Page 35 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    I had the same issue a few day ago, hiting enrage on hc10 at 16% on my (then) 457 ilvl Blood DK. I reforged everything I had into Haste (I only have tank gear and two or three dps gear), gained something like 7% in haste, I obliterated him the following try.

However I lost some time when I was into Frostmourne, what I am supposed to do in this phase ? Death-gripping some spirits and Deah-Striking them for 40 seconds ?
    well uhmm......just stay alive
    Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock

Did Alysrazor solo thought I'd share some simple tactics.

1. run to alysrazors room, all trash is easily avoidable, you have to kill the 2 firebirds, 2 druids and 2 eggs but this is done very easy by just running around and having the birds fire AOE do all the job!

2. start in frost presence, get 3 feathers and nuke the boss (use dps gear, a mix of dps and tank gear should also work), get through all rings of fire to get full stacks

3. enter ground phase (switch to blood presence), make sure to keep your ring of fire buff up for as long as possible, get the firebirds to eat the worms and nuke the boss once tornados are gone, this is when you should use your dps cooldowns. If you have trouble keeping yourself up use tanking cds (vampiric blood, bone shield) save Icebound Fortitude and AMS for when the boss is attacking you here and just nuke her like there's no tomorrow (dont forget DRW), when Alysrazor goes back into the air just get 3 feathers quickly before the birds kill you.

4. keep nuking her in frost presence and get all rings of fire

5. enter the 2nd ground phase, (boss should be at around 35% when she summons tornados). Make sure the birds eat all worms, keep the ring of fire buff up. Start nuking the boss when tornados are gone, use tanking cds when needed but save AMS and Icebound Fortitude for when the boss is attacking (you will take loads of dmg) she should go down easily before entering another air phase.

If you're having trouble keeping yourself up in the ground phases you can just kill the birds each time they spawn (make sure to be on the ground when they hatch though), the fight will be easier but also longer.

I barely managed to get her down with all birds up in ilvl 467, hit/exp capped and mostly dps gear.

Quote Originally Posted by sharlez View Post
    snip
    Why use frost presence by the way? You lose a significant amount of rune regen speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aryd View Post
    Why use frost presence by the way? You lose a significant amount of rune regen speed.
    Exactly my thoughts, you lose the ability to rune strike amongst other things. Whats the benefit in swapping to frost presence?

Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    Exactly my thoughts, you lose the ability to rune strike amongst other things. Whats the benefit in swapping to frost presence?
    You can definitely Rune Strike in UH Pres. But not Frost?

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    You can definitely Rune Strike in UH Pres. But not Frost?
    Well you *can* but doesnt it have the dodge/parry requirement anymore? I believe removing that was tied to blood presence.

Well you *can* but doesnt it have the dodge/parry requirement anymore? I believe removing that was tied to blood presence.
    Being in Blood spec removed it- so you can go Uh or Frost presence and still Rune Strike np. Where as UH or Frost spec- rune strike has dodge/parry requirement. Because of this I believe the concept to switch to frost pres. is because of the increased damage the presence brings + RP generation.

Presence shouldn't really matter, you'll get enough haste to literally hit heart/death strike 100% of the time you're properly dpsing anyway. But you can rune strike in any presence since MoP, seems that was changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Presence shouldn't really matter, you'll get enough haste to literally hit heart/death strike 100% of the time you're properly dpsing anyway. But you can rune strike in any presence since MoP, seems that was changed.
    Yeah, presence doesnt matter in air phase, I wrongly assumed frost presence still had an increase in dmg done :P, I guess you'd gain a tiny bit more dmg if you're doing it in blood presence flying through some clouds aswell as the rings of fire (tiny bit of vengeance) but probably not worth the hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by sharlez View Post
    Yeah, presence doesnt matter in air phase, I wrongly assumed frost presence still had an increase in dmg done :P, I guess you'd gain a tiny bit more dmg if you're doing it in blood presence flying through some clouds aswell as the rings of fire (tiny bit of vengeance) but probably not worth the hassle.
    The only reason I've stayed in blood presence on that boss is that apparently the hatchling debuff is bugged, and I need to survive them, which is way easier in blood presence.

Can a 90 DK solo 25man 3D Sarth?
    Winterblade 90 Worgen Death Knight
    >> Click signature for Armory link <<

Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post
    Okay it seems I grossly underestimated cata raids Even soloing the bot trash to halfus wasnt easy.

gotta wait for next explansion I guess
    No need. WOTLK raids were soloable during Cata. Cata raids will be soloable during Panda.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

i'm attempting the unholy fusion for shadowmoune, can prof putricide be 2man with 2 DKs? i have to become the abom, but can be DK buddy kill the ooze while I slow them somehow?

can you AMS the green ooze explosion?
    Last edited by tangosmango; 2012-10-12 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    Can a 90 DK solo 25man 3D Sarth?
    God I hope so, free mount for me. Though I still need to kill the drakes individually for that achieve... Any one know if its possible to clear trash.. pull Sarth, and as each of the 3 other dragons come down, kill them and get both achieves?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    God I hope so, free mount for me. Though I still need to kill the drakes individually for that achieve... Any one know if its possible to clear trash.. pull Sarth, and as each of the 3 other dragons come down, kill them and get both achieves?
    If you pull that off, you deserve a cookie :P Why not just do it in 2 resets? Havnt been there in a while but the drakes except for the one that bubbles itself was soloable in my blues back at 85, might be able to nuke him now aswell. That was 10m though, but at least those two are doable. Sarth 3D itself... Look up his health pool, then look up the time it takes for the 2nd dragon to get down, divide hp by time and compare that dps requirement to the dps you can deal over such a timewindow while staying alive. Back at 85 for 10m I could either do enough dps and die at around 25% because dmg became too high or I could stay alive untill everything went immune :P

If you pull that off, you deserve a cookie :P Why not just do it in 2 resets? Havnt been there in a while but the drakes except for the one that bubbles itself was soloable in my blues back at 85, might be able to nuke him now aswell. That was 10m though, but at least those two are doable. Sarth 3D itself... Look up his health pool, then look up the time it takes for the 2nd dragon to get down, divide hp by time and compare that dps requirement to the dps you can deal over such a timewindow while staying alive. Back at 85 for 10m I could either do enough dps and die at around 25% because dmg became too high or I could stay alive untill everything went immune :P
    I could do that for 10 man as I only need to kill one drake (2 resets), which is the one that has 2 realms (from zone in point, drake on the right). However, I think I tried it on 25 man, and couldn't kill it in time before it did its zone swap thing.

EDIT:

So the Drakes name is Shadron, and it looks like there is a zoning bug for his portal.. Will try tonight/today.
    Last edited by Ichy; 2012-10-12 at 01:11 PM.

I think 1 of the Drakes requires at least 2 people to kill, not sure. 3D Sarth is all about killing him before the Drakes come down or close enough.
    Winterblade 90 Worgen Death Knight
    >> Click signature for Armory link <<

You can 2man and kill all drakes during sartharion's engagement. One of you has to go inside though.

Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    I think 1 of the Drakes requires at least 2 people to kill, not sure. 3D Sarth is all about killing him before the Drakes come down or close enough.
    You're correct, however you can bypass this by pumping out I think 40-50k dps in a 70~ second window.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    You're correct, however you can bypass this by pumping out I think 40-50k dps in a 70~ second window.
    IIRC it was 42k dps over the 70s on 10m, 25m will be quite a bit higher. But I might be way off