Page 42 of 86 FirstFirst ...
32
40
41
42
43
44
52
... LastLast
  1. #821
    Hello,

    I've just managed to solo Omnotron Defense System and Valiona & Theralion with my shitty 465 ilvl gear (my solo DK is an alt so I don't have an access to raid gear) I've also tried Halfus but I was quickly destroyed as he had healing debuff last week. I have few questions now.

    Which T11, T12, T13 bosses are soloable with shitty blue heroic gear and occasional piece from LFR?
    Magmaw has come into my mind, but I don't know how to handle parasites.
    Atramedes and Maloriak should be soloable IMO.
    Chim - maybe with a bit of luck.
    Al'Akir should be soloable but I don't have access to him right now.

    Also I've tried Lord Rhyolith, but his turning is really a co*kblock for me. When I manage to turn him to left, he just turns to right. I've tried doing this without diseases or using heart strike and it didn't help. Any advices?

    Thanks for feedback

  2. #822
    The Lightbringer Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The moon
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by SKOTy View Post
    Hello,

    I've just managed to solo Omnotron Defense System and Valiona & Theralion with my shitty 465 ilvl gear (my solo DK is an alt so I don't have an access to raid gear) I've also tried Halfus but I was quickly destroyed as he had healing debuff last week. I have few questions now.

    Which T11, T12, T13 bosses are soloable with shitty blue heroic gear and occasional piece from LFR?
    Magmaw has come into my mind, but I don't know how to handle parasites.
    Atramedes and Maloriak should be soloable IMO.
    Chim - maybe with a bit of luck.
    Al'Akir should be soloable but I don't have access to him right now.

    Also I've tried Lord Rhyolith, but his turning is really a co*kblock for me. When I manage to turn him to left, he just turns to right. I've tried doing this without diseases or using heart strike and it didn't help. Any advices?

    Thanks for feedback
    I don't know how to do Rhyo as I haven't tried him myself.. That being said:
    Alyz, Morchok, possibly Yor'sajh (don't know), Elemental council (In BoT) should all be soloable with minimal gear.


  3. #823
    Quote Originally Posted by SKOTy View Post
    Hello,

    I've just managed to solo Omnotron Defense System and Valiona & Theralion with my shitty 465 ilvl gear (my solo DK is an alt so I don't have an access to raid gear) I've also tried Halfus but I was quickly destroyed as he had healing debuff last week. I have few questions now.

    Which T11, T12, T13 bosses are soloable with shitty blue heroic gear and occasional piece from LFR?
    Magmaw has come into my mind, but I don't know how to handle parasites.
    Atramedes and Maloriak should be soloable IMO.
    Chim - maybe with a bit of luck.
    Al'Akir should be soloable but I don't have access to him right now.

    Also I've tried Lord Rhyolith, but his turning is really a co*kblock for me. When I manage to turn him to left, he just turns to right. I've tried doing this without diseases or using heart strike and it didn't help. Any advices?

    Thanks for feedback
    I downed rhyo 2 days ago, you have to nuke his legs like shit to turn him. While doing that you have to ignore the adds (which sometimes really fuckin hurts).

    You can take a look at my kill to figure out the right strategy:
    Sneak in? What do you think we are? Marmots?
    -Brann Bronzebeard

  4. #824
    Alyz is complete faceroll so i didn't event bother with mentioning her, though It took me 3 phases to burn her down due to secondary stat inflation.

    Panetale: I was trying to nuke the living shit of his his legs but the best I managed was to make him stomp over one volcano, than he drunk lava because he changed his direction to opposite Oo
    I will look at your video when I got back from work.

    Any thoughts on Shannox and Beth'ilac?

    Also what are you thinking of Baleroc, with decent RNG and AMS timing should he be soloable? At the end of fight you have ton of HP and he hits you like a truck, that means a LOT of vengeance.

  5. #825
    Quote Originally Posted by SKOTy View Post
    Alyz is complete faceroll so i didn't event bother with mentioning her, though It took me 3 phases to burn her down due to secondary stat inflation.

