Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can anyone recommend any content for a beginner soloer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Symby View Post
    so if you see them making a class change a buff or a nerf that means they know what they are doing, they have skilled emplyees that are specially trained for such things(ppl that are balancing the game mechanics)!
    Until they kill the viability of your spec/class in PVE and PVP for nearly an entire expansion. But I guess that doesn't count because it makes your Gods look bad, am I right?.

Quote Originally Posted by Onigumo View Post
    Naxx10. 10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Onigumo View Post
    With 378 gear from HoT's and a few 397s, I was able to do Kael'thas, Onyxia, Malygos, and 3/4s of VoA. You might need to read a little bit into solo strategies, but they are a good starting point.

Thanks guys, I will do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Symby View Post
    so if you see them making a class change a buff or a nerf that means they know what they are doing, they have skilled emplyees that are specially trained for such things(ppl that are balancing the game mechanics)!
    Until they kill the viability of your spec/class in PVE and PVP for nearly an entire expansion. But I guess that doesn't count because it makes your Gods look bad, am I right?.

I was just wondering, Come mist, what is the state of blood dk soloing on mechanics that have a mind control or something like that. Much like Kael'thas, we need to spec out of blood worms for that, Will this become impossible to do since we get worms whether we like it or not.

I have never been MCd on KT. My Blood spec has always has blood worms.
    To answer your direct question, there are no known changes to pre-existing MC mechanics. We can't change if we do or don't have summoned minions any more than not pressing Raise Dead or Army of the Dead.

I think you only get mc'ed when the bloodworm takes agro of the boss, I allways did it with bloodworms in spec and haven't had any problems (maybe the bloodworms get mc'ed but it doesen't matter anyway).

Ah thats alright then! I've always been told that having bloodworms will cause you to be mind controlled and you had to run a spec without them. That is nice to know then!

I redirected to this forum after posting previously. I soloed LK with no UI (alt-z). It was an interesting fight with a more strict cooldown rotation (at least for me, since I don't have a whole bunch of heroic gear). youtube(dot)com/watch?v=QLq3z4SRu-M

Quote Originally Posted by Juzzy View Post
    Ah thats alright then! I've always been told that having bloodworms will cause you to be mind controlled and you had to run a spec without them. That is nice to know then!
    Careful, it happened to me. You get Mc'ed, then the boss despawns because there is no valid target.

It doesn't happen frequently though, most of the time you will just resist it. (I do it as a Belf, arcane resist must help, since it's an arcane spell)

Question for you Mionee, i attempted Halion normal on my dk after killing the lich king and was shocked at how hard/weird it is..

I noticed i can't get her under 5m after she starts healing till i start whacking 200k death strikes easily, she normally goes to 6.5m life when that stage comes but enrage is about a minute and half off, any tips for P3? I feel like i shouldn't be struggling with N Halion and yet i am.

My gears quite bad due to be not really rolling on much for my dps and i have made a different dk on a different realm, but i'm asking cause i will be trying Halion again.

Hello all,

I'm currently struggling futilely against Kel'Thuzad 25 man. If anyone has any advice at all I would appreciate it badly.

I've tried it in regular tank spec and tank gear, I've tried it in the 2nd spec linked in Mione's OP with full dps gear reforged for expertise (based off of this video). Full tank gear takes me longer into the fight and a bit more into KT's health pool, but I inevitably wipe around 21%+ and have no clue how do an extra 3mil damage and not die almost immediately to the 4 adds.

Ilvl in both sets of gear: 388, LFR Gurth, almost all LFR gear / VP purchased gear

Examples of attempts I've done:

Full dps gear, normal raiding blood tank spec, not reforged for expertise: 13 minutes, 21k dps, KT down to 3.9 mil (26%)
    Full dps gear, "dps" blood spec, reforged for expertise: 13 minutes, 21k dps, KT down to 3.5 mil (23%)
    Full tank gear besides trinkets (License to Slay, LFR Eye of Unmaking), "dps" blood spec: 17 minutes, 18k dps, KT down to 2.3 mil (15%)

Link to my DK's armory in latter tank gear/spec since that was the last attempt I did before giving up for the night.

Honestly I feel like I must be missing something fundamentally crazy about blood soloing, especially since the video I linked seemingly has the guy doing 26k dps, a number I am nowhere close to. I'm keeping my runic power at or above 100, I'm using DRW(+ERW) on cooldown... the only thing I haven't done a bunch is sit in void zones for the vengeance. My DS is critting for 80k max in tank gear if that helps any? I don't know, I just feel embarrassed since obviously other people and Mione just breeze through the encounter without thinking twice about it, for breakfast, 3 months ago, in gear a tier below mine... and I can't even fathom how the encounter is even possible.

Alternatively, the second video I was studying a bunch was this one which, instead of dps gear, advocates full heroic DS tank gear (and presumably h gurth.. tears). If that is the case is it just a question of a gear check? - and I should just wait till MoP since I don't raid heroics on my DK? Or, since other people have done it before, am I really doing something wrong?

Sorry for the long winded post, thank you in advance for any tips you may have to give me.
    Last edited by Maenia; 2012-06-28 at 12:22 PM.

Refresh bone shield right when p4 starts (without dropping your blood shield). Kel'Thuzad 25 is all about having your Blood Shield last as long as possible, since you can get it up to 100% of your health very easily during the first 60%. It shouldn't be destroyed until a very long time into last phase. Also, you don't need to keep your RP at or above 100, anything higher than 30-40 is more than enough, you must probably be holding too much on Rune Strikes. (Also, don't interrupt him because that's a waste of RP.)

edit: finally, consider reforging your avoidance stats into haste and/or hit/expertise (if you're willing to respec, yo should be okay with reforging as well).
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2012-06-28 at 02:44 PM.

