doesn't taunt raid bosses, otherwise it would drop stacks completely. Rotations I have tried: Mirror > AMS > IBF > AMZ (died), Mirror > AMS > AMZ > IBF+Mirror > Shadowmeld > AMS > Mirror > Army > AMS > nothing left (died ofc), IBF > Mirror > AMZ > AMS+Vamp > Mirror (died), IBF > AMS > AMZ > Mirror+Vamp (died).
    Call to arms, the trumpets sound
    Hand puppets storm the base, flags up now cannons rage
    All clowns head for the rear, slingshots fire to the air
    Toy horses start the charge, Robot chessmen standing guard
    Crossfire to the marionettes, Slip into the edge of death...

I'm not seeing Bone Shield in your list here, are you using it rotationally? Do you have access to a heroic Flawless Fang? Also, didn't get your answer to DP + Purgatory, but if you're taking AMZ it's that or Purgatory.

Also, can you survive the second breath without a cooldown? Will depend on how much max HP you're running with. This would make it a lot easier.

Are you using a 2nd tank trinket, or a DPS trinket? Flawless Fang, SoE, FoTD (for Army) all might make this easier.

Assuming that you're dropping the first breath, as you don't need a cooldown for it, your breakdown:

Mirror > AMS > IBF > AMZ (died),
    Mirror > AMS > AMZ > IBF+Mirror > Shadowmeld > AMS > Mirror > Army > AMS > nothing left (died ofc), <--- Assuming you've skipped a "nothing" inbetween Shadowmeld and AMS here. This would also mean AMS works for the 5th breath, on it's own.
    IBF > Mirror > AMZ > AMS+Vamp > Mirror (died),
    IBF > AMS > AMZ > Mirror+Vamp (died).

Has used the following combinations at the following breaths:

1st: Unnecessary
    2nd: Mirror OR IBF OR AMS
    3rd: AMS OR Mirror
    4th: IBF OR AMZ OR Army
    5th IBF AND Mirror OR, AMS + VB, OR AMS (Really? Just AMS works here?) NOT Mirror AND VB, OR AMZ
    6th: NOT Mirror

And, a list of effective cooldowns: AMS, IBF, AMZ OR DP/Purg, BS, DRW + Army, VB, Mirror, Shadowmeld, other trinkets...?

Based on the gaps between cooldown uses in the rotation, I'm assuming you can use AMS every 3rd breath. I'll run on the assumption that you can do the same with VB, as from memory he does it every 20 seconds. 2 minute CDs like BS and trinkets could be used at the same (6 breath rotation) or later spots (less than 6 breath rotations) in subsequent rotations.

Based on this, I'd like to suggest the following rotation. Don't know if it'll work, but I couldn't find a way to easily drop AMZ from the rotation for DP+Purg, which would probably make a very good 6th cooldown if tied with VB + AMS, but if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

1: Nothing
    2: VB
    3: Mirror
    4: IBF
    5: VB + AMS
    6: Shadowmeld
    1: Nothing
    2: VB
    3: AMS
    4: AMZ
    5: DRW + Army <-- should do max damage of 430500, so assuming you want it to do less than 200k damage you'll be needing a passive dodge + parry of around 30-35%, pre-DRW.
    6: VB + AMS + BS + Mirror <--- Would this work? You're looking at 538125 max damage, assuming a HP pool of 250k from VB you're looking at 125k reduction from AMS, you'd need Mirror to shave off at least 50k damage. If it would, this could work.
    7: Shadowmeld

The 5th and 6th cooldowns are a tad sketchy, but might work. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Wih; 2012-09-04 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wih View Post
    Advice Wall.
    Using BS right before any it is up for where it isn't already up.

No access to any Flawless Fang.

Using a cooldown on each breath because otherwise it takes such a chunk of HP out that the melees can kill me.

Using Fires of the Deep for other trinket, have access to all DS tank trinkets of Normal quality plus Firelands ones.

HP is currently 214k (268k Vamped). Running with 42% static avoidance.

I was also thinking that its 20sec cd + 2sec cast time, so 22 sec between. If AMS is used before the cast starts, it could be used such as AMS(precast and pray) > Mirror(precast and pray) > AMS > Something > Mirror > AMS. Tried that but I fat-fingered my cooldowns and ragequit.
    At this point I'm not hoping to down it, just survive to the enrage.
    He enrages between the 15th and 16th breaths, so surviving 15 is the goal, with Shadowmeld dropping stacks every 7th means using it 4th or 5th and again 11th.
    Next I'm gonna try:
    1 Vamp
    2 Mirror
    3 AMZ
    4 AMS
    5 Shadowmeld
    6 Vamp
    7 Mirror
    8 AMS
    9 Icebound + guarantee BS
    10 AMZ
    11 AMS+Mirror+VB
    12 Shadowmeld
    13 Vamp
    14 Mirror
    15 AMS
    Call to arms, the trumpets sound
    Hand puppets storm the base, flags up now cannons rage
    All clowns head for the rear, slingshots fire to the air
    Toy horses start the charge, Robot chessmen standing guard
    Crossfire to the marionettes, Slip into the edge of death...

He only does 102375 to 107625 damage pre-debuff on the breath, you really shouldn't need to use a CD for any breaths where you have no stacks.
    With 214k HP only the smallest of cooldowns (say, BS) should be required for a 1 stack breath as long as you're on high health.
    If you're worried about barely surviving and getting melee gibbed after, then using a DS immediately prior would give you a bit more breathing room from white damage. However, assuming you'd be only using BS on the 1-stack breath, you'd be taking 163800 to 172200 damage, giving you up to 41800 remaining HP + Bone Shield + (assuming you're saving runes for it) a VERY large DS for a heal + blood shield stack. Unless he'd be doing a white swing syncing with the breath (which IIRC he doesn't as there's a breath animation after the hit) for 52250 you should be OK. Check some logs to see how long after the breath hit it takes for him to swing, and if there's enough of a delay to guarantee a DS inbetween them, I don't think being on low health should be an issue as you should have a substantial heal + BS from a DS, post-breath.
    If you are going to use BS to take the 1st stack breath (2nd breath post-shadowmeld) then you should be able to comfortably use it on cooldown after that, then use it again for the 1st stack breath (2nd breath post-shadowmeld) with an uptime delay of approximately 10 seconds. IMO this covers both using it on cooldown AND using it in your CD rotation.
    But then again, if your CD rotation is fine without this, no reason to risk it.

Beating his enrage might be possible if you can time your DRWs and ghoul to happen within the 20 seconds after a large damage spike (ie, a 5 stack breath). As we've seen with Mione's Mandokir kill, Vengeance can stack pretty stupidly high when surviving huge burst. If you can also time it so that the ICD of BLF is up, that might be potent, otherwise using Rotting Skull could be synced to your DRWs at high Vengeance (though finding a trinket that could give a large amount of Crit would probably be better for damage done at high Vengeance, but I can't think of any OTOH).

Precasting a cooldown shouldn't be required I think, but if you can make it work it might go well.

When I have some free time this weekend I might try this myself. Until then I'll live vicariously through you...good luck!

Any other classes that should be able to solo Kael now?
    Have a druid and paladin with pretty decent gear, should those be able to do it?
    Need my weekly ashes run :x

Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    Any other classes that should be able to solo Kael now?
    Have a druid and paladin with pretty decent gear, should those be able to do it?
    Need my weekly ashes run :x
    DK if Frost spec can do it.
    Locks with GoSac in Destro spec did it too(thing affli should do it as well).
    Think Pallies are able to kill him now too (not sure though).

but tbh.. IMHO the best think you could do - is go there and try it. Don't see why druid/pally wouldn't have at least a chance to kill him now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Guildy doing 25 Marrowgar HC

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Guildy doing 25 Marrowgar HC
    Aww gear inflation :/ tried 25 man normal last week (after patch), and can't do it due to too low DPS, normal DS tank gear with LFR Gurth is not enough apparently. Might try to get the add with me for more vengeance, but still can't push enough DPS.
    I'd really love to do it now because it's still a challenging survival part :/ damn enrage timers

Congratz to the guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

What spec/glyphs/reforge would you guys recommend for soloing High Priestess Kilnara in Zul'gurub (farming panther mount)
    I had a few tries on her yesterday and had a hard time with the damage on the last phase. Used army as soon as p2 started and when she got to like 10% she started doing crazy damage.