    Panetale: I was trying to nuke the living shit of his his legs but the best I managed was to make him stomp over one volcano, than he drunk lava because he changed his direction to opposite Oo
    I will look at your video when I got back from work.

    Any thoughts on Shannox and Beth'ilac?

    Also what are you thinking of Baleroc, with decent RNG and AMS timing should he be soloable? At the end of fight you have ton of HP and he hits you like a truck, that means a LOT of vengeance.
    I wanted to try Baleroc within the next few days, brought Beth to 10% with my dps gear (its still blue because i just get tank gear) but with the few epics i got now it should be doable.

    Shannox might not be doable until heroic full heroic gear cause you have to do this on heroic (no enraging hounds). I imagine permakiting him..
    Sneak in? What do you think we are? Marmots?
    -Brann Bronzebeard

  6. #826
    Got Shannox very easily on my first attempt.
    Heroic might be doable as well, might even be easier actually, depending on how much he hits for.

    I WISH MY BLOOD SHIELD WAS OVER 100%. jesus this gear scaling is annoyng <_<

    edit: oneshotted beth'tilac as well. fairly lucky in the end, but she ate a spiderling and healed back to 20% so i guess that compensates. no str pots or anyhing either, but i have a 502 wep. should be doable with worse gear easily though i think
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2012-10-31 at 12:59 PM.

  7. #827
    Moderator Fnx-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,375
    Update front page Mione with all the new recent kills

    Envy - Kazzak EU (www.envy.si)
    MY DK

  8. #828
    Will do but finishing this firelands first!

    baleroc 11%, meh. might be able to kill it if i pushed my luck and equipped a STR trinket instead of the shado-pan stam trinket, but cba wasting consumables on this. definitely in the range of killing next time i come around there.
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2012-10-31 at 01:48 PM.

  9. #829
    Just 2 man,d raggy 10 man have to say that he was a complete joke when you have another blood dk with you...
    Don.t even have to bother with the adds spawning in the hammer face since you can soak most of that dmg with ams/barrier ...
    soloing it on either 10 man normal/ hc is a matter of gear and effort.

    Both tanks was under 470 item level

  10. #830
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,917
    Just curious, how would one go about soloing alysrazor? havent kept up with this thread for a while and I see that some of you have already downed her.. I'd really love to get me that mount.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  11. #831
    Fly around at the beginning, when the "The Molten Eggs begin to hatch" message comes up you should go back downstairs, kill hatchlings, then go back up and fly around. You should be able to get around 6~ stacks before the hatchlings spawn (they will fade by the time you finish off hatchlings), and fairly easily get 25 stacks before the end of the flying phase.
    Rinse and repeat (at the end of the 3rd phase she won't fly up anymore, but that soft enrage was beaten at 85 - should be trivial at 90), I didn't even need a 2nd burnout phase to kill her this week, tbh I think even heroic is doable.


    Updated thread, same deal as always, if I missed anything just tell me.
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2012-10-31 at 03:11 PM.

  12. #832
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Fly around at the beginning, when the "The Molten Eggs begin to hatch" message comes up you should go back downstairs, kill hatchlings, then go back up and fly around. You should be able to get around 6~ stacks before the hatchlings spawn (they will fade by the time you finish off hatchlings), and fairly easily get 25 stacks before the end of the flying phase.
    Rinse and repeat (at the end of the 3rd phase she won't fly up anymore, but that soft enrage was beaten at 85 - should be trivial at 90), I didn't even need a 2nd burnout phase to kill her this week, tbh I think even heroic is doable.


    Updated thread, same deal as always, if I missed anything just tell me.
    I'm lost, I can't even pull Alys, the two mobs in front of her destroy me in full 363 tank gear. I have 104% Blood Shield. How are people doing this? Literally I can't manage to last 10+ seconds between the birds and the cast that the two adds cast. It seems to do an insane amount of damage.

  13. #833
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartanG01 View Post
    I'm lost, I can't even pull Alys, the two mobs in front of her destroy me in full 363 tank gear. I have 104% Blood Shield. How are people doing this? Literally I can't manage to last 10+ seconds between the birds and the cast that the two adds cast. It seems to do an insane amount of damage.
    I believe the trick is to get on one of the birds and have them destroy each other+ adds

  14. #834
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    I believe the trick is to get on one of the birds and have them destroy each other+ adds
    Can you get on the birds before the adds are killed? I hadn't even tried... I watched a video and the guy uses the birds targetting him to kill the adds and eggs then gets on a bird.

