Page 58 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyballz View Post
    Not really a solo question but a two man question with a Blood DK and Elemental Shaman. Both at 90 and MGV/HoF geared. We decided to start doing Ulduar 25 man every week to get the Shaman her Legendary from there. A bonus to this would be if we could farm for Mimiron's Head while we are at it. Everything before Yogg was trivial. We tried Yogg+0 and got completely destroyed. In a matter of 15sec into phase 2 our Sanity was already at 30 or lower and then we went insane. We have both done this MANY MANY times and know the mechanics but there was nothing we did wrong. Just kept getting shot by a d*mn beam like a gun and nothing we could do about it. Is this possible to 2 man? If so can anyone give some hints as to how to accomplish this?
    It's been done solo I believe, check videos on youtube by mione and company. Don't see why 2 man shouldn't be possible. Don't expect it to be easy tho.

Quote Originally Posted by pallyballz View Post
    Not really a solo question but a two man question with a Blood DK and Elemental Shaman. Both at 90 and MGV/HoF geared. We decided to start doing Ulduar 25 man every week to get the Shaman her Legendary from there. A bonus to this would be if we could farm for Mimiron's Head while we are at it. Everything before Yogg was trivial. We tried Yogg+0 and got completely destroyed. In a matter of 15sec into phase 2 our Sanity was already at 30 or lower and then we went insane. We have both done this MANY MANY times and know the mechanics but there was nothing we did wrong. Just kept getting shot by a d*mn beam like a gun and nothing we could do about it. Is this possible to 2 man? If so can anyone give some hints as to how to accomplish this?

I 4man it every week, it's just not doable with less imo. You need a healer for the final phase, and it's incredibly RnG as sometimes you get unlucky and can enter the final phase with >10 sanity or sometimes even go insane.

I play as blood with a Resto druid, pull the adds in to a corner and have him standing next to me to get healing aggro, taunt the adds off him and let the 2 dpsers stay on yogg. Could potentially 3man it in better gear with good RnG, I guess

Soloing will be an option once gear scales through the roof, on 25 with no keepers the adds will tear your ass open after there's about 8 up.
    Last edited by hasslehoof; 2012-11-28 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    It's been done solo I believe, check videos on youtube by mione and company. Don't see why 2 man shouldn't be possible. Don't expect it to be easy tho.
    Soloing Yogg is actually a lot easier than 2/3 manning it due to how the mechanics work. 2 manning yogg is probably close to impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I'm gonna agree with Regen here, it was only doable at 80 because of ICC gear, at 85 with only questing green / blues you're gonna have a bad time trying. You should be able to do some Ulduar 25 for the legendary in there, but don't expect to have it easy before you get to 90 and get atleast 463. For Shadowmourne you want more people, just flat out more people. Unholy infusion you need atleast 1 more blood DK (to do the fight while you play amalgamation), for blood you need 8 people (you need to bite 3, they also need to bite people or they'll get MC'd), frost infusion is soloable however. After that you just need to clear the place on 25man for a couple of weeks and you'll have it.
    Really I have to read this? I was levelling some blood dks for mass onyxia mount farming, and guess what? Soloed the trash at level 82 with death siphon and some kiting, 46k hp, 220 item level.

Please test your ideas before writing.

Tried onyxia, she got me after 1 min, bought 3 items 415, which led me to an average item level of 267, so NOTHING a quest geared 82 couldn't reach and got her, using defensive cds to survive p1 and p3 and having a bit hard time keeping up with adds on p2, so I don't see a reason why an expert player shouldn't be able to do this in 85 greens atm (I had 73k hp with this gear).

Survivability became INSANE after 5.0.4, even though the first onyxia kills were done by mionelol and raegwyn with tank gear at early cata, that doesn't mean it was not doable at lower level now, just had to try before saying it wasn't.

I'll link the armory of my second dk in case, but there's really nothing special aside from the fact that death siphon is OP pre-85 and should definitely be used in place of death pact, and as glyphs I used AMS and VB, the other glyph I had, unholy command, was not really useful for this. Also, between lichborne, purgatory and AMZ, I took lichborne, as on a physical fight like onyxia it's the only one you can find useful, and I personally needed it once on p1, once or twice on p3, and I also reforged all the excess hit and expertise to mastery and had 100% blood shield.

