Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well sure, but he's wearing gear only a tier and a half better than the gear that drops in that dungeon. Clearly the content is too easy.

I ran it with 5 people and thought it was very easy, but soloing is a whole different ballgame.

I could solo HoT heroics the day they were out using 391 gear, and they said they tuned heroics just like thye tuned HoT ones. I don't think the gear gap is the problem, it's more about it being pvp gear tbh.... + it's very laggy etc.

FYI, PvP resilience and PvP power don't have any cost in the item budget in MoP. Your 483 gear has the same stats that 483 PvE drops would. The PvP stats are tacked on for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Well sure, but he's wearing gear only a tier and a half better than the gear that drops in that dungeon. Clearly the content is too easy.

I ran it with 5 people and thought it was very easy, but soloing is a whole different ballgame.
    You could solo the original cataclysm heroics with raid gear from T11 content, some of which I did in full heroic blues and the random rep epic back in 4.0.6. I don't see what the problem is, proper cooldown management inbetween trash packs lets you solo them and the bosses were mainly pushovers.

I was not aware of that. It seems like that should not be possible, but I bow to your (and obviously Mione's) much greater experience.

Added a note concerning ToC. Originally wanted to edit something regarding Anub then realized ToC had been completely scrapped out <_<

̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    On faction champs I found that kiting the melee adds around the outer wall forces the healers to move around and therefore cast less. I was easily able to take out all the melee this way which in turn reduced the amount of cc I ate. Still took me a while to kill the healers at the end, but this certainly helped.

Should I use dps gear for ToC? I tried with full tanking gear and I can only bring Gormok to around 65% before dying.

I do it in full DPS gear, but some people have reported having better results using a mix or even some full tanking gear. What matters is that you should kill Gormok quickly, regardless of gear. If you bring it towards 65% only, this means something is wrong, either you're not playing correctly, or your gear is simply not good enough.

IIRC I did it in full 391 DPS gear during 4.2 and it was very hard at this point in time, if that gives an estimation.

I'm pretty sure heroic Northrend beasts is doable, I can consistently get Gormok down in full heroic DS gear but I die shortly after. Need to switch up my spec to maximize dps/get full buffs as well (using standard tank spec, no runic power mastery or w/e). Might have to swap to double souldrinkers after Gormok dies to stabilize. Anyone with more time on their hands than me care to test? ;p Otherwise I'll bang my head on them Monday to find out.

I'm thinking of making Blood my offspec for soloing old content. How well could I solo the hot heroics using a mix of DPS and Tank 397 gear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Symby View Post
    so if you see them making a class change a buff or a nerf that means they know what they are doing, they have skilled emplyees that are specially trained for such things(ppl that are balancing the game mechanics)!
    Until they kill the viability of your spec/class in PVE and PVP for nearly an entire expansion. But I guess that doesn't count because it makes your Gods look bad, am I right?.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryleylol View Post
    I'm pretty sure heroic Northrend beasts is doable, I can consistently get Gormok down in full heroic DS gear but I die shortly after. Need to switch up my spec to maximize dps/get full buffs as well (using standard tank spec, no runic power mastery or w/e). Might have to swap to double souldrinkers after Gormok dies to stabilize. Anyone with more time on their hands than me care to test? ;p Otherwise I'll bang my head on them Monday to find out.
    How much hp does Gormok have in heroic? Have you tried using Lichborne for this particular fight?

edit: Lichborne with all the extra runic power with Butchery when killing kobolds after Gormok is dead should do the trick IMO.
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2012-06-21 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    How much hp does Gormok have in heroic? Have you tried using Lichborne for this particular fight?

edit: Lichborne with all the extra runic power with Butchery when killing kobolds after Gormok is dead should do the trick IMO.
    2.8~ million. Didn't have butchery either so yeah, a spec change would probably do the trick.

If my guesses are correct, assuming 37k DPS, you should get around 7 and 8 stacks everytime. Seems to be mostly the same as normal mode back then, except scaled up with higher numbers.

Best of luck!

And again about Algalon @ all
    I tried him the last few days very often. First of all:
    -you surrvive the ascent to heavens with AMS and icebound fortitude (it deals arround 180k so far)
    -algalon despawns no matter what you do after he cast ascent to heavens
    -you can avoid stacks, but you can't reset them the whole fight long (i used shadowmeld for this and m army to take the first stack) which means you WILL be ported at some point and you will die
    Algalon seems pretty undoable so far, i tried nearly everything the last few days, this is sad

If my guesses are correct, assuming 37k DPS, you should get around 7 and 8 stacks everytime. Seems to be mostly the same as normal mode back then, except scaled up with higher numbers.

