Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JorimoniLS View Post
    Yeah but atramedes is so much eaiser to solo as dw frost , given that uve got 2 hc souldrinkers.
    Apart from that i wanted to discuss , a certain idea.
    Has anyone thought of trying to solo baleroc , normal atleast , bec when i asked my raid grp to wipe so i can check
    something out , it was hc mode though , i sustained my self quite good. So i given a thought that the boss him self on normal
    might ( this is a huuuge might ) be soloable , to only question is , would i have enough dps . on madness hc i pull off bout 50k dps though.
    Would like to see some replies regarding this . Thanks
    He requires 102k~ raid wide DPS to beat the enrage on 10 man normal, so no and probably not next expansion either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryleylol View Post
    He requires 102k~ raid wide DPS to beat the enrage on 10 man normal, so no and probably not next expansion either.
    last time i checked, atramedes has no enrage timer, source please!

Quote Originally Posted by Friberg View Post
    last time i checked, atramedes has no enrage timer, source please!
    I should have been more specific, sorry. I was referring to Baleroc. Atramedes has the "soft" enrage with gongs but I don't really remember the mechanics for it and how long you can survive without a gong.

I'd say Baleroc will be impossible due to Decimation Blade since it reduces healing done by 90% so DS would heal you next to nothing and the shield would be of no help since it's shadow damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    I'd say Baleroc will be impossible due to Decimation Blade since it reduces healing done by 90% so DS would heal you next to nothing and the shield would be of no help since it's shadow damage.
    in my opinion baleroc should be soloable at some point of Mop but he will require pretty much luck with decimation blades and probably avoidance gear/luck and a lot of dps.

i killed him with 10 DKs and 25 DKs both on hardmode so level 85 DKs are able to outheal him with some help(bloodworms) even on HC. we only needed to taunt for any decimation blade but with AMS you dont even drop to 10%. so at level 90 it should be healable but you will need to have the luck to never get 2 Dec blades per phase. you wont get dmg and hp increasing debuffs for some weird reason and crystals bug out completly when there is no one with a dps specc. so the fight is a complete dps check tank n spank with required decimationblade luck.

heres my 25 vid of it so you can see that there are really no crystals or debuffs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMWda...7&feature=plcp

In MoP I'm planning to level up my Dk and start soloing raids that need mounts. I assume i should mainly stack dps gear? Thanks.

Hey guys, I was hoping to get a little bit of advice from you. My dk's dps set is around 382 ilvl (378 HoT gear w/ 397 BoEs). Last night I tried a few solo runs for the first time and was successful doing Malygos, Onyxia, and 3/4s of VoA (no Toravon), but could not down Kael'thas. I made it into stage 4 with about 75% hp and managed to get him down to ~65% when I ran out of cds and died.

I was hoping that someone could help me out with where to kill the Advisors, and just general tips for the fight. I killed the first 2 by the entrance, Capernian at the door to Kael, and Telonicus around half-way in between them. When phase 3 started, I was at Capernian and started to burn her down and something weird happened(as far as I know). I was teleported to where the first 2 advisors were at the entrance and I killed them fairly easily, but then had to face both Capernian and Telonicus at the same time. It sucked, but I got them down. I was not able to LoS any of KT's pyroblasts and kept getting CC'd into flamestrikes.

At the time, I did not have any buff food, flasks, potions, drums, or runescrolls, but have invested in them since. Any and all information is welcome and thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by mengele View Post
    Hey guys, I was hoping to get a little bit of advice from you. My dk's dps set is around 382 ilvl (378 HoT gear w/ 397 BoEs). Last night I tried a few solo runs for the first time and was successful doing Malygos, Onyxia, and 3/4s of VoA (no Toravon), but could not down Kael'thas. I made it into stage 4 with about 75% hp and managed to get him down to ~65% when I ran out of cds and died.

I was hoping that someone could help me out with where to kill the Advisors, and just general tips for the fight. I killed the first 2 by the entrance, Capernian at the door to Kael, and Telonicus around half-way in between them. When phase 3 started, I was at Capernian and started to burn her down and something weird happened(as far as I know). I was teleported to where the first 2 advisors were at the entrance and I killed them fairly easily, but then had to face both Capernian and Telonicus at the same time. It sucked, but I got them down. I was not able to LoS any of KT's pyroblasts and kept getting CC'd into flamestrikes.

At the time, I did not have any buff food, flasks, potions, drums, or runescrolls, but have invested in them since. Any and all information is welcome and thanks in advance!
    out of the 2 or 3 times I've done the fight, what worked for me was this:

First 2 Advisors to a door corner- middle section of the room, behind the fires by the door. I chose the Right door.

I think Telonicus is next (has a dot that he puts on you that stuns you every so often for a min). I kill him on the same side as the first 2 Advisors but back behind the piller, or even farther into the corner. The trick here is to wait till 25-15 seconds left on your debuff before killing him.

Lastly Kill Capernian next to one of the little pillars near the platform of the 5- this is important because of the conflagration and range from the other 3.

Kill the weapons as fast as possible, starting with the infusor (because of heal I guess) and try to make it so your at about 90% hp, but your 75% is totaly do able.

