Page 79 of 86 FirstFirst ...
29
69
77
78
79
80
81
... LastLast
  1. #1561
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhnwyn View Post
    awesome! was looking for something like this perfect

    vereesa, how could you add unholy strength? i added the spell ID 53365 and it also shows unholy strength in the data, but it doesnt show in the extraCD tab when it triggers :/

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 07:13 PM ----------

    okay vereesa i figured out that you use another addon for unholy strength proc can u tell me wich it is?
    and can u tell me the addon wich you use for the runes? doesnt look like my xperl standard rune bar :P
    I already sent you a private message regarding the other addon. As for the runes, that's Magic Runes. If you have any further questions about my UI, please PM me.

  2. #1562
    And Hagara down, could probably have been killed with a lot less gear in restrospective, doubt it's that much weapon dependant, could squeeze an extra 10-15-20% or so.
    Will teach me the lesson that I should stop being so lazy and push a bit more =p
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2013-01-01 at 10:35 PM.

  3. #1563
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    And Hagara down, could probably have been killed with a lot less gear in restrospective, doubt it's that much weapon dependant, could squeeze an extra 10-15-20% or so.
    Will teach me the lesson that I should stop being so lazy and push a bit more =p
    =p
    Grats though
    Must. Get. Ragnaros lockout. i wanna solo him too
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

  4. #1564
    Field Marshal ShinRa26's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mean streets of Glasgow
    Posts
    56
    Regarding Hagara, how did you do the lightning phase?
    An engineering trick or some other method because I just can't get the damn things to connect
    He said the same thing he'd been saying for hours, burn them all...

  5. #1565
    i think that Mione waited 5 minutes for the bubble to wear off. then 3 minutes before zerk to nuke hagara down.
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

  6. #1566
    Yeah, you wait 5 mins and the bubble falls off.
    To bring her down, You have 30s~ at the start, then first phase happens, then 1min after first phase, then the other phase happens, then another 1 min, then she goes berserk either slightly before or after the following phase (depending how quick you were at beating frost phase)

    I was actually pretty bad at dealing damage on that attempt, I remember I had much, much better ones when I cleared DS a month ago. This is a boss that can fall down on the first (serious) attempt every single week now, no RNG whatsoever except from needing to have a frost phase first and not lightning. Wiped on 1.5% on the previous attempt, and I died very very stupidly <_<
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2013-01-02 at 06:47 AM.

  7. #1567
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Yeah, you wait 5 mins and the bubble falls off.
    To bring her down, You have 30s~ at the start, then first phase happens, then 1min after first phase, then the other phase happens, then another 1 min, then she goes berserk either slightly before or after the following phase (depending how quick you were at beating frost phase)

    I was actually pretty bad at dealing damage on that attempt, I remember I had much, much better ones when I cleared DS a month ago. This is a boss that can fall down on the first (serious) attempt every single week now, no RNG whatsoever except from needing to have a frost phase first and not lightning. Wiped on 1.5% on the previous attempt, and I died very very stupidly <_<
    Just an idea, would it be doable as unholy, positioning your pet to chain the lightning?

  8. #1568
    Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    Just an idea, would it be doable as unholy, positioning your pet to chain the lightning?
    How about a combination of teracotta fragment, army and ghoul doable as blood? I have however heard that it should be tricky getting it to work with two ppl/npc's so I am ot sure it's viable. Would be fun to figure out though.

  9. #1569
    Uncontrollable pets won't work.
    I think controllable pets work, but when I tried on my shaman the fire/earth elementals didn't work (with the talent that makes them controllable etc.). I dunno about unholy. I doubt you'd survive Hagara's damage anyway

  10. #1570
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Uncontrollable pets won't work.
    I think controllable pets work, but when I tried on my shaman the fire/earth elementals didn't work (with the talent that makes them controllable etc.). I dunno about unholy. I doubt you'd survive Hagara's damage anyway
    Gonna have to try this. (Un)controllable pets definatly work, but the uncontrollable ones just follow you, so can't use them to chain (watched ghoul get chained so it definatly works) - back when we were progressing on hagara in cata, our hunters always had to dismiss their pets or position them far away, or they'd risk dying of doublechain, so technically a controllable ghoul would do the trick. The question is rather, if unholy would be able to survive the damage income.

