Why use Chains of Ice? Thought Icy Touch would be stronger unless Chains gets some crazy scaling with the glyph and MoP gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Why use Chains of Ice? Thought Icy Touch would be stronger unless Chains gets some crazy scaling with the glyph and MoP gear.
    He's doing Archavon without facing him, hence chains of ice otherwise he'd have to face him to use icy touch ;p

with soloing LK 25 N/H what gear lvl is required eg full heroic tank or dps ? for both normal an heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Valac View Post
    with soloing LK 25 N/H what gear lvl is required eg full heroic tank or dps ? for both normal an heroic
    Heroic definitely requires heroic DPS gear. (I'd guess upwards of at least 500 average item level) Normal should be doable in LFR-ish gear. (both of these estimates are rough ballparks, have no experience soloing LK myself)

Just poking my head in to let you guys know that you don't need to be Worgen or Goblin to solo Heroic Marrowgar. I just face tanked him as a Orc Warlock and he never spiked me during Bonestorm.
    Last edited by Teye; 2013-01-15 at 08:11 PM.

Must have been hotfixed recently then
    Abyssal Maw when Blizzard cancelled it.
    Over the Mists, WoW like you've never seen it before !

Tried Kologarn 10 man solo. It goes OK, but sometimes i get obliterated by Petrifying Breath while killing arms. I assume im not standing in Melee range of him somehow? Seems like a RNG fight to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Tried Kologarn 10 man solo. It goes OK, but sometimes i get obliterated by Petrifying Breath while killing arms. I assume im not standing in Melee range of him somehow? Seems like a RNG fight to me.
    The arms have the same hitbox location as the body, so you don't need to move to kill them. He shouldn't cast Petrifying Breath if you stay within melee range of his body for the entire fight.
    Author of MogIt, the transmogrification addon
    80 & 85 DK Soloing Videos

The Patient
    Does anyone think we're going to see deja vu in the next expansion? Namely, will level 85s gain access to ilevel 550 gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryleylol View Post
    He's doing Archavon without facing him, hence chains of ice otherwise he'd have to face him to use icy touch ;p
    Man, shows how well I was watching that video. Makes sense as to why it was called Reverse.

Hi, all. With the new gear coming in 5.2 I want to try farming Experiment from Ultraxion. Want your opinion on how much gear lvl you need if your skill as DK not very good. Also, mastery+haste or hit+expertise for reforge?

On a side note: run heroic Shado-Pan solo yesterday, for the achievement on last boss. Sha of Violence and pack with 2 consuming sha's was very interesting, while Taran Zhu just long and mostly boring. s54.radikal.ru/i145/1301/84/8b2e682cdb10.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Does anyone think we're going to see deja vu in the next expansion? Namely, will level 85s gain access to ilevel 550 gear?
    Maybe, maybe not. I doubt it, but I can hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry View Post
    Hi, all. With the new gear coming in 5.2 I want to try farming Experiment from Ultraxion. Want your opinion on how much gear lvl you need if your skill as DK not very good. Also, mastery+haste or hit+expertise for reforge?

On a side note: run heroic Shado-Pan solo yesterday, for the achievement on last boss. Sha of Violence and pack with 2 consuming sha's was very interesting, while Taran Zhu just long and mostly boring. s54.radikal.ru/i145/1301/84/8b2e682cdb10.jpg
    I heard crit for ultraxion because you'll be feeding RP off of all the magic damage (AMS is on a very short CD), so that'll give you plenty of runes to mash death strike. Of course hit and exp are good because no one likes missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. I doubt it, but I can hope.

I heard crit for ultraxion because you'll be feeding RP off of all the magic damage (AMS is on a very short CD), so that'll give you plenty of runes to mash death strike. Of course hit and exp are good because no one likes missing.
    Which does soft capping remove first; Boss Parry or Dodge? I know he can't Parry due to Instability but does that mean Expertise soft cap of 7.5% is all that's needed?

Dodge is first. You want the exp cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Just poking my head in to let you guys know that you don't need to be Worgen or Goblin to solo Heroic Marrowgar. I just face tanked him as a Orc Warlock and he never spiked me during Bonestorm.
    Just tested it as an Undead DK, nothing has changed. He can still Bone Spike the tanks during Bone Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelo View Post
    Just tested it as an Undead DK, nothing has changed. He can still Bone Spike the tanks during Bone Storm.
    Don't know much about Warlocks but maybe Demon Form can't be spiked.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Don't know much about Warlocks but maybe Demon Form can't be spiked.
    I heard that Worgen/Goblins/Pandaren can't be spiked because there isn't a spike animation for those races. If warlocks can't be spiked in demon form for the same reason, I wonder if there is a 10min transformation that persists during combat and doesn't share a model with the pre-Cata races.

Edit: The Gordok Ogre Suit comes to mind.
    Edit2: Nope, that didn't work either :P
    Last edited by Aelo; 2013-01-16 at 04:37 PM.

Maybe Noggenfogger elixir you can get the skeleton appearence (30 minutes duration)
    Or you can borrow someone before the pull, and use Ai-Li's Skymirror to copy a worgen/goblin/pandaren or some particular transformation
    As a horde you can use Faded Wizard Hat to change your appearence for 30 minutes and if you get lucky you will transform in one of the goblin apprentice (but you can't equip your plate head or you lose the buff)

Wow, the appearence change is a great idea! Why didn't somebody come up with that earlier?

And I guess, Ciante's idea with Faded Wizard Hat.

Maybe the Wasp and/or Tuskarr can't be spiked either?

Can somebody try out the Underbelly Elixir?

Any guides or suggestions for soloing Firelands Normal? I want the Egg of Millagazor!