If you finish fast enough you should have just enough time before the advisors res. Run over to Capernians spot and put your back to the pillar. Pop Ghouls when 11 seconds are left before next phase (think ghouls 10second channel) and right as you see the "rez" light for the advisors, pop AMS and all the Dps CD you can and just wtf burst capernian to dead in 2~5 seconds, You can save ghoul for when your AMS drops for Telc's debuff-but i'm no 100% sure he will put it on the ghoul. the next kill is up too you, but depending on who, you will have to kite. I chose Telonicus because of his gay debuff, and then the fear guy because they are annoying. the dude with the 2hander isn't as bad as ither of those 3, but Capernian HAS to be first. should be around 80% hp when finished.

Keal'thas - AMS, Strangulate, MindFreez the fuck out of his Pyroblasts. Before he does his beam things he knocks you into the air, once this happens RUN AWAY from him otherwise you get a stacking debuff that reduces your HP. Other than that, this is the Easiest part of the encounter. Avoiding flame strikes, interrupt Pyroblasts (or AMS absorb) and run out during beam phase, keep blood shield up as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    out of the 2 or 3 times I've done the fight, what worked for me was this:

First 2 Advisors to a door corner- middle section of the room, behind the fires by the door. I chose the Right door.

I think Telonicus is next (has a dot that he puts on you that stuns you every so often for a min). I kill him on the same side as the first 2 Advisors but back behind the piller, or even farther into the corner. The trick here is to wait till 25-15 seconds left on your debuff before killing him.

Lastly Kill Capernian next to one of the little pillars near the platform of the 5- this is important because of the conflagration and range from the other 3.

Kill the weapons as fast as possible, starting with the infusor (because of heal I guess) and try to make it so your at about 90% hp, but your 75% is totaly do able.

If you finish fast enough you should have just enough time before the advisors res. Run over to Capernians spot and put your back to the pillar. Pop Ghouls when 11 seconds are left before next phase (think ghouls 10second channel) and right as you see the "rez" light for the advisors, pop AMS and all the Dps CD you can and just wtf burst capernian to dead in 2~5 seconds, You can save ghoul for when your AMS drops for Telc's debuff-but i'm no 100% sure he will put it on the ghoul. the next kill is up too you, but depending on who, you will have to kite. I chose Telonicus because of his gay debuff, and then the fear guy because they are annoying. the dude with the 2hander isn't as bad as ither of those 3, but Capernian HAS to be first. should be around 80% hp when finished.

Keal'thas - AMS, Strangulate, MindFreez the fuck out of his Pyroblasts. Before he does his beam things he knocks you into the air, once this happens RUN AWAY from him otherwise you get a stacking debuff that reduces your HP. Other than that, this is the Easiest part of the encounter. Avoiding flame strikes, interrupt Pyroblasts (or AMS absorb) and run out during beam phase, keep blood shield up as much as possible.
    Thanks for the advice, I think I might try again later today with buffs and a better strategy.

---------- Post added 2012-06-18 at 12:54 PM ----------

Two tries later, I downed him! Thanks for the info guys!

/spoilers (MoP heroic) - Just did heroic Scholomance (5/5, every boss, every trash) at 90 on beta.

I'm not too sure whether the instances are grossly undertuned or I'm op as fuck or a combination of both. I have full pvp gear (483), with full blue cata gems, and a few MoP enchants.
    First boss (lich) was fairly meh (the ice wall doesn't instantly kill at all and you can run through it ~~), had the lich around 20% before the wall cornered me (but I forgot equipping dps gear so w/e, would be okay in dps gear).
    2nd boss (Jandice) was easy.
    3rd boss (Rattlegore) was not hard, but not easy either, had to kite & stuff. Used a control undead pet to dps him down while I kited (a lot).
    4th boss (Lilian Voss) was easy
    5th boss was easy (did absolutely nothing but chaincast incinerate, lol)

The putricide miniboss was much much harder than any boss in there, but I managed to get him down on my third attempt. (tI'd also add that the trash in his room are much much harder than any other trash as well)

/spoilers

going to check more stuff in beta. not sure about uploading this kind of stuff on youtube or not. have to make a choice between farming inferno ponies for $$$ RMAH or beta. fuck.

edit: Trying BoT. will update asap
    -halfus down on first attempt, lol (whelps/bronze/nether scion)
    -valiona down on 2nd attempt (died very stupidly on first attempt by whoring on dps, being low on hp, and triggering a blackout instantly with a 80k deathstrike ). jeez, this is easy! now comes the true test, AC.
    -AC down 2nd attempt, died on first attempt by forgetting glaciate exists. derp. end was kinda close though, a few more seconds and i would have died. inb4 1000 wipes on cho'gall
    -cho'gall = nowai

edit2: btw BoT bosses only drop 22g, wtf =(((( where's easy gold AMG!
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2012-06-19 at 12:00 AM.

yes in a blue post they said that the 5-mans are easy.
    they didn't have a better word for them than "heroics" that wouldn't confuse people though, so they kept calling them heroics.

if you want hard 5-mans you need to do challenge modes.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    There are no level 90 regular dungeons.

