Page 38 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I did Deathwhisper 25MN last week, 35 wipes seem excesive if you ask me.
    did you do it at level 80 like that guy?

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Should be, he doesn't hit very hard.

I'm currently trying to solo some of ToGC 10, Jarraxus went down with finger in the nose (didn't bother with Northrend Beasts), but Faction Champions are a real pain. How long until the healers (shaman and paladin righth now) run out of mana ? (survivability isn't an issue at all)
    Another question, I have heard it's possible to solo Valithria by controlling an undead that can heal, but which one ?
    I believe it is this one: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=37122

Quote Originally Posted by Aryd View Post
    I believe it is this one: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=37122
    Thanks ! I'll try when I'll get someone willing to defeat Lootship :<
    Abyssal Maw when Blizzard cancelled it.
    Over the Mists, WoW like you've never seen it before !

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Thanks ! I'll try when I'll get someone willing to defeat Lootship :<
    I can help if Alliance, but I want to keep my horde character unsaved.

The best mob to control for doing VDW is the pally/priest version of a Severed Essence from the Val'kyr Heralds that fly around the Upper Spire. That ofc requires a priest or pally to be with you to spawn it though.

I tried using Captain Amath once but his heal has a large mana cost which means you can only do about 5-6 casts before he's oom (and I think he starts with basically no mana anyway). I haven't checked if there's a better mob that alliance can use (since the spawns are different based on faction).
    Author of MogIt, the transmogrification addon
    80 & 85 DK Soloing Videos

Okay, updated a bit with new kills. That being said, I need to rego through every single instance, because a lot of things are outdated now at 90, especially for easier bosses where strategies do not really matter anymore.

Didn't update all the 25m kills yet because there are a lot too much of them (Ulduar/ICC etc..), will re-pass through that later. not sure if I want to include the ones done at 80 either. (probably not, doesnt concern anyone except like 5 people in the entire world)
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2012-10-19 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    not sure if I want to include the ones done at 80 either. (probably not, doesnt concern anyone except like 5 people in the entire world)
    There's not much point tbh. We're a very small minority playing at a very broken level (since MoP at least).
    Author of MogIt, the transmogrification addon
    80 & 85 DK Soloing Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    did you do it at level 80 like that guy?
    Nope, 90.

For me it's usually hard to find players who are willing to help out with killing Lootship battle in ICC10 during each reset :P Usually have to beg a friend or a few guildies.

Maybe we should make a list so we can add each other in game and clear it together each reset?

[EDIT] I would also need to clear 25 Lootship for the Shadowmourne questline.
    Last edited by verseloel; 2012-10-19 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by verseloel View Post
    For me it's usually hard to find players who are willing to help out with killing Lootship battle in ICC10 during each reset :P Usually have to beg a friend or a few guildies.

Maybe we should make a list so we can add each other in game and clear it together each reset?

[EDIT] I would also need to clear 25 Lootship for the Shadowmourne questline.
    You can just kill 10man lootship and then continue 25man, since it shares lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    You can just kill 10man lootship and then continue 25man, since it shares lockout.
    Oh yea! Good point =) totally forgot about that change.

PM me if Horde and interested in CRZ raiding of old content. I love to solo old content and for those fights that cant be done alone I'd be more than happy to group and help. Would appreciate the help in return.
    Horde - DK - Lvl90

---------- Post added 2012-10-19 at 03:53 PM ----------

On a side note looking for some advice to solo at lvl90. I raid DPS and don't tank anything, therefore, I don't collect/purchase/etc. any tanking related gear. What advice would you give for going back to look at this old content with DPS gear in a Blood Spec? Say, Wrath content and beyond? I've done pre-Wrath content and know what I need to be doing there.

I know individual fights will vary but on the whole I'm wondering if I'm really hurting myself by not running in tank gear. Thoughts?
    Last edited by fa3sr011; 2012-10-19 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Double Post

For majority of the fights you solo you want dps gear anyway, thats the disadvantage a MT has when he goes to solo, lack of dps gear, however saying this, there are some fights which require good tank gear to solo but not many.

For wrath you shouldn't have any trouble, except maybe 4th boss in icc depending how much mastery you have in dps gear... it's gonna be trial and error i'm afraid, pretty sure you can fully nuke 90%+ of wrath though.

EDIT: dw Mionee about rhyolith must of been playing bad or just having insane RNG, after commented the other day i brought it to 50% and wiped, went back tonight and 1 shot him ;p hopefully it stays like that lol but P2 was disapointing :/
    Last edited by TwentyTwelve; 2012-10-19 at 09:09 PM.

Seems like Vengeance was hotfixed recently. One can't say it is a surprise.

Won't make that much of a difference though for DK soloing, considering our lack of scaling with it and its irrelevance towards our survival. (lichborne aside). Let's say we lost 1 tier or something.

Came on here just to mention that.. What about Beth though? was going to re kill her this week to progress shannox + beleroc... seems like i can't now, looking like i personally need raid gear / maybe even next raids gear to down beth now, well, unless i try changing the tactics from zerg 1->3 Devestation...

Seems like Vengeance was hotfixed recently. One can't say it is a surprise.

Won't make that much of a difference though for DK soloing, considering our lack of scaling with it and its irrelevance towards our survival. (lichborne aside). Let's say we lost 1 tier or something.
    What is the hotfix Mione? i just noticed less vengeance on sindy thats for sure
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Dunno exactly what the hotfix is, but my wild guess would be that it generates around 40% of the old value or something similar.
    There has also been a change towards the "ramp-up" formula of some kind, not sure what exactly. Maybe the % is actually the same but the ramp-up was removed entirely. I dunno.
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2012-10-20 at 03:20 AM.

Yup just did Spirit kings with my guild and we wiped at 25% ( on 4th guy) because i usually ate the annihilation for more Vengeance i usually got around 150-200k and i only got 55k or so and without the dps i did on Qiang or w/e which was in bursts of like 250k i did 17k which was the hugest difference for my guild Also have you tried madness again after hitting 90 since you got the arm tentacle to 34% back at 85?
    Last edited by Aprixius; 2012-10-20 at 03:21 AM.
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Dunno exactly what the hotfix is, but my wild guess would be that it generates around 40% of the old value or something similar.
    There has also been a change towards the "ramp-up" formula of some kind, not sure what exactly. Maybe the % is actually the same but the ramp-up was removed entirely. I dunno.
    Does this mean that Mandokir won't be soloable with Purgatory as we won't get enough AP from vengance to outheal Purgatory debuf with death siphon?
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
    Revelations 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
    Does this mean that Mandokir won't be soloable with Purgatory as we won't get enough AP from vengance to outheal Purgatory debuf with death siphon?
    Sadly, it looks like that :/ I was getting about 250k AP and my DSiphon hit for only 100k. Unless I did something terribly wrong, it doesn't seem to be killable anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty7KyF1TCLQ this is pretty much what my attempts have looked like yesterday, after that one, i finally gave up trying!