Best of luck!
    By the way, I am not sure whether at heroic this changes, but on normal I had problems soloing them in full dps gear, so I tried in full tank gear, item level 392, gormok got 10 stacks of impale like 20 sec before dying, it didn't increase any more, seems like 10 is the cap, so in best in slot tank gear this at heroic should be easier if it doesn't go over 10 (and therefore it's outhealable).

Worms should also be manageable in tank gear IMO at heroic, since at normal they're very easy to outheal.

Yes, the maximum amount of stacks is 10. By the amount of time you get to 10 stacks, Gormok has 4 or 5 stacks of Rising Anger.

Made this quick spreadsheet for Gormok:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&pli=1#gid=0

Bottom table assumes DPS gear and a fight between 70 and 80 seconds, where Gormok never gets to apply his 8th Impale (40k dps). Top table assumes that Gormok dies around the 10th Impale (28k dps)

It means roughly 10k HPS to survive Gormok for 2 minutes, including defensive cooldowns like IBF, not including Gormok himself norSnowbold damage. Impale might reset after 30 seconds of being at 10 stacks, or might stay at 10 until Gormok dies, so I didn't go further than 120 seconds.
    Surviving for up to 120 seconds means you can deal as little as 28k DPS to kill him. It's something like 16K HPS during the entire last minute, you need to pump out like 900k+ of healing through lichborne, DS, DP, etc, in less than a minute. Seems highly unlikely, even with high bloodshields. Impale would tick for roughly 50k before cooldowns.

On the other hand, with DPS gear, you can kill him in 70 seconds assuming 40k DPS which isn't unreasonable at all (Sartharion 3D has more HP than Gormok, 3M2~ iirc, and is killable before Shadron arrives which is 75 seconds). Mechanics aren't exactly the same, but he should never get to stack his 8th impale regardless (80seconds = 35k dps = easy as pie)
    It makes the whole damage a lot easier to handle, Gormok will barely deal between 1/3rd and 1/4th of the damage he would deal in the tank gear scenario, keep in mind all of this is negliging damage dealt by Gormok himself.

tl;dr: go dps gear
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2012-06-22 at 04:00 AM.

Seeing as most of my gear is 378 stuff with some 397 valor pieces thrown in, I was hoping yall could help me decide which weapon would be a better upgrade for soloing. ATM, I am using the 378 axe from End Time, but I have access to H ESS (410) and N Gurth (403). I hear the Gurth proc is great, but I didn't know if the higher weapon dps and raw stats of H ESS would be better. Thanks in advance!

Yes, the maximum amount of stacks is 10. By the amount of time you get to 10 stacks, Gormok has 4 or 5 stacks of Rising Anger.

Made this quick spreadsheet for Gormok:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&pli=1#gid=0

Bottom table assumes DPS gear and a fight between 70 and 80 seconds, where Gormok never gets to apply his 8th Impale (40k dps). Top table assumes that Gormok dies around the 10th Impale (28k dps)

It means roughly 10k HPS to survive Gormok for 2 minutes, including defensive cooldowns like IBF, not including Gormok himself norSnowbold damage. Impale might reset after 30 seconds of being at 10 stacks, or might stay at 10 until Gormok dies, so I didn't go further than 120 seconds.
    Surviving for up to 120 seconds means you can deal as little as 28k DPS to kill him. It's something like 16K HPS during the entire last minute, you need to pump out like 900k+ of healing through lichborne, DS, DP, etc, in less than a minute. Seems highly unlikely, even with high bloodshields. Impale would tick for roughly 50k before cooldowns.

On the other hand, with DPS gear, you can kill him in 70 seconds assuming 40k DPS which isn't unreasonable at all (Sartharion 3D has more HP than Gormok, 3M2~ iirc, and is killable before Shadron arrives which is 75 seconds). Mechanics aren't exactly the same, but he should never get to stack his 8th impale regardless (80seconds = 35k dps = easy as pie)
    It makes the whole damage a lot easier to handle, Gormok will barely deal between 1/3rd and 1/4th of the damage he would deal in the tank gear scenario, keep in mind all of this is negliging damage dealt by Gormok himself.

tl;dr: go dps gear
    If you get a chance could you fraps you doing just Gormok on heroic or whatever? I seem to always get a 9th stack of impale and I don't know if I just have bad rng or if I should use a strength flask or what (or if I just suck at blood dps). Doesn't really matter as that isn't stopping me at the moment, dreadscale has a burning desire to not give me burning bile in p2 so I stand there stunned for 45 seconds while they slowly kill me. Happened about 5 times so far and its just annoying to deal with, have yet to get burning bile w/ the paralyze toxin.

If I have the time, yes, but that's unlikely :c
    I'm already supposed to go fraps Lana'thel but I'm lazyyyyy.. I'll try to do both at the same time.

I'm assuming Impoale is applied every 10 seconds. It's possible this might be 8, or 9, or some other value.