  15. #835
    You can just completely ignore the adds and just burn the boss, use defensive CDs when she attacks you during the burnphase (save IBF at about 94~ energy), makes killing her a lot quicker since you get a lot of veng during the burn phase.

  16. #836
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartanG01 View Post
    I'm lost, I can't even pull Alys, the two mobs in front of her destroy me in full 363 tank gear. I have 104% Blood Shield. How are people doing this? Literally I can't manage to last 10+ seconds between the birds and the cast that the two adds cast. It seems to do an insane amount of damage.
    Use AMS for the second cast they do (fieroclast barrage). Run away from the bolts of fire that the birds shoot at you.

    You don't have to mount the birds, they will automatically target you, so this means you can make them shoot wherever you want. DPS the egg piles and turn around them, then dps the birds.

  17. #837
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartanG01 View Post
    I'm lost, I can't even pull Alys, the two mobs in front of her destroy me in full 363 tank gear. I have 104% Blood Shield. How are people doing this? Literally I can't manage to last 10+ seconds between the birds and the cast that the two adds cast. It seems to do an insane amount of damage.
    Let the birds shoot the fire above the adds and the eggs and after make them kill among themselves!

  18. #838
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Use AMS for the second cast they do (fieroclast barrage). Run away from the bolts of fire that the birds shoot at you.

    You don't have to mount the birds, they will automatically target you, so this means you can make them shoot wherever you want. DPS the egg piles and turn around them, then dps the birds.
    Lol maybe I'm just bad at this.. I'ma set up a spec/gear system just for doing this to farm that mount lol. Does it hurt at all to bring a second player? I have a Holy Paladin I basically force to duo things with me all the time lol

  19. #839
    Mmkay, admittedly I am not specifically talking about Firelands which is what the topic is on and I am new to this thread, but I have been soloing on my blood DK since level 80 when I successfully soloed Karazhan. I was wondering about two things on the first post regarding 2 much older encounters for clarification reasons.

    1, I know it's really old school and not done too much because the raid is not a challenge and most people just farm the mount off of Attumen, but saying that all of the encounters is trivial I think is misleading. The Chess Event is one of the most frustrating solos I've ever had the displeasure of doing, and I think it might be a good idea to have a video link or a quick synopsis on the importance of healers (bishops), AoE buff (king), and a few other mechanics to win the fight. You have to constantly switch chess pieces if you ever hope to succeed, and I don't necessarily see that as trivial.

    2, I'm not positive that Sarth 3D is the DPS race that it is being made out to be. I have been trying this recently, and maybe this is new in patch 5.0, but Sarth doesn't seem to become invulnerable right when Shadron lands. I have read up on WoWwiki that stated that Shadron makes Sarth immortal when there is more than 1 player but merely makes himself immortal when only 1 player is present. I know this is against everything you've ever heard, but that tended to be my experience with my "of the Nightfall" solo attempt. In fact, I was barely breaking 35k DPS. Was this just a lucky fluke or has this encounter changed since 5.0? Thanks!

  20. #840
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Fly around at the beginning, when the "The Molten Eggs begin to hatch" message comes up you should go back downstairs, kill hatchlings, then go back up and fly around. You should be able to get around 6~ stacks before the hatchlings spawn (they will fade by the time you finish off hatchlings), and fairly easily get 25 stacks before the end of the flying phase.
    Rinse and repeat (at the end of the 3rd phase she won't fly up anymore, but that soft enrage was beaten at 85 - should be trivial at 90), I didn't even need a 2nd burnout phase to kill her this week, tbh I think even heroic is doable.


    Updated thread, same deal as always, if I missed anything just tell me.
    Ooh awesome, would this be possible with blood in dps gear? 470ilvl.. I've got squat all tank gear at the moment >.<
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-10-31 at 04:04 PM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •