Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

What is going on under Area 51 ?

Hey guys,
    In this topic i want to discuss about Area 51 those who have not heared about Area 51
    Read this:
    Area 51 is a military base, and a remote detachment of Edwards Air Force Base. It is located in the southern portion of Nevada in the western United States, 83 miles (133 km) north-northwest of Las Vegas. Situated at its center, on the southern shore of Groom Lake, is a large military airfield. The base's primary purpose is to support development and testing of experimental aircraft and weapons systems.

1.Why is Area 51 highly secured and guarded ?
    2. Have You ever been to Area 51 ?
    3. If Yes what is going on there ?
    4. Certain reports on net states that they have been doing research on UFO's . Is that true ?

If im wrong then what is the truth about Area 51 ?

Thanks in advance for your info .

10+ Year Old Account
    You Western folk sure live up to the stereotypes Europe has created for you. ;p

1. No one knows for sure, a lot people think alien technology or reverse engineering alien tech.
    2. Probably not many people because you'll get shot if you cross the border line.
    3. Definitely aliens.
    4. Maybe.

Because it is an airforce base with lots of top secret stuff going on there

No

Anybody that is in a position to tell you, can't say anything because they'd end up in jail for the rest of their life if they did

4. Certain reports on net states that they have been doing research on UFO's . Is that true ?

See question 3.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Gohan View Post
    Um, did you read your own post? "The base's primary purpose is to support development and testing of experimental aircraft and weapons systems." That's why it's highly secured and guarded.

No, I have not been to Nevada, other than flying over it. Regardless, you wouldn't be allowed INTO Area 51 unless you work there.

I don't think you are likely to find a primary source on MMO-Champ. There's a ton of information about Area 51 (and not just the crazy people, but actual information).

It is not likely to be true, no.

Area 51 is exactly what you said, it's a "secret" (in so far as it's isolated and restricted) military base used for experimental aircraft and new weapon systems. It's in the middle of the desert away from most of civilization.

As for the claims of extra-terrestrial UFOs. Please read these two sentences and see if you can find a connection:

1) Civilians see Unknown Aircraft in the area surrounding Area 51 Military Base.
    2) The military is testing experimental aircraft and other aerial objects in the area surrounding Area 51.

1 + 2 does not equal aliens.

Deleted
    Area 51 is a testing ground, nothing more. There are no aliens there, no crashed spaceships or other such secrets. Area 51 is surrounded by hundreds of people all with HD cameras and telescopes, they wont have anything good there because it will be caught on camera. Area 51 is a smoke screen for the real secret testing ground.

Hey guys,
    In this topic i want to discuss about Area 51 those who have not heared about Area 51
    Read this:
    Area 51 is a military base, and a remote detachment of Edwards Air Force Base. It is located in the southern portion of Nevada in the western United States, 83 miles (133 km) north-northwest of Las Vegas. Situated at its center, on the southern shore of Groom Lake, is a large military airfield. The base's primary purpose is to support development and testing of experimental aircraft and weapons systems.

1. It's a military base. The base's primary purpose is to support development and testing of experimental aircraft and weapons systems. Military bases are usually guarded by military guys and you don't exactly want people to know about your experimental weapons.
    2 and 3. Haven't been there myself. Again, this is a military base. If you're allowed to see what's interesting in there, talking about it on a public forum is probably forbidden.
    4. No.

The shocking truth is it is a military base. With military people in it. And potentially experimental stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's under Area 51?

Old God. Obviously.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    People see something strange looking being tested and automatically assume its aliens, this sure as hell looks alien to me.

Deleted
    I heard/read somewhere the place is nothing more then an empty airfield now- what was going on there has been moved elsewhere, It was getting to much attention -

im sorry but did you really ask why a military base is heavily guarded?
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    People see something strange looking being tested and automatically assume its aliens, this sure as hell looks alien to me.

That's Clearly a Pigeon.

Area 51 is a testing ground for experimental aircraft. The US government doesn't want other governments to know the details of the experimental aircraft, hence all the security.

None of that means aliens, and at any rate I find it highly unlikely the US government would be able to keep something like that under wraps for long. They are good at keeping secrets, but something of that magnitude would be almost impossible to keep completely secret for long. And if nothing else eventually a President would want to go down in history as the man who revealed the existence of intelligent extra-terrestrials to the world.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Any new aircraft the us government can think of. you need a place to a test prototypes that could crash at any second nothing better then a large desert.

its highly secure and guarded because,
    1) performing classified work
    2) its not recognized by the government and thus is not subject to government oversight regarding pollution and toxic waist disposal or workers rights / OSHA.

novel approaches to flight, next gen propulsion systems that could be considered UFO tech would logically be testing at a remote secure location.

Sorry nothing really special about area 51.... area 28 however.... that's different.

Quote Originally Posted by redcisse09 View Post
    That's Clearly a Pigeon.
    Weather balloon, or swamp gas. Take your pick.

Its a top secret military base, where they test all their new toys.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Area 51 is a testing ground, nothing more. There are no aliens there, no crashed spaceships or other such secrets. Area 51 is surrounded by hundreds of people all with HD cameras and telescopes, they wont have anything good there because it will be caught on camera. Area 51 is a smoke screen for the real secret testing ground.
    Pretty much this. However, I am NOT going to say that there for sure ARE NOT aliens there. Hell, there could be. There even MIGHT be aliens there.

Keep in mind I say that with the assumption that I MIGHT be a vampire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    Weather balloon, or swamp gas. Take your pick.
    My partner here will explain everything *puts on sun glasses*

Hey guys,
    Read this:

Area 51 is just a secret air force base where they test out new planes and such.

...Area 52 is where the real action is!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always thought it's a decoy, a myth created to keep the crazies focused on something unimportant.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"