Page 69 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Grats on making it to the front page with Madness video, Mione.

Grats on the Deathwing kill, even tough the best part about the video is that I got to know another track of touhou music I was missing out. <3
    Makes me realize how much my DK has to improve. :/

For Dreamwalker, has anyone tried Control Undead on Captain Arnath (if he's one of the captains that's killed during the gauntlet)? I remember a while back I ran a 25man H ICC and controlled him, spammed his flash heal on Dreamwalker and ended up doing 75% of the healing (was with 2 or 3 other healers, can't remember exactly), only issue was that he was almost oom by time she was healed up fully, making me doubt that he'd be able to successfully heal her solo.

Also, grats on Madness solo, Mione!

Edit: After trying it in 10man, I can definitely say it wouldn't work. He was oom after about 3 spell casts, and only healed for around 200k with that. I think his mana and healing is alot higher in 25man.
    Last edited by Buttonsmasher; 2012-12-09 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttonsmasher View Post
    For Dreamwalker, has anyone tried Control Undead on Captain Arnath (if he's one of the captains that's killed during the gauntlet)? I remember a while back I ran a 25man H ICC and controlled him, spammed his flash heal on Dreamwalker and ended up doing 75% of the healing (was with 2 or 3 other healers, can't remember exactly), only issue was that he was almost oom by time she was healed up fully, making me doubt that he'd be able to successfully heal her solo.

Also, grats on Madness solo, Mione!
    He ooms very fast. I'm surprised it does that much healing.

How can I enter Firelands at lvl 80?

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I'm not sure but a warlock summoning stone should work.

Field Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Just enter the portal when there is someone inside. Thats all. Warlock summon wont work.

How much trash do you roughly need to kill to get Shannox to appear?
    (Never raided FL so I'm clueless.)
    He said the same thing he'd been saying for hours, burn them all...

Quote Originally Posted by ShinRa26 View Post
    How much trash do you roughly need to kill to get Shannox to appear?
    (Never raided FL so I'm clueless.)
    If you're just wanting Shannox near the entrance: Kill the 3 packs of scorpions, the patrolling hell dogs, the 2 patrolling core hounds, the 2 patrolling molten giants and 1-2 patrolling lizardmen packs.

As for Mione's kill, grats but I think you'd have been better with Okuu's theme, especially if you could put in the whole CAUTION CAUTION thing for the bolt.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2012-12-10 at 06:26 PM.

Is there any mechanics preventing someone from soloing Baradin Hold? I've never heard of someone even attempting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojodot View Post
    Is there any mechanics preventing someone from soloing Baradin Hold? I've never heard of someone even attempting it.
    I do not think that there are any mechanics that makes it impossible. I Just think that the different 'tank-change' abbilities, makes the bosses hit too hard to survive
    1. boss increases fire dmg taken (according to wowhead, it hits for 475k dmg (might be on 25 man though) but when it is increased by 100% each time, it adds up)
    2. boss shadow dmg (again, wowhead, says 100k (might still be 25man) and is increased by 100% each time)
    and 3. boss stuns you for 8 seconds, while increasing dmg taken
    I think the damage you would recieve in the end would be too much, unless you are able to zerg it, but I doubt it

but, I am also surprised that no one, or atleast no one who has told us, has attempted it. I think it is a mostly forgotten raid

TL: DR, I don't think so, since the dmg stacks too high, but I could be surprised.

the core hound 1 in BH was solo'd thats about it though, maybe the pit lord will be too, Aliz or whatever her name is pretty much impossible i would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojodot View Post
    For Argaloth - Each stack of Meteor Slash doubles the damage from the next Meteor Slash. Unless you can push 66%/33% between 1-2 Meteor Slashes, you're going to die. Then there's Consuming Darkness which alone will kill you if you can't dispel it.

For Occu'thar - Looks like he won't cast eyes if you're a tank soloing. Mostly comes down to not standing in Focused Flames and killing boss before Shadow Flame or whatever stacks too high.

For Alizabel - Impale will kill both your dps and you.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2012-12-10 at 09:55 PM.

IIRC there was a discussion on Argaloth much earlier in the thread, using shadowmeld + ghoul/aotd to drop stacks. Taking 5-6 slashes was doable at the time, depending on if you had access to Mirror etc. This was during Cata.
    So I'd guess it'd be easily soloable now. With increased HP pools you should be able to easily take a few more slashes, which means you'd have enough slashes inbetween Shadowmeld cooldown to reset stacks each time, regardless of phase changes.

Similar premise should work with Occu'thar.

High Overlord
    This thread is a daily read for me. Gets me out there soloing.
    Wanted to thank y'all for pushing the limits.
    Stop nerfing every character I play! I want to be Op....

Quote Originally Posted by bagosham View Post
    Just enter the portal when there is someone inside. Thats all. Warlock summon wont work.
    Awesome, ty!

Hello I've recently managed to solo Halfus (had to wait till he does not have healing reduction although he has been solo'd even with healing reduction drake) and I am planning extending lockout for this week to give Ascendant council a shot so I would like to ask you for advices what to do and what to don't do there.

My DK armory
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...xiobr/advanced
    This DK is alt of mine so I have only access to lfr gear, I am hpoing I will be able to get some rewards before I will try council, epic weapon would be nice, current is upgraded (armory currently does not show item upgrades)

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by SKOTy View Post
    Hello I've recently managed to solo Halfus (had to wait till he does not have healing reduction although he has been solo'd even with healing reduction drake) and I am planning extending lockout for this week to give Ascendant council a shot so I would like to ask you for advices what to do and what to don't do there.

My DK armory
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...xiobr/advanced
    This DK is alt of mine so I have only access to lfr gear, I am hpoing I will be able to get some rewards before I will try council, epic weapon would be nice, current is upgraded (armory currently does not show item upgrades)
    if u only have acces to lfr the sword from scarlet is better then the mace from taran zhu!! only shinka is better (or w/e its called )
    not a gazillion times better but a bit
    Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock

Hi am looking for advice on how to solo the twins in AQ40.

My DK is level 86 and as blood i cant do enought damage to outpace the heal. any tips?

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    Hi am looking for advice on how to solo the twins in AQ40.

My DK is level 86 and as blood i cant do enought damage to outpace the heal. any tips?
    YOu don't need to be blood to solo vanilla content. Try switching to Frost or Unholy.