The Mists of Pandaria heroic dungeons are easier than the Cataclysm heroic dungeons.*
    Once we made that decision, we thought that having two versions of the level 90 dungeons (normal and heroic) didn't make sense because they would be very similar in difficulty and offer similar loot. We thought about calling them something besides "heroic," since heroic tends to mean hard to a lot of players, but we also needed to call them something, because some dungeons like Temple of the Jade Serpent have a lower-level and a level 90 version. We thought about calling them "level 90 versions" but figured "heroic" required less explanation. (We also could have dispensed with lower level dungeons, or made lower level versions of the level 90 dungeons, but we felt like both solutions were just to make the nomenclature of "heroic" more clear, which seemed like bad reasons.)

TLDR: Some Mists of Pandaria dungeons have lower level and level 90 versions. Others just have level 90 versions. In both cases, the level 90 versions are called "heroic."

* - If you like very difficult dungeons, Challenge Modes are targeted at you.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5638012956#18
    via
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-at-90/#post18
    via
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Survey-Fan-Art

[edit] see also:
    Heroic dungeons dumbed down
    Last edited by potatoe; 2012-07-03 at 01:41 AM. Reason: added blizzquote and link to heroic dungeons dumbed down thread

Yeah I know, but still, that seems a bit early. But why not afterall. I guess it depends on the mechanics. I'm not sure if that's really healthy that we can solo them so quickly, though - I don't recall us doing the same thing in Cata or WotLK, this required full raid gear, not PvP... that being said PvP gear is really good this time around, so idk.

On another note... after like an hour or two of wiping, I killed magmaw! \o/ this was 1) buggy 2) hard as hell

edit: wol for anyone interested in seeing damage values or anything else at 90: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...?s=1436&e=1899
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2012-06-19 at 02:24 AM.

So ds crits for 75k while hs for over 100k? That's meh >.>

Mionelol confirmed for qt

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post

edit2: btw BoT bosses only drop 22g, wtf =(((( where's easy gold AMG!
    Really? This seems kind of stupid if true. I did Patchwerk back in April to see how bad blood DPS was @ 85 and he still dropped 150g~ in Naxx 10. Going to go hit some other bosses and see if anything else was nerfed gold wise.

Thanks for the tips! Used them on Atremedas and did it within 5 tries

If you really want max DPS as the expanse of some survivability, go for http://www.wowhead.com/talent#jfGG0crrkszbZ0h:R0o0mzM0c + whatever you want afterwards with the 3 leftovers points.
    There are 2 things missing from this spec that I can't help but question. Blood Caked Blade is almost exactly 1% dps per point, and would have to be your remaining three points I would think, I'm not sure why you'd leave them as an option.

Also, Crimson Scourge is almost certainly better than both Butchery and the 2nd and 3rd points in Scent of Blood. Take a look at a representative parse of mine (not solo, but attempting for max dps) http://worldoflogs.com/reports/4e8ez...5/?s=604&e=721 - Crimson Scourge accounts for more RP gain (60) than the RP gain from butchery would have given (48), or the RP from the first point of Scent of Blood (40) (and this first point is generally more valuable than either of the second 2). I think I had bad luck on Scent of Blood here, but the blood boils themselves also did almost 2% of my damage.

I'm not sure how you'd tease out exactly the benefit of all of these against each other, or the other 2 options (Imp Runic Power and Virulence I imagine), and we're talking less than 1% difference for all 3-5 points combined no matter which way you go, but I thought I'd bring it up.

I'm leaving away those 3 points for finishing the maxing of RPM, BCB or other options (ie: survivability options, which are used in the huge majority of cases). RPM is better than BCB or Virulence point per point. The max DPS build (theorically) would leave out talents like Toughness or Blade Barrier to max out BCB/Virulence, but I've left that one on purpose since it's basically never used.

It's basically RPM > BCB > Virulence in the majority of situations.

Crimson Scourge is utterly useless once you have enough haste. The benefit is absolutely 0. It might be a good talent if using low haste or not gaming runes as perfectly as they should, but when you're using 1600-2k+ haste you simply never have open GCDs anymore (or the occasional horn fo winter, necessary to refresh it anyway). Butchery on the other hand feeds more RP for GoDS.
    SoB is absolutely mandatory and one of the best talents there is in the entire tree. It's pretty easy to check out its benefit - check whenever you have Scent of Blood (1) uptime on WoL (not 2 or 3, just 1). That's the benefit of the third point.
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2012-06-19 at 09:29 PM.

/spoilers (MoP heroic) - Just did heroic Scholomance (5/5, every boss, every trash) at 90 on beta.
    Wait, you soloed it? That absolutely should not be possible in anything remotely close to 483 gear.

That's like soloing Deadmines at level 85 in ilvl 365 gear. Not gonna happen.

We're talking about Mione here. If she killed Atramedes during Cataclysm, i'm pretty sure she can pull off an undertuned Heroic while overgearing it.
    Last edited by Somnium; 2012-06-19 at 10:50 PM.