Page 8 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbsy999 View Post
    A better change would be to simply reduce the gold like they did with Magtheridon/Gruul and continue to do with Mount drop % on bosses that drop them(Mimiron's Head and Madness mount afaik)
    Well that's basically what they did, but it's automated now, no need for them to go back and change it in the old dungeons. That's a general trend they're on : making things easier to maintain, like they're doing with specs or dungeon nerfs a la DS, probably to be able to keep maintaining the game when budget cuts will be coming.

Plus this change is actually better than nerfing the gold amount ! look at maghtéridon, he gives close to no money, now he's going to give you the same amount he did at the time in a 25man raid, meaning you would get more gold for going there two-manning the place than you get now.

Saw an Open raid post for TOC seal farming in the 5 man.. can't we do this by our selves in say LFR/DSN gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    Saw an Open raid post for TOC seal farming in the 5 man.. can't we do this by our selves in say LFR/DSN gear?
    the first part is pretty difficult to solo and is not based on gear
    Last edited by bals; 2012-07-27 at 03:17 PM.

The jousting part is a pain, rest is easy as pie.
    I'm trying to complete the DPS plate set because it looks a lot like the Warcraft 3 Death Knight, but it's long and frustrating alone, and most people don't want to go there.

I know it's been soloed already by some people, but does assembly of iron hardmode require stuff like souldrinkers in order to outheal p2 and 3 with steelbreaker doing almost double damage with fusion punches? Cause in full tank gear I managed to survive p2 but had quite low hp and all cds used, and died at half of p3, this killing runemaster molgeim first and stormcaller brundir second. Since usually physical damage is no problem, I also tried leaving runemaster up for p2, but never made it to p3. Is there anything else to do apart from using AMS on fusion punches when available and cds when AMS is not ready, interrupting brundir in p2, and kiting bosses out of runes of power? Also, is my item level enough (without souldrinkers ofc, 394 item level in tank gear)?

Hey guys,
    I couldn't find another video like this, so I don't know if someone else soloed "Earth, Wind & Fire (10 man) yet.
    I did! ;D
    Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuHNEWK02t0&feature=plcp

Quote Originally Posted by spity View Post
    Hey guys,
    I couldn't find another video like this, so I don't know if someone else soloed "Earth, Wind & Fire (10 man) yet.
    I did! ;D
    Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuHNEWK02t0&feature=plcp
    I remember trying this in 4.2 and not being able to crack it. Highly impressed. What spec did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    I know it's been soloed already by some people, but does assembly of iron hardmode require stuff like souldrinkers in order to outheal p2 and 3 with steelbreaker doing almost double damage with fusion punches? Cause in full tank gear I managed to survive p2 but had quite low hp and all cds used, and died at half of p3, this killing runemaster molgeim first and stormcaller brundir second. Since usually physical damage is no problem, I also tried leaving runemaster up for p2, but never made it to p3. Is there anything else to do apart from using AMS on fusion punches when available and cds when AMS is not ready, interrupting brundir in p2, and kiting bosses out of runes of power? Also, is my item level enough (without souldrinkers ofc, 394 item level in tank gear)?
    Have no idea about item level required. Did it in nearly full DPS gear (think I had 2-3 tank items max), stormcaller/runemaster/steelbreaker.

Not much else to do, it's mostly a fight about having a good cooldown rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wih View Post
    I remember trying this in 4.2 and not being able to crack it. Highly impressed. What spec did you use?
    I used 36/2/3. As you can see here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary

If you're having issues with chaining CDs to deal with fusion punches try using stay of execution or mirror of broken images, or both.

I will say thought that using dual soul drinkers is a hell of alot easier ;]

Quote Originally Posted by Somnium View Post
    I may be wrong but I think I read that MoP dailies give less gold than today's dailies.
    '
    Probably because the are removing the limit to dailies?

hi guys, do you think heroic lk and yogg+0 will be doable on 25man with a blood dk, combat rogue & ret paladin? we don't care mechanics wise since we already have figured out a way to counteract all of them, talking raw dps / damage taken / healing wise.

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    hi guys, do you think heroic lk and yogg+0 will be doable on 25man with a blood dk, combat rogue & ret paladin? we don't care mechanics wise since we already have figured out a way to counteract all of them, talking raw dps / damage taken / healing wise.
    Your question, although interesting for one who likes undermanning instances like me, is very hard to answer to, I tried atm yogg saron normal mode 25-man in 3 people (blood dk in dps gear, holy paladin, fire mage), was quite impossible not getting overwhelmed by tentacles, too many spawn, and they have too many hp to kill fast enough.

Sure the dps will be a lot more, and I'm quite sure you have enough dps for the enrage at 90, but it all depends if you can kill tentacles fast enough IMO, also since you do it with no keepers, if the fight goes on too long, you might get insane even if you don't make mistakes, cause yogg has some cast which takes away sanity and you cannot recover it; very hard to give a sure answer, only thing you can do is try at 90.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, thanks for the tips for the assembly of iron hardmode, tried again tonight, full tank gear, item level 395, was a one-shot, fusion punches in p1 dealt very low damage (prismatic elixir, drums, fortitude and 90 str and stam buffs used) which could be healed back with a good death strike timing, so on the last punches I didn't use AMS and saved it for p2, killed runemaster first, then stormcaller and interrupted almost all whirls, saved lichborne and ERW for p3 when I was low, since punches deal even more damage than p2 there, and killed steelbreaker with 7 sec left for the debuff; no tol barad trinket required, no souldrinkers required, prismatic elixir required, 99% nature damage, 1% physical.

Decided to quit being lazy and put some actual effort into Heroic Beasts and got them down, fraps soon if anyone cares about that. Interestingly enough, it was also the first attempt I got to P2 and managed to get Burning Bile at the same time as Paralytic Toxin, shrug. Probably died 15 times because I got stunned with the toxin and Dreadmaw wouldn't put burning bile onto me, I think it might have something to do with blood worms but I'm not entirely sure.

Heroic Faction Champs down too... but wasn't exactly interesting. Disc priest resto sham lock boomkin rogue ret, kite rogue/ret around so they can't get heals, kill them off, grip shaman away from priest and just tunnel them until he dies and rinse/repeat for the priest. Took 13 min, was pretty boring.

And Valks too, seems like the only cockblocks in this instance were rng beasts and anub on heroic ._.
    Last edited by Ryleylol; 2012-08-07 at 07:54 AM.

Grats! Knew you could do it when we discussed these numbers earlier in the thread =)))

Yeah, Anub is annoying. I manged to bring him down to p3, but honestly, he's a GIGANTIC bitch.

Best bet is MoP gear and bursting him down in seconds once he reaches p3. Surviving in p3 for long while also having 4569578 bazillion adds that keep spawning + the annoying random stuns = not an option

Im gonna hate the nerf to gold drops. Maybe half the current drops for all mobs but 4% or 10% of current value will hurt. Guess ill be doing most one time for achievements and the challenge and only redoing stuff I want xmog gear or mounts from until it drops. Might still trash farm for greens to DE I guess as they drop far more often in raids it seems.

wondering, how is the vengeance change* in mop going to affect soloing?

*http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...?page=186#3701

I think it's a very tiny nerf for soloing, when talking about the hardest hitting fights. For everything that hits very little, it's a big nerf, but in this scenario I doubt you really care.

As a general rule of thumb, your Vengeance will be equal to MeleeSwing/SwingTimer. Melee abilities can be added on top of that for a slight boost to Vengeance, but you get the gist of it. Depending on the boss this could be good or bad.

The only consistent practical change to what we'll be doing is if you were previously gearing for Stamina in your survivability soloing gear to increase your vengeance cap, you won't be doing it (at least, for that purpose) any more.

There's actually one thing that could be a buff in certain circumstances - and that's that we'll now gain vengeance for absorbed hits. I'd had trouble in some places (Sarth was the biggest culprit for me) where I was just not taking any melee damage, and couldn't get vengeance up - that won't be an issue anymore. As you said, it'll probably lower the cap in these circumstances, but you'll be able to get A buff much sooner.