This is my dks armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ycoming/simple

Okay, did some Morchok fun. (Trash are soloable btw...)
    Brought Heroic Morchok somewhere around 60%, and normal Morchok much lower (but not sub 20% either, dont have the fraps but I'd guess around 30%~)

The DPS is clearly a non-issue in both normal or heroic, the only problem is surviving these retarded stomps, I thought it would be cake with DA but apparently Morchok (and especially Kochrom) have decided to be total jerks. I'm pretty frustrated about using DA sprint, running in a straight line away from Morchok, but getting caught into Stomp range anyway. No clue what causes this behavior, I'm giving up, I'm not using more consumables for this bullshit. I'm not lagging either, I have 15 ms. Just Morchok deciding to be a total douchebag and moving right on top of me before casting Stomp, randomly. It happens like what? Once every 10 stomps? And it only has to happen once to kill me.

If anyone has the patience to throw çth'_h"'_gh'"g_'"hg_"hg"_ bazillion attempts and consumables at it until you get the good RNG combo where Morchok decides not to be a jerk, both Morchok 10 and 10 HC seem to be soloable. Going to kill it with 2 DKs now, should be utterly faceroll.
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2012-09-05 at 02:08 PM.

Super cool, I'll have to start farming many of these.

Hey that's me... was reading the posts and thought it was a link of someone else killing it which brought my epeen down...Lol. Was fun.

25man Lord Marrowgar Heroic Solo - World first?

Hey guys, today I solo'd 25 man Lord Marrowgar on heroic difficulty and as far as I can tell it was a world first. (Note: has been done on 10 Heroic and 25 normal before)
    Yes DK's are extremely OP atm but still required good use of survivability and a fair ton of DPS.

Video on youtube under 'Fataldeathknight' (Can't post link as I haven't posted the required number of times to allow linkage)

Any feedback regarding whether or not this is actually a first, please let me know.

Thanks and enjoy the vid.

Very impressive, grats. Was it hard with the add hacking on you too at some point?

About Kael'Thas.

I killed him today. He did hic MC thingy while my ghoul, drw and whole army of the dead was out and didn't work. RNG is RNG I guess.

Best solution I found if you want to do it as blood is to burn him down to 50% before he has time to cast his mind control. I managed to get him down to 55% before the cast, and my dps set is only 395 ilvl.

About the nether vapors, strangulate him when he's casting a fireball and he'll come running at you.

Edit : Have to say I had some troubles with the four guys. Our mono-target burst is a bit lower than what it used to be. Our aoe is very good but in this fight, it's better if you can kill one guy after another rather than just dealing damage to all of them at the same time. Found out the new frost presence is really good for those nasty stuns, disorient, etc though.
    Last edited by Asheriah; 2012-09-05 at 04:13 PM.

We don't believe in your Horde or your Alliance. We only believe in undeath.

Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    Edit : Have to say I had some troubles with the four guys. Our mono-target burst is a bit lower than what it used to be. Our aoe is very good but in this fight, it's better if you can kill one guy after another rather than just dealing damage to all of them at the same time. Found out the new frost presence is really good for those nasty stuns, disorient, etc though.
    Does it affect the loss of control from conflag as well or just the stun from whats his name's "toy" ability?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    Does it affect the loss of control from conflag as well or just the stun from whats his name's "toy" ability?
    As far as I can tell, it works on everything that makes you lose control of your character, so it should work on disorientations, stuns, paralysis etc... (Even though 20% of 3 sec isn't really noticeable)

She didn't manage to disorient me, so I don't really know for sure.

We don't believe in your Horde or your Alliance. We only believe in undeath.

congratulations. these solo kills are impressive despite the nay sayers. Keep it up
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week we discuss the Warlords of Draenor launch night and a butcher that goes insane

I'm going to move this into the blood solo thread in DK