Fight lasted 26 mins and some sec, definitely challenging but possible, and the trash was much easier with 267 item level; with 220 item level I just had to use all cds and take them 1 by one, definitely not impossible to do if you have some soloing experience, I would also like to remember you were talking about level 85 quest gear, not 82.

2 screenshots about the trash at 220 item level:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...rashsolo1.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...rashsolo2.jpg/
    4 screenshots about onyxia at 267 item level:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...nyxia289k.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/onyxia23k.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...nyxiadead.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...illonyxia.jpg/
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2012-11-28 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Stay in the ring and they won't do that.

Also it's BT not bot
    Meant BT, dunno why I said bot lol. Guess I've got T11 on my mind.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

BT is really trivial now as frost as i've stated before in previous posts. Use army during 2nd phase head, interupt first spirit shock, Roll AMS when next is coming up, keep dpsing, drop AMZ as well as it mitigates quite a bit of the reflect dmg. Should be dead then, if not drop a strangulate when you're out of the spirit shock as it rotates through your ghouls. If you lose alot of hp, use death pact.

Everything else in BT is dps till dead. Use army on Council. Elementals won't enrage if you stand inbetween both glaives in the center.

Lil update for everyone: When going through naxx for pets, did everything but military + saph + kt as frost super easily, even patchy... forgot to kill all the trash as well and killed him and all the trash.. figured i was probably dead.. lol...

I find death strike to win really boring and find doing things as frost much more interesting...
    Last edited by Acry; 2012-11-28 at 04:48 AM.

So due to 5.1 and them saying they made all the bosses pre mop with quirky mechanics solo able I decided to try sun well on my dk. I've tw manned every thing and I was curious how the Kalecgos fight would play out now after the patch. they must not have done anything with that boss, I was never "ported" in to fight his better half and thus the fight bugged. Anyone else try the fight post 5.1?

With that said, is RQ/Coucil in BT any better? Someone go try LDW/Gunship too!

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    With that said, is RQ/Coucil in BT any better? Someone go try LDW/Gunship too!
    Wasn't changed at all (bt)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Intent View Post
    So due to 5.1 and them saying they made all the bosses pre mop with quirky mechanics solo able I decided to try sun well on my dk. I've tw manned every thing and I was curious how the Kalecgos fight would play out now after the patch. they must not have done anything with that boss, I was never "ported" in to fight his better half and thus the fight bugged. Anyone else try the fight post 5.1?
    They only changed razorgore, viscidus and naj'entus as far as I'm aware.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

Field Marshal
    Almost forgot to showoff.

LK25 heroic try until berserker @ 81 DK. Why 81? Because i'm too lazy to do all things properly to survive , lvl 81 got more HP and more dps, but at 82 and higher all stats will slowly go down even in BiS gear. Yes, i did many tactic mistakes here; maybe if i would not kill shamblings , then slow and run away from them to avoid one-shot when stunned while being ported to Frostmourne room (to save them for another 40 sec LK phase) etc i would MAYBE get him to ~25% until berserker. Then rotate all CD's to survive soul reaper ( application and tick) and hope to not get hit by melee attack, then MAYBE it will be dead. But as i said im too lazy for all those wipes and tries, i already wiped on him (25hc) like 80 times on my 80 and 81 total and didnt want to lose more time on boring 10-15 min tries and deaths because of one tiny mistake.

Anyway- here is the try, 3x speed up, no music, clicking everything. Enjoy

WoL of the try: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...ard/?s=6&e=893
    Also - http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/5...geanceblea.jpg 250k AP at one of the tries ( means 240k vengeance)
    Last edited by bagosham; 2012-11-28 at 08:17 AM.

Sorry if it has been asked/answered before, but are the twin emps/C'thun now easily doable at 90?

Is it just a case of doing around 25k dps(?) to out damage the heal on emperors?

Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    Sorry if it has been asked/answered before, but are the twin emps/C'thun now easily doable at 90?

Is it just a case of doing around 25k dps(?) to out damage the heal on emperors?
    That's what it's always been, they've been easily doable since 85.

I finally tried ZA timer run yesterday, with 463/lfr stuff. DPS gear all the timer except for Nalorakk.