Also, I'm soloing this at 25 (for challenge, ofc, not worth the time for the gold, etc.) each week and now I'm at my third kill, if you want to go in dps gear or tank gear depends, in tank gear you will survive longer, but ofc adds will get more stacks, and you might have enrage problems, you have to see what it's better, also consider a mix. Personally although I never tried now in 396 dps gear, I feel like tank gear, once you have enough dps for his enrage, is more reliable, look at the videos, the one in dps gear full FL heroic had 6k (!) when kt died, one more hit from an add and wipe, the ones in tank gear (also "mopodep" did it in full 400 tank gear) end up almost full hp, and there are 2 more videos ("avanger1304" and "setoiwow" doing it in dps gear and tank gear respectively with 26k and almost full hp left, so it's not a case).

My first kill I had full tank gear with dps trinkets (eye of unmaking RF and rotting skull), also only gurthalak RF as weapon, average item level 393.

Also use all the possible buffs, they help a lot surviving the spiders damage, I normally go with prismatic elixir since you can't interrupt all frostbolts and they deal around 26k frost, 90 strenght and stamina food and runescroll of fortitude; you could as well use drums of forgotten kings, more frost resistance, more damage, more healing, more absorb.

If all is done correctly, you should be starting to get hit by the adds at around 2-2,5 millions, and not able to heal back enough with VB, and also I don't feel like (at least in my gear) it's a good idea not interrupting frostbolts, cause they really do a lot of damage on 25, I always interrupt the first he casts and ams when on CD.

From 2 millions or similar you can use army, DO NOT spread diseases or you will get aggro and keep single targetting kt to heal + shield while spiders kill ghouls; if you get alive till 1 million with icebound fortitude ready, should be a kill; use it as well as ghoul sacrifice and ERW if you still have them (using ERW when spiders come it can be ready again towards the end) and in those 12 sec you should build up enough shield to kill him before he kills you.

If you have problems way earlier, most likely you don't have enough gear, cause it's quite a gearcheck also, even now that I got gurthalak normal and slightly better tank gear, it still took me 3 attempts this week.[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2012-06-28 at 06:18 PM.

beta: Maloriak wipe at 500k hp fuuuuu, fuck our super derpy low DPS.

Lol, seems really a close one on maloriak.

However, anyone knows if there's a special strategy for Brutallus, or just a gearcheck? I normally ams since the first stack of meteor slash, then dps as much as possible, also using DRW on cd, and AMS all meteor slashes I can, and when I cannot I either wait till it hits and then do some DS for 30k heals each time, or use ghouls\IBF\ERW. Tried in 396 item level full dps gear with normal gurthalak, wasn't even close, so anyone also knows how much dps gear is required? In tank gear I can survive almost 5 mins but ofc don't have the dps for it, and in dps gear I'd have the dps for it, but die after less than 3 minutes, when I need almost 5 to kill him.

More beta stuff :
    - Beth'tilac: left her at 1m6 hp aka less than 10% -_- fuuuuu, I hate blood's low DPS on beta. will go down with better gear (better than 483 ) aka on live, or if our DPS gets buffed to be on par with other tanks (read: promised Death Strike buff). Maybe simply having Pandaland gems/consumables and/or not having 300 latency would do the trick, though.
    - Alysrazor can be killed fairly easily using the level 85 strat (the one I used to bring her down to 35~%). On the single attempt I could do, I tried the normal strat. I could kill everything downstairs without any issue whatsoever (I was even starting to get bored in between mobs), but the encounter bugged and she despawned, considering it as a kill though - she is "defeated" in my instance lock out. (extremely funny bug, after the first burnout phase, every mob fell under the ground, then when aly came back on the ground, she fell through the ground too )
    - Rhyolith: killed! Somehow I managed not to let him drink magma at all. I'm still stoked I managed that!

Currently clearing trash in order to spawn Shannox, but fuck this is boring fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.
    edit: Ok, spent a lot of time on Shannox. I think he's doable with a tiny bit of luck, slightly better gear, and most importantly no lag. This beta server is so terrible it's not even funny. Brought Shannox around 40% with both dogs on the verge of dieing, lasted for somewhere around 7 minutes. Definitely doable IMO, but it's very very intense.
    Baleroc isn't pretty, needs more gear (a lot). Both enrage and survivability are a problem, enrage will remain a problem for very long (IMO), survivability should be fine with first tier tank gear.
    Couldn't explore any further. Domo should be impossible, Ragnaros should be doable unless he melees too hard.

So far we're looking at 3/4 BoT, 3/6 BWD (with 4/6 definitely possible-Maloriak), 1/2 To4W (Al'Akir is killable, no question, and conclave is uncertain but a probable no), 2/7 Firelands (with 4/7 definitely possible-Beth'tilac+Shannox, maybe 5/7 - Ragnaros). Not too shabby IMO, we'll see what happens next. Morchok should be pretty easy, but I don't think the other bosses will fall over that easily (depends on how much % the dragon soul buff goes up to)
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2012-06-29 at 07:17 AM.

That's great! But how do you think to overcome Cho'gall's Conversion?
    Last edited by Pragnoran; 2012-06-30 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pragnoran View Post
    That's great! But how do you think to overcome Cho'gall's Conversion?
    He doesn't target the tank by default. If this continues when there's only one person on the combat table is another question.

Let's hope that it doesnt work when you are solo.