Page 34 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    So, do you still need to be engineer to solo LK ? Or is there another way to deal with the plague in phase 1, at 90 ?
    Even at 85 engi was not required all you needed to do is AOTD and dont dps until you have it. or just kill the mobs without plague as its easy as well
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeh View Post
    Soloed EOS as Frost.
    Used army, MC'd one of the ghosts before EOS, and Terracota Fragment (warrior spawn). Was really easy- almost died to the reflect dmg though.
    Yeh, reliquary is a joke now, no problem in blood spec, ilvl 468 (dps gear).

Question for really expert dks soloists (mionelol\avanger, etc.): I might have problems getting http://www.wowhead.com/item=87574 before the festival ends on my dk, so I'm asking: are these 2 which I can get in heroic dungeons better than the brewfest one? Would be http://www.wowhead.com/item=81138 http://www.wowhead.com/item=81268

They have strength which the brewfest one doesn't, but it has a super attack power proc, although only for a few seconds, and also it's 7 item levels higher.

This talking about DPS in blood spec, I don't care for frost at all when making this decision.

Yes, both are better.

Get the darkmoon card, even better.

Field Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    So, do you still need to be engineer to solo LK ? Or is there another way to deal with the plague in phase 1, at 90 ?
    You dont need the plague at all. Shambling horrors attacking you will help you getting vengeance, i did the same http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...King-25-normal

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeh View Post
    Soloed EOS as Frost.
    Used army, MC'd one of the ghosts before EOS, and Terracota Fragment (warrior spawn). Was really easy- almost died to the reflect dmg though.
    How'd you do it exactly? I'm getting endlessly spirit shocked until i'm dead. When did you pop AMS? Also, does desecrated remove spirit shock?

EDIT: Desecrated ground does not break spirit shock.
    Last edited by tangosmango; 2012-10-08 at 09:41 PM.

How do you guys think DKs compare to monk soloing now?

Oh, I went back and soloed Marrowgar.

Yeah, lame I know. BUT REVENGE.
    Vampire Zombie Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    How'd you do it exactly? I'm getting endlessly spirit shocked until i'm dead. When did you pop AMS? Also, does desecrated remove spirit shock?

EDIT: Desecrated ground does not break spirit shock.
    Pop army on the spirit shock head, have a mind control'd ghost from the room before (only one of them can be). AMS the spirit shock after you interupt first. The gap with AMS should give you enough time to kill it, or since army is still up you should be able to interrupt it right after. The whole trick may be the terracota fragment, as i've been using it cause it's convenient. however, I believe this should work w/o it.

Okay it seems I grossly underestimated cata raids Even soloing the bot trash to halfus wasnt easy.

gotta wait for next explansion I guess

Or better gear ?
    Abyssal Maw when Blizzard cancelled it.
    Over the Mists, WoW like you've never seen it before !

Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post
    Okay it seems I grossly underestimated cata raids Even soloing the bot trash to halfus wasnt easy.

gotta wait for next explansion I guess
    Also remember that T11 wasn't hit with the nerfbat like T12 and T13 were, although that doesn't effect trash, but still..
    (I've had more wipes at T13 on HC Nefarian than on HC Deathwing...)

High Overlord
    So i tried soloing lk 25 normal, but i keep dieing from infest at 61% at that moment i just cant top my health anymore.
    Am i doing sumthing wrong? do i need other gear......till 70% no problem but after that i need to fight to get my health up. any ideas?? ty in fw
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nazza/advanced
    Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock

Quote Originally Posted by arnazza View Post
    So i tried soloing lk 25 normal, but i keep dieing from infest at 61% at that moment i just cant top my health anymore.
    Am i doing sumthing wrong? do i need other gear......till 70% no problem but after that i need to fight to get my health up. any ideas?? ty in fw
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nazza/advanced
    Time DS's so that Blood Shield absorbs the Infest hit whenever possible, otherwise hit DS right after Infest would be my best guess.

Oh, and AMS if you know you won't have a DS up in time for Infest prehaps? Never done it myself though so don't take this as the only advice.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekloth View Post
    Time DS's so that Blood Shield absorbs the Infest hit whenever possible, otherwise hit DS right after Infest would be my best guess.

Oh, and AMS if you know you won't have a DS up in time for Infest prehaps? Never done it myself though so don't take this as the only advice.
    well it worked sort of

but now i hit enrage timer at 40% :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tekloth View Post

Infest is shadow damage. AMS/timing heals is pretty much all you have, besides being above 90% (which surely is crazy easy at 90 right?)

I tried doing the ZA bear run but even with stacking Blood Shield and Boneshield, Nalorakk absolutely destroyed me with the Surge debuff followed by Brutal Stike. I then tried to pop ICB, which worked great, but didn't last long enough to make any significant progress since the third Strike was when he essentially brought the pain and I couldn't heal through Purgatory in time.

That said, I didn't have Army since it was on CD from Akil'Zon so I'll go back tomorrow and try again since the rest was a breeze with ilvl 463 in Blood Spec with DPS gear. You can easily hit the timer providing you can do Nalorakk.

Update:

I've successfully done the Bear run. It was pretty tight due to several accidental pulls and a death so even with messing up a few times and being cautious with pulls, you'll still reach with a minute or so on the clock. Nalorakk was still a heavy DPS race even with Army as it seemed they did not taunt him to soak the hits while under the effects of the debuff. He died after I got Purgatory and was able to get him down right before I went down.

Was pretty fun! I guess the next step is Ulduar 25 and Naxx 25.
    Last edited by Rustweaver; 2012-10-10 at 10:24 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Rest is a breeze cos probably u met Dakara tiger form... bear form is like Nalorakk if not worst...

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Infest is shadow damage. AMS/timing heals is pretty much all you have, besides being above 90% (which surely is crazy easy at 90 right?)
    well at lk 10hc its pretty easy to keep it above 90%, but 25 man is a bit diff imo. especially when ur in the transition phase!
    only a bit more dps for me will do the trick to get them down both!!
    hc10 16%
    25n 41%

Quote Originally Posted by arnazza View Post
    hc10 16%
    I had the same issue a few day ago, hiting enrage on hc10 at 16% on my (then) 457 ilvl Blood DK. I reforged everything I had into Haste (I only have tank gear and two or three dps gear), gained something like 7% in haste, I obliterated him the following try.

However I lost some time when I was into Frostmourne, what I am supposed to do in this phase ? Death-gripping some spirits and Deah-Striking them for 40 seconds ?
    Abyssal Maw when Blizzard cancelled it.
    Over the Mists, WoW like you've never seen it before !