Page 62 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm bad I can't even solo twin emperors

Honestly what is the trick to this, no matter what I do they heal too full constantly!!
    Last edited by Maklor; 2012-12-01 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I'm bad I can't even solo twin emperors
    Honestly what is the trick to this, no matter what I do they heal too full constantly!!
    lol. me too. it was easy for retri pala, but impossible for my blood/frost dk.

Even as frost with army up the best I got was 76%.

They spam heals every second!!!

Try doing it as blood, and putting yourself against a wall. That worked for me yesterday. Went really fast with my gear (yeah, I have some tank gear, main spec)
    Abyssal Maw when Blizzard cancelled it.
    Over the Mists, WoW like you've never seen it before !

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Try doing it as blood, and putting yourself against a wall. That worked for me yesterday. Went really fast with my gear (yeah, I have some tank gear, main spec)
    I tried in both specs, no luck.

And I actually have a bit better gear than you - I did stand in the corner, I saw some pally video about positioning.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gaile/advanced

Not exactly sure what the issue is, in the latest hotfix it says the heal is changed from every 2 secs to 3 secs, so it might be bugged or something.
    Last edited by Maklor; 2012-12-01 at 02:13 PM.

Not exactly sure what the issue is
    You seem to have 6,56% haste while I have 10,84%. Try reforging into haste and see if you can kill them.
    Abyssal Maw when Blizzard cancelled it.
    Over the Mists, WoW like you've never seen it before !

I don't know if this question has popped up before but, im currently leveling a DK. It is currently level 83. What professions should i take if it was pure for soloing purposes?
    I was thinking about Engineering + ???. Engineering has some great benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    You seem to have 6,56% haste while I have 10,84%. Try reforging into haste and see if you can kill them.
    Not gonna happen it's my masterfrost gear.

The problem seems to be I can't seem to get them far enough from each other, and I can't really kite them since the knockback and slow thing, but it's probably just me being bad at stuff it wouldn't be the first time - no biggie just went there for the pets and I dot the blob one.

Twin emps should be pretty easy. Stand in corner, and pop necrotic strike on the non melee immune one. Pop DRW + Necrotic spam during it and you should win easily. If you're in the right spot, then the melee one should never move out of range, nor should you be knocked back anywhere.
    It's pretty impossible (maybe possible with awesome gear/necro spam) to do it in frost because they're completely immune to frost strike.
    Last edited by Acry; 2012-12-01 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    I don't know if this question has popped up before but, im currently leveling a DK. It is currently level 83. What professions should i take if it was pure for soloing purposes?
    I was thinking about Engineering + ???. Engineering has some great benefits.
    I think it's mentioned in the initial post several times, engineering is very useful for movement fights

Secondary I would have to say alchemy it gives the most number of options on what to boost (all flasks/elixirs have double duration and increased effect, not potions though) I like to use Prismatic Elixir since it's a good way to reduce magic damage a bit.

I did Twins as 2h frost with somewhat not very good gear (469). I only Obliterated the melee one and used Frost Strike on the adds. It took some time and i had to use Lichborne self heals and Death Pact practically on cd. Not sure if this is the best strat, though.

The Patient
    At what level does Death Pact become better than Death Siphon? I'm level 70, and Death Siphon heals more than Death Pact and does more damage than a Death Strike with 5 Scent of Blood up.

If you're having issues with Twin Emps, do it the Cataclysm method. Sit in a corner as Blood until they Berserker Enrage. Their damage goes up quite a bit giving you plenty of Vengeance, and they'll actually die. They also don't hit hard enough to put you in a situation of dying.

Worked at 85, no reason it wouldn't work now.

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Haven't tried, but I doubt it would be hard, the biggest "nerfs" to how I did it came weeks ago.

Building my paladin now. I have all the BoEs you have sub the Chest and I don't plan on taking LW. Think I would be able to solo H-LK 25m as easily as you did without Chest/LW? Or should I get both before attempting it.

chest is a 3 mastery upgrade from the 308 one (just massive stamina), although it does give a lot of parry and hit/exp. LW I don't even use on my bracers because of the mastery enchant, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    chest is a 3 mastery upgrade from the 308 one (just massive stamina), although it does give a lot of parry and hit/exp. LW I don't even use on my bracers because of the mastery enchant, lol.
    So could I do H-LK without them? I have everything else (including Alch)

I cant do the gunship no matter what I try, going over killing the mage only takes like 3-4 hits, the round before I always kill the back 2 and still have time to kill 2 more in front (with cannons), but my ship takes constant dmg when there should be no one making damage lol I have tried this one 20 times and just cant get it, the first two bosses in blood were tickling me like rogues do, but a non boss I cant get by yet lol

The twins I am in full blood pvp gear (dreadfull no mal gear, and the crafted 460 weapon) speced pvp with pvp enchants and gems and can get them down in about 3-4 mins and I dont even fight them in the corner or anything. I spam all abilities other then diseases which dont work on the damage dealer, I used army at the start with my minion, used my minion again off cd and used d and d. I killed them with full health since even taking fall damage one ds fully heals me. I don't know what else to add except it was very easy this time, I used ds as much as I could because it was giving high damage to the damage dealer (he is the only one I focused on).

I had no trouble with twin emps as blood in little more than dungeon gear, I think I have one LFR piece and the conquest helm, rest is all dungeon, JP or honor pvp gear.

Failed terribly as frost, went blood, rammed myself in a corner and beat them up - didn't need to bother separating them, died pretty quickly.

I like to use Prismatic Elixir since it's a good way to reduce magic damage a bit.
    I don't think it was mentioned in any patch notes, but Prismatic Elixirs were changed in 5.1 to grant resilience instead of resistance.
    Author of MogIt, the transmogrification addon
    80 & 85 DK Soloing Videos

http://i.imgur.com/JJL2x.gif

As a blood DK waiting for Brawler's Guild and finding out there are ridiculous dps checks.