Nothing difficult here. I managed to beat the timer event with one stupid death on Nalorakk.
    Quote Originally Posted by phred754 View Post
    "Nerf Rock. Paper is fine."
    - Scissors
    Originally Posted by Nakatoir (Blue Tracker)
    Off-spec healers such as Shadow, Elemental, Paladin and Laser Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Really I have to read this? I was levelling some blood dks for mass onyxia mount farming, and guess what? Soloed the trash at level 82 with death siphon and some kiting, 46k hp, 220 item level.

Please test your ideas before writing.

Tried onyxia, she got me after 1 min, bought 3 items 415, which led me to an average item level of 267, so NOTHING a quest geared 82 couldn't reach and got her, using defensive cds to survive p1 and p3 and having a bit hard time keeping up with adds on p2, so I don't see a reason why an expert player shouldn't be able to do this in 85 greens atm (I had 73k hp with this gear).

Survivability became INSANE after 5.0.4, even though the first onyxia kills were done by mionelol and raegwyn with tank gear at early cata, that doesn't mean it was not doable at lower level now, just had to try before saying it wasn't.

I'll link the armory of my second dk in case, but there's really nothing special aside from the fact that death siphon is OP pre-85 and should definitely be used in place of death pact, and as glyphs I used AMS and VB, the other glyph I had, unholy command, was not really useful for this. Also, between lichborne, purgatory and AMZ, I took lichborne, as on a physical fight like onyxia it's the only one you can find useful, and I personally needed it once on p1, once or twice on p3, and I also reforged all the excess hit and expertise to mastery and had 100% blood shield.

Fight lasted 26 mins and some sec, definitely challenging but possible, and the trash was much easier with 267 item level; with 220 item level I just had to use all cds and take them 1 by one, definitely not impossible to do if you have some soloing experience, I would also like to remember you were talking about level 85 quest gear, not 82.

2 screenshots about the trash at 220 item level:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...rashsolo1.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...rashsolo2.jpg/
    4 screenshots about onyxia at 267 item level:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...nyxia289k.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/onyxia23k.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...nyxiadead.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...illonyxia.jpg/
    *Was*
    At 80
    In WotLK
    With WotLK spells
    Also, what 409's did you buy? It can have a REEEAAALY big impact.

Tried the gunship, adds still throw Burning Pitch if you're on the guns or on the other side but it's no longer an auto wipe if you man a gun
    He said the same thing he'd been saying for hours, burn them all...

Quote Originally Posted by ShinRa26 View Post
    Tried the gunship, adds still throw Burning Pitch if you're on the guns or on the other side but it's no longer an auto wipe if you man a gun
    Mmmmh. Are you sure about that?

That'd make Gunship completely soloable, I remember managing to bring it down to 90% or so by killing every mob on their ship that can throw Burning Pitch, and then jumping into cannons and shooting only one quick shot before getting out of it (avoiding reset that way). Then at some point it resetted regardless.

If what you said is true then Gunship is absolutely 100% soloable now.

vvvvvv I guess the post right below mine 1 minute later confirms that, haha. grats!
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2012-11-29 at 02:01 AM.

I know this crap is getting boring but I'll call it anyway. WF Gunship in ICC solo!
    Apparently they did change the encounter, now when you're alone and use the cannons encounter won't reset.
    However, it's really hard, I barely made it with both ships dying at the same time and me alongside them but I still managed it. And that was 10 man normal.
    I realise in time with more practise it will be easier but this fight is more skill then gear and it's hectic jumping over, shooting and throwing entire time which is short so you don't really have space for any mistakes. Adds spawning from portal unless killed immediately will start burning down your ship. And while you're fighting them canoneers from other side are shooting. Add into that jumping over every free second to kill the mage and you have yourself a really 'fun' fight, for me personaly in the ranks of soloing Firefighter. I'd love to see if anyone will be able to do this on 10 heroic or 25 mans
    Last edited by Umchilli; 2012-11-29 at 02:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Confirmation, the gunship is soloable!
    Did it in frost to use howling blast which deals with some of the riflemen, mounting the gun and going bat shit crazy with it, jumping over to deal with the sorcerors and killing the adds which board your ship.
    Took a few tries and I sacraficed a few hits to my own ship in exchange for more damage on the cannon but all in all, it is now soloable!
    He said the same thing he'd been saying for hours, burn them all...

Interesting, quite interesting. The only roadblock in ICC for me was damn gunship and now its doable, excellent! OT: I got myself a glaive