  11. #1571
    Mione (and others), do you play Two-hander Frost as your DPS spec? I've been playing DW Frost so far but Two-hander stats seem to align better for use in Blood spec than DW, as DW has Mastery as best stat which is useless in Blood spec DPS wise.

    Should I just go Two-hander Frost and follow the stat priority for that when soloing in Blood (Exp/Hit cap > Haste > Crit > Mastery) or is an other priority favorable when DPSing in Blood?

  12. #1572
    For pure DPS you go Hit/Exp > Haste > Crit > Mastery
    For pure survivability you go Mastery > Haste > Hit/Exp > rest
    Usually, the best tradeoff is to get Hit/Exp > Mastery ~= Haste > rest, and personally the 3/4 of the solos I do are done while reforging everything to hit/exp>mastery>haste>crit
    So it doesn't really matter. You should reforge very often depending on the fights/instances
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2013-01-02 at 09:39 PM.

  13. #1573
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    For pure DPS you go Hit/Exp > Haste > Crit > Mastery
    For pure survivability you go Mastery > Haste > Hit/Exp > rest
    Usually, the best tradeoff is to get Hit/Exp > Mastery ~= Haste > rest, and personally the 3/4 of the solos I do are done while reforging everything to hit/exp>mastery>haste>crit
    So it doesn't really matter. You should reforge very often depending on the fights/instances
    Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I figured you'd reforge for most fights, just wondering on what the default order should be. I'm not doing cutting edge soloing like you are doing so I guess min/maxing stats isn't entirely needed for me (yet).

  14. #1574
    After a couple of Festergut tries, i ran out of Plague Scientist. I decided to give Rotface a try without the Scientist, and i was surprised how easy he actually is. I wiped on 17% due to enrage, and with a Scientist, he will be easy as hell. My question is tho, how come he doesn't spawn his Oozes? Is it because the main target doesn't get the debuff that spawns them?

  15. #1575
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    After a couple of Festergut tries, i ran out of Plague Scientist. I decided to give Rotface a try without the Scientist, and i was surprised how easy he actually is. I wiped on 17% due to enrage, and with a Scientist, he will be easy as hell. My question is tho, how come he doesn't spawn his Oozes? Is it because the main target doesn't get the debuff that spawns them?
    That's exactly why; the tank can't get plagued.

  16. #1576
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7
    Is Lord Marrowgarr 25 man heroic still doable? Whenever he bone-storms I get spiked. Doesn't happen on 25 man normal.

  17. #1577
    Quote Originally Posted by lyrical1988 View Post
    Is Lord Marrowgarr 25 man heroic still doable? Whenever he bone-storms I get spiked. Doesn't happen on 25 man normal.

    Only doable as a goblin/worgen, maybe as a panda as well?

  18. #1578
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    Only doable as a goblin/worgen, maybe as a panda as well?
    Thanks for the clarification. I eventually found the same information way back in the thread, so sorry for asking something that has already been answered.

  19. #1579
    Is it possible to solo P.P 25 man? And even a step further, is it possible to do the quest Unholy Infusion?

  20. #1580
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Is it possible to solo P.P 25 man? And even a step further, is it possible to do the quest Unholy Infusion?
    I believe it is possible to do him on 25 man, but he might be hard
    it is NOT possible to do the quest, as it requires that you use the transformer thing, and get 100 energy he will attack you, while you're in that form, and killing it before you get enough, if you somehow manage to get enough, you need to finish him in 6 minutes, and I don't really think that is possible (even if you get him to right before p3 before getting the buff)

    scratch that, if my math is right, you *only* needs 49k dps to get him from p3 to dead in 6 min, but I still don't think you can get 100 energy as the abom, before he kills it

    as you can't do the blood-infusion alone, I don't see the point of soloing it. It would be better to just bring some friends, and do all three infusions at the same time
    Last edited by daluur; 2013-01-03 at 05:45 PM. Reason: added actual numbers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •