Page 31 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    I'm pleased to report that Naj'entus is easily soloable now (at level 90). Just pop DPS cooldowns and kill him before he has a chance to pop his shield. It's nothing we didn't expect, but it's still nice after actually having done it.

I'm curious just how bad Reliquary of souls will be, with Diseases/DnD hitting for so much and having Desecrated ground as a possible (dunno if it works yet or not) answer to one of the spirit shocks.
    I suppose it'll work similar to the way it worked at 85.. Spec unholy, position your ghoul out of LoS, pop AMS on CD and death strike/death coil int to death.. With rolling Blood it will be easier to keep diseases up on the boss so it should be easier.

Also it might be possible to just zerg it with army + ghoul.. I saw demo warlock doing it that way by just summoning shit ton of minions.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0HXf0QTfcg

though I'm not entirely sure about the reflect dmg..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Should be no problem at 90, I got to about 30-40% as blood before 5.0 by hitting army, ghoul and just dpsing as hard as I could while hitting interrupts and AMS if interrupt and strangulate were on cd and it was aimed at me again, lucky RNG and I could have had it then already. Longer cd on interrupt ofc now, but also like 10x the dps so I think it'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    Should be no problem at 90, I got to about 30-40% as blood before 5.0 by hitting army, ghoul and just dpsing
    Depending how reliable the zerg tactic is, might use it. (Wouldnt want to wipe, at all. If avoidable, if zerging isnt a 99% chance for a kill)
    But at 90 doing the LoS tactic is quite likely fast and easy enough to get me to continue doing it that way.

Might want to avoid Soul Reaper in the rare cases when it Crits and gets reflected..

Anyone who wasn't able to do Kael in frost at 85 able to do it now @ 90?

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Doable as Blood (With Prismatic Elixir, probably able to burst him down at 90 anyways)
    Doable as Unholy (If you dismiss pet and avoid Raise dead/Army/Gurthalak)
    Same as with Unholy for Frost. (Just avoid Raise dead/Army/Gurthalak)

Or just use Prismatic elixir for Frost/Unholy aswell and use pets as usual.

Any spec worked at 85 after the MC change, should be able to just roflstomp it as frost now at 90.
    Last edited by hopkins; 2012-09-28 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hopkins View Post
    Doable as Blood (With Prismatic Elixir, probably able to burst him down at 90 anyways)
    Doable as Unholy (If you dismiss pet and avoid Raise dead/Army/Gurthalak)
    Same as with Unholy for Frost. (Just avoid Raise dead/Army/Gurthalak)

Any spec worked at 85 after the MC change, should be able to just roflstomp it as frost now.
    Wasn't able to do it at 85 as frost, seemed like i just got hit too hard even with death siphon. ilvl is decent, around 386 (no souldrinkers)

just tried (85) with prismatic as blood and still got mced =(.

Not a 100% protection, occasionally it might hit with some bad luck. (unless they changed something)
    Lengthy fight, especially so when it resets. But, try again and again

Ed: I found Conversion better than Death Siphon at least for this, seeing as Siphon and Death Strike use the same resource.
    Also found the damage a bit high at first, but switched to Blood presence (as UH) and it was no problem.
    Last edited by hopkins; 2012-09-28 at 11:42 AM.

I must say I'm having fun fighting all the "rare" spawn mobs in pandaria, some are quite challenging, others I just roflstomp, they always seem to drop intellect loot though >.>
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Vengeance now ignores overkill damage.
    Well, that's it for Mandokir.

It already ignored overkill damage. I'm not too sure what this sentence is about, but Ithink it may have to do with some other classes were doing.

I killed Al'akir today, wasn't actually hard and will probably be a lot easier once i have better gear. Also killed Alysrazor, but mione already did it at 85, so not really noteworthy. Of course, it's a lot easier on 90 and you can use a different strat.

For the Gear I used, i was roughly at itemlvl 460 in a mix of dps and tank gear (what i had at hand at that time) and al'akir died about 15-20 seconds before he would've enraged. Wasn't even hit or expertise capped >_>
    Last edited by fletchii; 2012-09-29 at 03:39 PM.

Crappy PuGgers = me duo'ing or solo'ing some Heroic bosses.

Quite fun, but I'm really a bit disappointed that we can at this point.

Not strictly a solo question, but do you reckon I could survive on my own on 1 platform on Nef heroic? Provided I have enough people for the other two.

Edit: I'm in almost full 463 gear, played DK for a while now, just that I never got the chance to do t11 heroics, so not too sure on the dmg output.

Quote Originally Posted by Snate View Post
    Not strictly a solo question, but do you reckon I could survive on my own on 1 platform on Nef heroic? Provided I have enough people for the other two.

Edit: I'm in almost full 463 gear, played DK for a while now, just that I never got the chance to do t11 heroics, so not too sure on the dmg output.
    Probably need two interrupts now with Mind Freeze on 15 second CD, so I'd guess no.

Actually Mind freeze is all you need for a platform, the interupts seem to happen about every 15-18 seconds, if u interupt fast, it is always of CD, the only worry would be if you get the seed/debuff, save the strangulate / stun for this i guess

Are you talking Normal or Heroic? I was under the impression they hadn't dropped the cast frequency on Heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Me. I didn't main my DK at 85 so I didn't wanna put a whole lot of time into orchestrating the fight.

I tried a few days ago and just destroyed him with making a ton of huge mistakes, so he's a cake walk now. I know it was possible at 85, but it's incredibly easy now for those who want to farm it.

I tried Mandokir at 90 yesterday in green/blue gear using the strategy of Purgatory and Death Siphon.

Dodge and parry are so low that I take too much damage to overheal it. I think I have 2M to heal whereas at 85 I had less than 1M.

Anyone else tried him at 90 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by phred754 View Post
    "Nerf Rock. Paper is fine."
    - Scissors
    Originally Posted by Nakatoir (Blue Tracker)
    Off-spec healers such as Shadow, Elemental, Paladin and Laser Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    I suppose it'll work similar to the way it worked at 85.. Spec unholy, position your ghoul out of LoS, pop AMS on CD and death strike/death coil int to death.. With rolling Blood it will be easier to keep diseases up on the boss so it should be easier.

Also it might be possible to just zerg it with army + ghoul.. I saw demo warlock doing it that way by just summoning shit ton of minions.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0HXf0QTfcg

though I'm not entirely sure about the reflect dmg..
    I've never tried the UH tactic, might need to. I did try to Zerg it and almost met with some success. I went frost, with pillar of frost glyph, pop all cooldowns + ghoul and army, pop unholy blight and then 2x obliterate, followed by 2x death siphon, interrupt first shock, AMS through second, boss was at 15% by the 3rd. Ended up being a 2% wipe. With better gear, and better coordination, this should be doable.

One thing that sucks - Desecrated Ground (or w/e the new talent is called) doesn't keep you from being spirit shocked.

This was only possible due to the game being retardedly broken at level 80 since MoP. The str->parry scaling is a lot higher than it should be (had ~82% raid boss avoidance on this fight) and for some reason we're able to use a few of the new ilvl 409 BoE blue items (including the 2h sword 0_o)

Author of MogIt, the transmogrification addon
    80 & 85 DK Soloing Videos